1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He seems too scared to lose the ball when on the wing. It's a Japanese thing to fear mistakes, but he must believe in himself. I'm not sure if Ange will persist with him out wide. A 4-2-4 system would be better, yet rather Ange-like (all-out attack).

martin_d likes this.
  2. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Yes was not effective out on the right. Definitely need to play him down the middle and if you are rotating, he’s best off coming on with 30 to go when the defence is tired, rather than out on the wing.

Dan Breen and McChiellini.. like this.
  3. Keano88

Agree with the consensus.

That’s a few times now we’ve tried him out wide and we just aren’t the same threat.

Has to play through the middle.

4. TheHappyLoss

He plays so wide though, right on the touchline. Hope there is a way to have him more central with Georgios

Wllm likes this.
  5. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I think he would comfortably be able to play either side a forward 3 if he's tighter to the penalty area rather than hugging the touchline as he loves to drift inside or get in behind to receive a pass.

Would probably mean changing the system/formation to incorporate wingers or even wing backs. But playing him as a winger just dilutes the aspects of his game that make him dangerous.

6. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Or try him in the number 10 position ?

callumrae1967 and Maestro 08 like this.
  7. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I see your point, but that means having Montgomery or Boli left, not Juranović. A more mobile central midfielder instead of Rogić or Turnbull would not go amiss, either.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    Wllm likes this.
  8. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    And would also mean patching inverted full backs as we'd need width. Shame really because if all were played as forwards, Jota, GG and Kyogo would be immense to see.

Would love a mobile midfielder tbh on my Christmas wishlist haha

Damnati likes this.
  9. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We have McGregor, but then a holder needs to come in. TBH, Bitton would do a job in Scotland- just to start attacks and do the boring ball retention stuff, with the ability to do a riskier pass in his locker. Soro is mobile and ideal for a a ball-winner in front of CMc, but I guess Ange froze him out. I honestly don't mind players getting yellow cards, though.

Wllm likes this.
  10. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Would rather have rested him today and played Abada or Mikey instead. I think the intention was always to play GG up front. Nice to have a different option but with a full 11 on the pitch, Kyogo starts up top.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Paradise88

Should drop him in behind Jacky maky as a number 10 and put rogic to the bench. Ideally have Forrest back on the right to alternate starts with Abada.

13. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Don’t get the want to put Kyogo in the 10 position. The reason he’s ineffective out wide is because he doesn’t like to turn on the ball and take players on.

Simply he doesn’t like to play with his back to goal which is a basic for being a 10 and while Rogic isn’t scoring at the moment, he’s providing so much in that position with getting us up the park and creating space.

FranceCelt, Wllm and Lewis Kerr like this.
  14. Lewis Kerr

Most Celtic fans (on here anyway) always drop Rogic out of the starting 11 for some reason whenever a new player comes in or when someone comes back from injury. He has constantly been underrated by our support since the Deila years.

I'd try Kyogo as a 10 at some point but not right now. As much as I love him he's useless on the wing for us. For now, Giakoumakis stays on the bench and rotates with Kyogo in games where we can afford to rest him.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  15. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I wouldn’t be playing Kyogo ahead of Turnbull or Rogic. We have enough there at the moment and I’d be more inclined to play Mikey there before Kyogo.

Just keep playing Kyogo upfront, down the middle.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Not sure why anyone would even consider Kyogo as a number 10. The best part of his game is his movement in the final third, drifting away from defenders to create space to run in behind.

Put him in a deeper role and you don’t get that. Well, not nearly enough anyway.

craigtheceltic and FranceCelt like this.
  17. marty89

I don't buy this 'ineffective' label. He seems comfortable enough out wide without standing out. The SJ boy had trouble tracking his runs although he is definitely not going to show the direct mercurial style as Jota, Mickey, Abada do but neither does Forrest who I believe would have played if fit.

I think the overall reasoning behind his start was to give Abada some rest given his age and experience and also we got to finally after years and a shameful 4-6-0 we get to see a big bruiser up front in geo bullying SPL defences.

The cliche, victim of his own success, comes to mind. A good winger and a special striker.

If we add Maeda this window then we have five fast, skillful and free scoring players in the front line who can deputise and mix it up if needed and big Geo the man-eater. That is nothing but good for me.

18. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Start him up top and spring GG for last 30min, best of both worlds.
    Last think tired defenders want to see is a big lump coming on when they are tiring.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Keano88

What a player he is man. His touch, vision and movement are next level.

Probably should have had a hat-trick with the one Johnston should have put on a plate for him and the one on one their keeper saved.

Pls don’t ever leave us :49: