1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Not truly lightweight. When he was on form, he acted like a tank. You couldn't bring him down with an axe. Now, he'd get mugged off of Taylor in a physical tussle.

You know who else had these drastic performance differences based on state of mind?

The lovely Greek, Georgios Samaras. On his best day, he would somehow dribble past 4 men, and was as strong as you expect a 194 cm tall player to be. When he was in * mode, he'd collapse from a dirty look.

Edouard is nothing more than a rich man's Samaras.

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Ten mins appearance and already folk are doing the old "too small for Scotland" patter.

How about we wait and see him play in a system designed for his style of play, where fast passing and movement will trump the slow and brute force we all seem to be scared of.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

3. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Come on man

4. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Im sorry but he never has been for me.

Never seen him really bully a defence or cause problems in the air. Especially for a guy around 6ft in height. Just so languid and nonchalant at times.

His main strength is his ability when facing the defender up with the ball at his feet. And at times his movement and obviously his finishing can be very good. I think Samaras had far more pace tbh.

5. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    He is. No doubt about it. He is pencil thin.
    My main point being maybe his strengths just isnt the physcial side of the game.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kyogo Furuhashi made his Celtic debut as a late substitute during Saturday’s match against Hearts at Tynecastle, and now wants to work hard and impress under Ange Postecoglou.

Speaking to the media today (Monday), the Japanese attacker praised the Hoops manager’s style of play and also hailed the club’s history – something he’s determined to play a part in moving forward.

“When Ange was in Japan, he showed a very interesting way of playing,” said Kyogo. “The team passed well, they pressed the game well, and I believe we can do that.

“There are many good players here, who aim high. We have an excellent manager, therefore, if we believe in ourselves, the results should follow.”

“Celtic are a big team with great history, so to play here is a big thing for my career and I am very happy to play here.”

With history in mind, Kyogo recalled Shunsuke Nakamura’s wondergoal free-kick against Manchester United at Paradise in 2006, and said he’d love to recreate similar historic moments for the fans during his time in Glasgow.

He added: “When Shunsuke played against Manchester United, for myself and for the supporters, his free kick was historic. So, if I have such a chance, I would like to help achieve similar moments here at this club.

“I am enjoying being here and I’m looking forward to scoring goals and playing in front of the Celtic fans.”

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    No Edouard just isn’t trying, there’s loads of evidence to show Edouard isn’t lightweight.

8. James Gold Member Gold Member

Do think if they announce him 10 times it equates to 10 signings

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

eire4 likes this.
  10. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    He better "encourages" Iniesta to move to us as well :84:

11. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Too lightweight :D

King Kwon likes this.
  12. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    You do realise he was in hotel quarantine for 10 days immediately before getting a 10 minute cameo right? They are not allowed out of their hotel room for any extended period, so no going to the gym, no going out for runs or anything like that, and you are complaining about his lack of energy? Yeah, that's a fair and balanced first opinion you have there.

The Don likes this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Good luck to him, really hope it works out.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

KYOGO FURUHASHI is already big in Japan.

Now he will ask two famous mentors to help him have the same impact in Scotland.

The Celtic new boy revealed chats with Andres Iniesta and Shunsuke Nakamura have prepared him for his £4.6million move

Furuhashi classes the Barcelona legend as “family”, after starring alongside the Spanish icon for J-League club Vissel Kobe.

Hoops great Nakamura has also urged the winger to seize the chance of a lifetime as he heads into the unknown.

Furuhashi said: “Iniesta is a teacher, a big brother and family to me. I have great respect for him. We played a lot together.

“He’s a quiet person but I learned a lot from him. I feel a special connection with him, and really enjoyed playing alongside him at Kobe.

“Iniesta played against Celtic with Barcelona, and he told me the power of the supporters was huge.

“For him, Celtic Park was a really tough stadium.

“But for me being on the other side, and being part of Celtic, makes me excited to experience it.

“Nakamura is a legend, not only in Japan but here at Celtic. He’s a great player, and he’s still playing now.

“He has given the supporters a lot of great memories over the years at all of the clubs he has been at.

“It’s a huge motivation of mine to work hard here, and he told me I can be as successful as he was at Celtic.

“I have been fortunate to have the opportunity to talk to him a couple of times since I signed.

“He just told me to be myself. A lot of things will happen but he said, ‘You can do it’.

“I have confidence in myself that I can achieve a lot here.

"Nakamura also told me about the incredible atmosphere.

“I have been there to see the stadium and walk around the pitch, you can almost feel it already, and the fans are not even there yet.

“I am looking forward to experiencing the stadium at full capacity. I want to score in front of the supporters and feel those cheers.”

Furuhashi, 26, was a key target for Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou after hitting top form in Japan.

He was the J-League’s top scorer this season before he left and the Aussie knows all about his prowess.

He netted against Yokohama F Marinos in Kobe’s Super Cup win in February 2020, but Postecoglou has forgiven him.

The Japanese ace added: “Thankfully the manager did not hold a grudge!

"He created a very interesting style of football with Marinos, and of course he won the league.

“It was always a tough team to play against. I’m just excited I’m now in his team and I get to be part of his style.

"He brought me over here and believes I can be part of things.

“The manager has brought me here to play in the wide areas, but I always think about scoring goals.

“The fans can expect me to run, and and to create opportunities. I want to score and become a big name here at Celtic.”

Furuhashi made a brief sub appearance against Hearts in Saturday night’s 2-1 defeat, but had little chance of making an impact.

He admits he noticed a difference in the physical nature of the Scottish game to what he’s used to in Japan.

Furuhashi will make his Europa League debut against Jablonec on Thursday, and will rely on past experiences of different competitions.

He said: “This was my first time playing in a foreign league and it was different.

"My first impression was it’s a tough, physical contest with a lot of speed. It’s very physical compared to the J-League and the contact is hard.

“You certainly feel the difference, not only in the game but even in the training.

“It’s really interesting for me to adapt and play my game. I am sure I can cope with the physical side.

“But at Celtic we have great players, a top manager, and great fans, so we can unite and be successful.

“I will do my best for the club to help them achieve that. We also have European games to look forward to.

“It was tough for me individually playing in the Asian Champions League, and I needed to overcome a lot of tasks.

“We had a successful run in the competition and now I have a chance to play in the Europa League, I think my experience will help me.”

Furuhashi played in some high-profile J-League fixtures, but nothing will compare to his first Old Firm clash on August 29.

He added: “I’m looking forward to the derby. I played in some big derbies in Japan.

“The games against Osaka were always the biggest and they were very passionate matches, with so much at stake for the supporters.

“It’s a tough night for the fans. I always like to focus on my own play no matter who I play against.”

Japan has a golfing icon in Hidek Matsuyama, and Furuhashi revealed that’s one aspect of Scottish life he wants to explore.

He said: “I think I would like to learn some golf.

"I have heard there are some players in the dressing room who like to play, and we know Scotland is the home of golf.

“It’s something I’ve always been interested in taking up. I think playing golf would be better than trying the whisky!”

tarboltontim likes this.
  16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Golf?? No, no, no, stay the * away from that, they'll lead you to Desmiond! Perish the thought.

17. Mr Cleansheets

Well, he got that last bit wrong...

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Did Larsson no harm.

19. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I'm not too familiar with Japanese culture, does anybody know if Furuhashi is a Catholic surname or a * one?

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member