1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    He will soon be up there alongside my favourite player Henke if he carries on like this. Never thought I'd be saying that

2. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Agreed. Him and Johnston are probably my favourite 2 right now. Says it all about the squad, when I've also listed Hatate as my favourite, weeks ago in my profile.

seamus1967, Jeannie960 and Wee Baldy like this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ange on kyogo tobight

"He has really enjoyed his time in Scotland, in the Premiership and obviously with the Football Club, it’s a credit to him"

Why does that feel like a he is moving on also.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

You need to stop looking into small things man

Sean Daleer, neilly1987, Slaw and 7 others like this.
  5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Advised to miss the awards ceremony tonight on medical advice too hopefully just a case of getting a few days rest

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He needs the European performances to escalate him into the elite striker club.

He’s done it against the dross, he’s done it when it matters in cup finals and he’s also now a certified hun slayer.

He’ll come good in Europe as long as he’s fully match fit and in form this time around.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  7. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Watching the celebrations after the game and he's definitely limping. Might make the bench but definitely can't see him starting, and don't think he should.

8. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He'll rock up on Saturday and bang one in. Not worried.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  9. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Kyogo deserved the cleansweep.
    he's been immense, and cleary the best player in Scotland. im really chuffed for him. :84:

Last edited: May 29, 2023
    Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic star Kyogo Furuhashi is set to be fit to take on Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the Scottish Cup final on Saturday (3 June), sources have told Football Insider.

The 28-year-old was withdrawn during the Hoops’ 5-0 win over Aberdeen on Saturday (27 May) after clashing with Dons keeper Kelle Roos.

He tried to play on in search of a hattrick but was replaced by Hyeon-gyu Oh early on in the second half.

However, a well-placed source has told Football Insider that Furuhashi’s injury was a pain in the foot – but is nothing serious.

That will be welcome news for Celtic and Ange Postecoglou, who are in search of a world-record eighth domestic treble this season.

The Hoops can secure their third piece of silverware in the 2022-23 campaign by beating second-tier Inverness Caledonian Thistle at Hampden Park

Furuhashi has been a key part of Celtic’s success this term, notching 33 goals and five assists in 49 appearances across all competitions.

11. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good, just an impact injury then.

Let him, then Oh sign off in style.

12. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

He’ll be fine. Thought that as soon as he went off. He’s pretty soft and has went off quite a few times but been available the next game. Don’t mind that though when you’ve scored 2 and have a cup final coming up. Maybe being rushed back last season and then being injured for the about half of it afterwards has something to do with it and you can’t blame him.

13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Finished in top ten In European golden boot and only 4 players scored more than him collectively around Europe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rydo1888* and Wllm like this.
  14. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    5'7 and weighs 10 stone...what could possibly go wrong?

:Kyogo:

15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Not trained all week hopeful he can do some ball work today

Edit

Unable to train

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou has issued an injury update on the condition of Kyogo Furuhashi ahead of Saturday's Scottish Cup final against Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

The 28-year-old striker picked up a knock in Celtic's 5-0 win against Aberdeen on Trophy Day, with Postecoglou admitting that he has been unable to properly train with the group, but will do so tomorrow to see how he fares.

Kyogo has scored 33 goals this season in all competitions, with the striker being a mainstay in Postecoglou's Celtic side as they retained their Scottish Premiership title, as well as the League Cup. The team are aiming for a world record-breaking eighth domestic treble when they take on Inverness at Hampden this weekend.

If Kyogo is unavailable, Celtic will look to turn to Hyeon-gyu Oh to fill his shoes by leading the line for the side. He comes into the game in good form, having scored three goals in his last two appearances, including a double against Aberdeen last Saturday.

Providing a fitness update on Kyogo and the wider Celtic squad, Postecoglou said: “Kyogo is progressing. He hasn’t trained yet. The plan is to get him out there tomorrow (Friday) and see how he goes. He is doing some individual stuff this afternoon.

“He always is, but he is still pretty bullish about playing so we will just see how he goes.

17. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Feels like he's won every player award going this season lol

Rydo1888* and greengrocer like this.
  18. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Nice article on the big man

Scottish Cup final: Kyogo Furuhashi on Hampden, history & happiness at Celtic

Kyogo Furuhashi did not need the help of his interpreter to understand one particular question during a pre-Scottish Cup final interview with BBC Scotland - the one about Hampden Park.

The mere mention of the place brings a huge smile across the face of Celtic's talisman.

"We like the stadium," he says. "It's not just me. As a team we've scored a lot of goals there and on Saturday I would like to score as many goals as I can and try to help the team win the cup."

History demonstrates that scoring goals at the national stadium is what Kyogo does. In his first season in Scotland, he scored a brace to fire Celtic to victory in the League Cup final against Hibernian.

The Japanese striker repeated the trick in this season's final, another double proving the difference as Ange Postecoglou's side beat Rangers to take the first step on a treble bid that will reach its conclusion on Saturday.

There were concerns when Kyogo limped off in the final league match against Aberdeen last weekend that he might be a doubt for the final against Inverness Caledonian Thistle, but he says he "is preparing well".

His demeanour is not one that suggests a man sweating on his fitness.

The 28-year-old is a player in the form of his life. He has scored 33 goals this season, his 27 in the Premiership ensuring he became the first Japanese player to top the scoring charts in a European league.

It's quite a return for a player that often found himself out on the wing when playing in his homeland for FC Gifu and Vissel Kobe earlier in his career.

"A lot of people told me when I was playing on the wing that I had problems with my style," Kyogo explains.

"I started to watch Pedro, the former Barcelona player, and nick some of his skills. Also David Villa because I used to play with him at Kobe. He had so many skills that I try to imitate. Those two players are the ones that I watched the most."

Since he arrived in Scotland, Kyogo has looked every inch the master marksman. The intelligence of his movement, the insatiable work-rate, the ice-cool composure when a chance presents itself.

In his two seasons at Celtic, he has been the most influential striker in the country.

It made it all the more difficult to fathom when Kyogo was deemed surplus to requirements by his own country and missed out on selection for the Japan squad for the World Cup in Qatar late last year.

"At the time it was very difficult for me to cope," says Kyogo, who has 16 international caps.

"I was very disappointed. However, all my team-mates said 'you will be fine, you'll be ok, you'll perform very well for the rest of the season'.

"All that support from my team-mates helped me a lot and I started to believe in myself again. I kept working hard every day after this and I think that's why I have delivered good performances, because I kept believing in myself."

Kyogo's response to his World Cup omission has been seriously impressive, and his scoring exploits in Scotland have belatedly been recognised with a recall to the national team for the friendlies against El Salvador and Peru later this month.

If he can carry some of his club form onto the international stage, perhaps he will attain some of the adulation in his homeland that he enjoys from the green half of Glasgow.

"Normally I stay at home, but sometimes I go out and try to find some places in Glasgow," Kyogo says of his life away from the pitch.

"When I do I get recognised very quickly and the people tell me that they love me. I'm very happy to feel like I am loved."

If he produces more of his Hampden heroics on Saturday, the Celtic fans will love him even more.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65783685

19. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    What a player.

Wllm likes this.
  20. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    His movement is second to none.