1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    You just don't leave out a striker competing for the golden boot out of the NT. That alone is a sackable offense. This has nothing to do with footballing reasons.

gazb1888, Tommy25, Rydo1888* and 2 others like this.
  2. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  3. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    The man is a * grade A idiot.

There's no talking around it. His squad choices, team picks and tactics during Qatar were shockingly poor.

He shouldn't be anywhere near a football team, nevermind an international side.
    I wouldn't let him run a 5-a side in a leisure centre.

4. JamesM09

I wonder if he has a bit of a hangup about Ange.

I've no real evidence for that, but wasn't there chat about Ange being a Japan manager one day?

We've seen the effect Ange has on inferior people like the SMSM and the current Sevco boss.

5. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    No, but he has a completely opposite football philosophy. Maeda is a defensive forward- that is why Moriyasu accepted him. I hope someone will send him a highlights reel of Furuhashi 's defensive contributions. He's worthy of being a super-sub to Maeda at least.

6. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    What's the general opinion on Moriyasu/Hatate and Kyogo not getting called up @Far East Footballer

Skelleto likes this.
  7. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He took Japan out of a very tough group and into the last 16 of the World Cup then was unlucky to go out to the team that finished 3rd in the tournament mate...

8. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Kyogo like all other foreign exports in the last 15 years will be the same…no real affinity for us other than enjoyed their time here. But as the world is set up now around watching the prem, that’s where he’ll want to end up. If not this summer, next summer he’ll be gone

9. Far East Footballer

Many are angry including me:triplomur.

Football media asked Moriyasu why he didn't select Kyogo & Hatate, and he answered.
    "Each player is playing in a different league (so, it was a difficult decision)".

Kyogo is likely to become the top goal scorer of this season in Scottish league.
    Hatate is surely one of the very best players of this season in Scottish league.

If they are not enough, they have to play well in EPL or somewhere:triplomur?

HTG likes this.
  10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Is he actively only picking one player from a league?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

11. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    He is just being a *, plain and simple.

He can’t bang on about the league then pick one of our player for the squad.

Utter *. But rather we don’t have them in that squad. Helps us.

12. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Must be pumping Maeda's maw and can't leave him out.

gazb1888 and Peej like this.
  13. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    They would have won it with Hatate in the squad

14. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

More than happy Hatate and Kyogo weren’t picked, no chance of further injuries plus with Kyogo’s dodgy shoulder.

There will be plenty internationals these 2 will be chosen as well as Iwata and possibly Kobayashi.

15. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Both Kyogo and Hatate know that they will have to perform very well in europe for us. I think this will drive them on to the next level.

Dannybhoy81 and Danny 4692 like this.
  16. horseshoe

Remember before the world cup people complaining that he's very stubborn and conservative with his squads, mostly sticking with his tried and tested regardless of form, so not really surprised. I love Maeda and what he brings to the table, he's a pretty unique forward, but still kyogo and hatate are better players, glad we don't have to worry about them traveling or getting injuries while away, but it's a bit of a * for them. If talk about the level of league was that important he wouldn't have picked maeda, or players from the second tier in other leagues.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  17. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Agreed. I'll copy over a post I had made on the Hatate threaf, but Furuhashi would have had a helpful impact as well, even if as a sub.

18. Far East Footballer

If I were Kyogo, I would be angry at Moriyasu (=Japanese national team manager). I hope the anger helps him explode = score more in coming games. More specifically, I hope he will score 10 to 15 goals in the remaining games of this season.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
  19. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    The Japanese coach is a big lousy jobby *!

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Kyogo Furuhashi has praised unlikely heroes for the secret of his success this season - the Celtic chefs.

And he's revealed he's turned into a home cooking addict which he claims has helped him blast in 26 goals this season as the Hoops aim for the treble.

The Japanese star suffered another international snub last week after his WorldCup heartache, but he continues to go from strength to strength with Ange Postecoglou's side.

And, in his column for a Japanese media outlet, Furuhashi has revealed how he prepares for matches and handed the credit for his form to a surprising source.

He said: "I am grateful for the support of the club, and I can only thank them. At Celtic, rice, miso soup, natto, etc. appear on the menu for the Japanese players. After the game, sushi and curry seasoned to Japanese taste will be served. I can spend my time here without missing Japanese food.

"I believe that self-management of eating habits, including home cooking, will also lead to playing well.

"Every day, I think about nutritional balance and physical condition when cooking. And now I do a lot of home cooking.

The trigger for cooking myself was Covid. I used to eat out, but when the infection spread, I spent more time at home. After getting used to eating at home, I began to think it was easier.

"At that time, I was only able to cook simple hot pot dishes, but now I can make several dishes in an hour. I learned a lot from my mother, who is very knowledgeable about nutrition. There are days when I think it's troublesome, but watching TV or singing a song while cooking alone can be a good change of pace. It's surprisingly fun and addicting when you try it.

"My favourite game day meal is an omelette and fried egg. If there is a match at home, I'll make it for breakfast at home, and if I'm traveling, I'll ask the chef to make it for me."

And Furuhashi, 28, believes his diet has helped him reach new heights with the Hoops.

He said: "We won the League Cup for the second year in a row and I was able to score two goals against Rangers, our biggest rivals.

"Last season, I couldn't play for about four months with my injury, but this season we have got even better and I have scored more goals.

"I think we have improved from last season because we are able to keep producing results