1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think it'll all depend on whether or not we get CL football.

We get it, and we get at least another season out of him, if not, we'll sell him to cover loses (could maybe see us buying and immediately selling Jota as well if we miss out on CL)

McChiellini.. likes this.
  2. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    And might feel celtic is the * and do a Larsson

Na. But i feel we will get a good 3 seasons

honda likes this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    3 season's. Optimistic mate :giggle1:

MAP and Valhalla like this.
  4. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    The boy is brilliant. He will be absolutely going nowhere. He doesn’t even start for Japan yet.

5. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    2 is realistic, IF we win the title. He'll want a crack at Champions League.

6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yes because players from Japan and every other corner of the globe grow up dreaming of playing in Scottish football.

Our wages are more than competitive. We’re clearly overpaying at this point.

7. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Not at all but the size of Celtic a lot of players growing up would see playing for Celtic as a dream yes. Think with a few people quoting me have mistook the point in trying to make... clearly the board are selling a move to Celtic by saying... come to us play well and you’ll get you’re move to England. Getting a move to the premiership shouldn’t be used as a sales pitch by the board to get players on board they should want to come here. And to those saying we pay competitive wages... Ryan christe anybody? What wages was he on? Aye obviously Celtic aren’t going to compete with English money but at the same time we can afford to pay key players a whole lot more than we do

8. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I agree with this. The pathway sales pitch seems like it's run it's course. It has served us well at times tbf but this season and last season have rammed it home that it's a very risky game to play.

I'd like to see a change in tactics now, maybe bringing players in with the goal of getting the club back to Champions League level and getting the club to a position that befits our great name.

Boruc17 likes this.
  9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Were not paying epl wages so we will always be seen as a pathway. We may aswel use the one thing that we have going for us over foreign teams. Cant see many signing when we say "its ti play for us and you will not be sold to the EPL with a chance of making up to 500k per week vs our 10k."

10. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That goes without saying mate, but the fact that we are probably seen as a pathway doesn't mean we need to play up to it. We should be looking to convince players that they and we have a chance to punch above our weight in Europe and they can be part of something very special.

11. john2061

Kyogo and rogic to miss two games after the winter break against hearts and Dundee United due to world cup qualifiers for their country .

12. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I think people need to calm down.

The guy is 27 in January, he's only played 5 league games for us, 10 caps for Japan

People are now fighting over whether he'll even stay 2 seasons at Parkhead over some comments he made.

He signed a four year contract and he ain't a young lad (2 further seasons until he's 30). I don't see a queue of clubs coming in with big bucks for him.

I'd like him to stay at Celtic for many years to come.

13. StevieBhoooy!

If they are outwith our published league calendar and not a fifa international window …. Shouldn't domestic football take priority?

14. john2061

Think the players must be released due to its the world cup and the hearts game is away so they will be a big miss for these games and Boyle of Hibs is also will be missing for games as well .

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    So, Celtic is a feeder club for low end EPL teams - you're fine with that then, that's the extent of your ambition for an iconic football address?

17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Apart from the few top clubs in the world, every club is an epl feeder club. They have the money, so they buy the players.

18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

So, if we sign a player for say, £4-£5m..and after two seasons receive a £20m bid.. In a deal that suits all, we're to knock that back?

That's the reality. The EPL will take our very best as we're the closest market to them and that fact is likely used as a negotiation tactic to get players in the door... So I don't blame players when asked about that potential move.

The issue is how we invest those transfer fees, which is the biggest problem.

19. celtic warrior

Every single club at pur levels os a feeder to bigger clubs.

Think Ajax fans are happy with constantly losing all their talent?

Salzburg? Leipzig? (I mean those two are different debate I guess) but even teams like Dortmund constantly feed their best talent to the likes of their direct rivals in Munich.

We are feeder club, I don't like it but it is what ot is, if the board actually gave a * though, we'd be in a much better position to keep a steady supply of talent at the club but they refuse to invest in any meaningful infrastructure to do that and instead just look for blind punts and hope.

rickyroma25 likes this.
  20. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    It has nothing to do with ambition and everything to do with the reality of playing in a small unattractive league with very limited funding. Unless something changes there, and our total yearly income isn't less than the team that comes bottom of the EPL gets just from tv alone, then it's how things are going to continue Im afraid, whether we like it or not. It's better for us to use that to our advantage, in any way we can, rather than just moaning about it being unfair.