1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He’s just not suited to majority games we play, it’s not often he’ll get the space to run in behind and someone to pick him out.

Doesn’t look as sharp as he was last season either though so he’s definitely not near his best yet.

martin_d likes this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's a strange one..

Last season he was dropping deep, out wide and running in behind. He was always involved linking up the play and pulling defender's all over the place..

I don't know if he's under order's......but he's really high, all the time at the minute. That's the 3rd game he's been pretty non-existent.....and aye I'm including a couple of pre season game's..

He'll still come good though. Just wouldn't have him as a guaranteed starter over Jackie as easily as other's would at the minute..

4. Keano88

Hasn’t really had a sniff last few games, the second half vs Legia and again today our final pass left a lot to be desired.

Closest he came was the chance he carved for himself and the stretch for O’Riley’s cross and on another day he probably scores from that Maeda ball in 2nd half which their defender done well to cut out.

No worried at all though, none of our attackers were really on it today.

Hammy89 likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I completely forgot about that half chance from O'Riley's ball :giggle1:

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Said it before and will say it again, we should be starting big Jackie and bringing on Kyogo around the 60 minute mark.

Just think Big Jackie offers us much more than Kyogo.

martin_d, McKagan and Dan Breen like this.
  8. davidhannah

He's not getting the same service as the guy who lobbed the Hibs keeper. What's going on Ange?

Kyogo is Larsson esk. Some thing's not right. That aside. Excellent start to the season against Aberdeen.

Kyogo and Giakomakis are both outstanding. We are blessed to have them both. Both deserve to start. If only we could change the system to fit them both.

An Ange Ball 4-4-2. Giakomakis flick on to Kyogo finish. Would love to see it. But football's all changed now.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  9. BigDoggyWoofWoof

Giak is getting more chances at the moment despite playing significantly fewer minutes. Kyogo often looks a bit anonymous, seems as though he's struggling to find the space. As others have said, Giak and Kyogo have different strengths and starting Kyogo every game makes little sense.

10. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    We look a lot better when Gia plays.

martin_d and Dan Breen like this.
  11. DdoubleD

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Its one game into the season ffs

Mike B and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  12. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Was some pass from O’Reilly. Think Messi would have even struggled to see that was on, it was Xavi material :giggle1:

McChiellini.. likes this.
  13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just not happening for him, start big GG next week.

14. PaddyJamieson

A few overreactions to yesterday, I feel. I agree Giako should start the next game, but Kyogo is utter class.

Mike B, Blochairnbhoy and Wllm like this.
  15. celtic warrior

1 game.

Tbh I think Maeda and Kyogo can't start together.

Kyogo needs guys like Jota and Abada starting alongside him who have better footwork and end product to be setting Kyogo when he's on one of his clever runs off defenders.

Maeda doesn't offer that, I know that Abada absolutely hooked a cross into another planet yesterday but he's overall a better crosser and passer of the ball than Maeda.

Maeda and Giakoumakis are a great fit, but not Maeda and Kyogo

martin_d likes this.
  16. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

I dont really think there was much more Kyogo could do as he wasnt get fed many through balls and had to try create his own chances.

Yesterday was almost a throwback to Lenny's time where we used to constantly whip balls into the box for Eddie...pointless. Would have made sense had GG been on, we need to play to the strikers strengths.

oh bhoy and Mike B like this.
  17. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I know we weren’t scintillating by any stretch but we were nowhere near the standard Lennon set. We used to just slowly pass it to the next available man then aimlessly throw it in the box.

We still had nice, quick patterns of play yesterday in and around the 18 yard box, and didn’t get many breaks.

On another day we could’ve scored 4 or 5 despite not being at our best.

Doogs. likes this.
  18. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    It's a tricky one, I think he just needs game time to get back to his best, but if we give him that it could be to the detriment of the team for a while and not really fair on GG when he is ready to go now. At his best he is the better option up front, but right now he isn't at his best.

I think I'd probably give it another couple of games with him starting and see how he does, then if it's still not happening switch it to GG starting and bring him on, hopefully when we are comfortably ahead, to get some confidence back with a few goals. I'm sure he'll come good though, sooner rather than later.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.jiji.com/sp/article?k=2022080100164&g=spo

The opening festival at the hot base, packed with nearly 60,000 supporters. Celtic's Furuhashi couldn't show his goal and expressed regret.

In the 15th minute of the first half, the right foot shot was blocked by the opponent's goalkeeper, and in the 25th minute he matched the left cross, but missed the goal to the right. He retired in the 20th minute of the second half and reflected, "I have to be strong enough to make a decision. I have to peel one or two skins."

Last season, he scored 20 goals in the official game and contributed to the league title. In the second season of joining the World Cup (World Cup), "I wish I could score 20 or more goals. Focusing on what is in front of me and continuing to produce results is an appeal as a forward." He showed a strong determination. (Glasgow current affairs)

20. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

My comment was about whipping balls from out wide and into the box expecting Kyogo to get a head on the end of them, not the general play.