1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Thst I actually disagree with. He should start a majority of them when fit but I don't see a problem with rotation to stop injuries happening and making sure our best start the big games. Giakoumakis is still decent and am confident we get goals in the league with either playing.

BigDoggyWoofWoof likes this.
  2. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Their midfield has been running over the top of us for a while. We're far too weak.

However, it isn't helped by strikers who can't hold the ball up.

3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Like Europe, Huns running through our midfield is far more about tactics than personnel.

Signing a good physical DM would improve things a bit, but the idea just replacing a player or two is going to magically transform us doesn’t really add up.

No matter who we have in DM, being so loose in possession and not being able to manage games against teams of a certain level properly is still going to give us massive issues.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  4. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

A perfect example of what GG can offer that Kyogo cannot. The way he brings the ball down was pure Sutton-esque.

Stunning goal btw, exciting times ahead tips!

5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I hear ya mate.. Just because he starts doesn't mean he has to play the 90 minutes... some of the home games maybe when we are cruising, hook him at HT...

Hes not gonna be fit 100% of the time anyway but we are a far better team when he plays

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

KYOGO has set himself a minimum target of 20 goals next season as he looks to wrest the title of Scotland’s top scorer away from teammate Giorgos Giakoumakis.

Giakoumakis and Ross County’s Regan Charles-Cooke shared the top spot in the Scottish Premiership scoring charts last season with 13 league goals apiece, with Kyogo only one behind with 12 strikes to his name.

Both of Celtic’s main strikers spent lengthy periods on the sidelines last season through injury, and Kyogo revealed that he and Giakoumakis have a friendly rivalry going where they try to push each other on to outscore one another.

That pressure the Celtic players put on one another has the Japanese forward convinced that there will be much more to come from both he and the team as a collective in the new campaign.

“We have good teammates and supporters and I think that is why we can do better than last season,” Kyogo said.

“Personally, I would like to get good numbers. I want a minimum of 20 goals.
    “Last season Giako got his title but I had opportunities. It would be nice to get that result.
    “We have good players, we are working hard and pushing and stimulating each other on the pitch.”

In order to ensure that happens, Kyogo has been doing extra laps of the training pitch after sessions on his own here in Austria, with the Celtic coaching staff having to almost drag him off for a rest.

The coaches prepare us well and with a good programme for the training sessions, which we are happy with,” he said.

“I still have personal tasks to overcome and that is why I am doing extra.”
    Kyogo got his first goal of pre-season in the feisty 3-3 draw with Rapid Vienna on Saturday evening, and Celtic fans may have been excited by his link-up with David Turnbull, the pair setting up a goal apiece for one another after coming on at half time.
    “David did well to win the ball and gave me a nice pass that I was able to finish, which I am happy with, but the team has to win every game,” he said.
    “There is still a lot to improve and that is why we are training hard in pre-season

“I also want to get to a good fitness level and to contribute to the team.”

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

20 goals? He means by Christmas right?

Love the humbleness of the Japanese. Deep down he’ll be thinking 40 goals and few opposition Achilles :giggle1:

8. AussieGreek

I love you sweet prince.

Kyogoals67 likes this.
  9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    As it’s a more physical game I think Giakoumakis is more effective against the huns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Kyogoals67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    it's pretty sexy to think of him destroying the opposition then him being dragged off and we bring on Gio to move into embarassthem mode

;-)

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

THE movement of Kyogo has left many a defender dizzy since he burst onto the scene at Celtic last season, but his speed is such that it is often difficult even for his own teammates to keep up with him.

David Turnbull linked brilliantly with the striker on Saturday night for two of Celtic’s goals against Rapid Vienna, the midfielder finishing a lovely first-time cross from his forward before turning provider for Kyogo to slide the ball home from inside the box.

Turnbull has revealed though that it has been something of an education for him trying to simply predict where Kyogo might go next, but their understanding is building the more they play together, and he is sure the combination between the pair can be a fruitful one for Celtic in the coming season.

“I played with him all of last season and I loveplaying alongside him,” Turnbull said.

“We had a good partnership then and againstRapid we linked up for two of the goals.

“He’s a joy to play with. It’s great to know that he will make the runs in behind and he can find me as well.

“I think just his movement and his runs and behind are brilliant. Sometimes he’s even one step ahead I feel, and you can’t get the ball through to him.

If you play it early though he’s always onside and ready to be there.”

12. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    :ange2:

King of Kings likes this.
  13. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

For me, Kyogo is the best striker since Henrik Larsson, in his movement around the box and just overall understanding of the role. He makes Edouards drifting runs in and out the channels look a level below.

Iniesta literally marked him as the player, beside Messi, as the best he’s ever worked with (as a student of the game, and not sheer ability obviously).

If he can have a prolonged run this season, along with Reo and Maeda, with a pre season into them under Ange, it’s just scary how good we can be if we want to.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
  15. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Looked sharp as *, hopefully keeps fit and we’ve got some headache for who to start up top.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  16. Keano88

This beautiful man will hit 40 goals this season.

17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Movement is unreal.

Him trying to get the ball back after equalising :giggle1:

18. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Almost as good as Giakoumakis.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Looks bang at it..

Gonna be formidable..

charlietully and Hope N Ur Heart like this.
  20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

His movement and work rate are sublime, a season of full fitness and he’ll bang in 40.