1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Second hat trick on Sunday anyone? What a piece of poetry that would be. I hope he * humiliates the scum *.

2. Crilly

Would much rather him through the middle myself. The thing I like about Ange though is he’s not afraid to make big decisions, could possibly drop edouard, put Kyogo on the middle, Abada out right and Christie out left. That would be non stop movement and energy from start to finish. Their defence would be rattled

Draupnir and Double Dutch like this.
  3. Mr Hoopy

Who is the ref for Sunday?

4. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    He must start through the middle, having eduard on the bench is a great sub to use once the diddies in that defence tire.

5. StevieBhoooy!

Lodge meeting is Wednesday … so we should know after then.

6. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    All excellent points.

7. Maestro 08

No mate you are wrong. The Orange kits are paying homage to the time they had a load of Dutch players and a Dutch manager so it is. Seems a bit bizarre but that's what Derek Ferguson the BBC pundit says so it must be true.

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He’ll be doing that with Tavirniers heid on Sunday.

Hammy89, Liam Scales and bagforlife like this.
  10. Benzene Gold Member Gold Member

11. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Added (yet unnecessary) incentive to smash in some goals next week against that lot. Best way to fight back...with results!

12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Pretty gutting he’s had to experience that after only a few weeks in Glasgow tbh.

bagforlife, Hammy89, Smithy and 4 others like this.
  13. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    If you watch to the end of the vid, the score ends up 19-16 to Kyogo…

…Written in the stars.

Artorias likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Mr. Slippyfist

He missed a trick by not saying “I’ll never wok alone”

:Kyogo:

16. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  17. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Outmastering the master...

18. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Nexr home game every single supporter should arrive at the stadium with a Japanese flag to show our support for him maybe the green brigade could do a special tribute for him would be amazing count me right in

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  19. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    A Red-White Brigade, at least for one game?

stirfry999 likes this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou has reiterated that the number one priority of everyone at Celtic is to protect and support Kyogo Furuhashi. It followed weekend reports of racist behaviour directed towards the Japanese player.

Speaking exclusively to Celtic TV, the Celtic manager said: “To be honest, it saddens me a lot because I’m the one who’s brought him over.

“I spent three-and-a-half years in Japan, and I was a foreigner, and I was welcomed with open arms over there.

“I know how polite and respectful the Japanese people were, and I’m the one who brought Kyogo here. I’m sure his experience is the extreme opposite of what’s been portrayed in the last 48 hours.

“I’ve been talking to him and he loves being here, he loves the city, he loves the way everyone’s embraced him.

“But it’s not about education and people are more than well aware of what’s right and wrong – just be a decent human being and treat people with respect.

“Even for myself, I’ve been lucky enough to walk around Glasgow with my family and you see all the different nationalities and different establishments – whether that’s restaurants, businesses – and it’s obvious that people have come from all over the world to make this city a great city.

“I love that – that’s kind of my background. I’m an immigrant and to hear that, even if it is a minority, it shouldn’t be there and it does sadden me.

“Our number one priority is to protect and support the player. He’s a cracking guy. If anyone ever comes across him, he’s such a nice young man and he doesn’t deserve any of that type of behavior – no one does, to be honest. No-one does.”

Since arriving at Celtic from Vissel Kobe last month, Kyogo has become an instant fans’ favourite, scoring six goals in seven games and proving to be a vital part of the team, whether in attack or in defending from the front as well.

And as fans have returned to Paradise in recent weeks, there are plenty of Japan flags flying in the stands, while countless supporters have ‘KYOGO 8’ emblazoned on the back of their Celtic tops.

“That’s the beauty of football,” said Ange Postecoglou. “When you walk around Celtic Park you’ll see images, whether that’s Nakamura or Henrik Larsson, or whoever it is, and when you start bringing people from outside your own space, whether that’s your nation or even your neighbourhood, that’s when it enriches it. It enriches people’s lives.

“That’s why people leave their homes and come halfway across the world because they’re good at something, but it actually enriches the place that you go to.

“I’ve always loved that about football – I always thought it was a unifier because, in terms of football, it didn’t matter where you were from, what economic status you might have or what your background was, you could play this game, and it brought people together.

“And having Kyogo here, or Liel Abada here – young men who I think put smiles on people’s faces – I don’t see how people try and make a negative out of that.”

The_Bhoy, Draupnir, bobs1974 and 9 others like this.