1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kristoffer Ajer

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Jan 5, 2016.

Discuss Kristoffer Ajer in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

There's zero chance we get close to £15m for a player with one year left on his deal. To get to this point in the fist place is horrific mismanagement though.

Peej likes this.
  2. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Great player for us. Even this seasons he tried his hardest, made a few error but was playing with a bunch of duds.

3. watsondw

He more than contributed to the disastrous season. Seriously Overrated as a defender

4. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

It’s cause he’s more handsome than you isn’t it?

bagforlife likes this.
  5. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

If the player doesn't want to sign a deal and the best we can get is X amount how is that the fault of the Club ? Or are you going to try and say if a player has 2 years left on a contract, and won't sign a new deal, they should be sold* ?
    * me someone signs a 4 year deal, 12 months later we would need to be entering into new contract negotiations ffs.

*thats assuming they are prepared to move.

6. john2061

Agree only defender I know that can only jump a inch of the ground and * ducking a shot against them unforgivable .

honda likes this.
  7. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

What you've described is the model most clubs like Celtic work to. Young, developing players are at their peek value with 2 years left on their contract. In normal times i.e. if 10IAR wasn't on the line, there would have been a fire sale last summer. Edouard, Ajer, Christie, Ntcham. Instead we took the financial hit with 10 on the line.

8. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

There's no doubting the guy has concentration issues and needs to be more commanding. But in a new environment with better players and better coaches, I've no doubt he will improve.

He's 23 and has a * of a lot of experience. if he keeps developing, he's probably two moves away from a top European club IMO.

At that point, all of his poor moments at Celtic will be forgotten as the fan bhoys re claim him. See Virgil Van Djik.

9. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Adios Kris. There’s a serious player in there somewhere. I think he will thrive wherever he goes. It will be between £6m-£8m I’d say. No chance we get 8 figures for him with 1 year on his contract unless there’s a bidding war.

10. dmccourt95

Anything less than 10 wouldn’t be worth selling for but I’m no expecting much from the amateurs to get a good deal

11. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    Honestly if he wants to leave then get it wrapped up as soon as. How many times we seen players stay after saying they want an exit route and then show barely any enthusiasm when playing.

12. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Aye they may have been sold, perhaps not all of them though, but we will never know I guess. Instead, as you say, the Club made a choice to keep them all, now those who would have went apeshit last year for the shortsightedness in selling then... are now picking values out of the air while talking about inept handling of contracts blah blah. * laughable.

13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Most of our decent players will be offski.

14. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    See in reality? £10m for a player who is in the final year of his contract is a good deal and if reinvested properly could see us getting 2 or maybe even 3 good young players in to replace him and other members of the squad. The reality is we aren't reinvesting any of that sort of money and that's where the problem is for me

dmccourt95 likes this.
  15. dmccourt95

I just don’t see us getting a good replacement for less than 8 so selling him for say 6 mill would be pointless. Our hit rate on the 2-3 mill punts is about 1 in 10 so I’m expect a lot of * to be signed this summer

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    No I'm saying it would be very poor to have allowed him to get to this stage without some other alternative already being in place.

Be that having signed someone last season.
    Having negotiated even a one year extension to protect the club.
    Or simply being a better negotiator. The one thing we can give lawwell credit for is his normally good rate at getting good money back for players. Even last year in their deal. Armstrong was around the £7million mark, you'd expect ajer would be worth more than that.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

17. watsondw

Yeah his good looks prevented the defence from conceding >50 goals this season

18. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Yeah I get what you're saying. I would ultimately say though that Julien was £7m and I think we overpaid for him. He's a good defender but he's easily bullied and he's injury prone. I definitely think we could pick up a decent CB for £3m somewhere in Europe.

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Good riddance. Big pansy mascarading as a defender.

20. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

This was expected. Wait til the last week in the window when we accept £8m from Norwich for Turnbull.