1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kristoffer Ajer

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Jan 5, 2016.

Discuss Kristoffer Ajer in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Massive boost for this weekends game. Especially given how well they have been playing.

GreenLeanMean likes this.
  2. GreenLeanMean

Hopefully he kicks on. Could do with him at the back.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Praised the guy this season but he was absolutely pathetic today..

Getting caught on the ball by that lanky Stewart, losing headers where they flicked it on and almost scored again..

He was all over the place. Let his man run off him round Jullien also..

Embarrassing..

Big C and cat123 like this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Was coming on leaps and bounds under Rodgers. Regressed the last 18 months, albeit he's still been one of our best players this season - if not the best.

Taz and The Phoenix like this.
  5. JamesM09

Didn’t play particularly well but always seems to give it his all.

The guy wants to be a success and wants to win here, that’s clear to see. He’ll have a good season if we get the right manager in.

6. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Big C likes this.
  7. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    I wish Kristoffer Ajer was as good as Kristoffer Ajer thinks Kristoffer Ajer is.

thailandceltic and Big C like this.
  8. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Yep, has been one of our few passes this season but yesterday was really poor. Guess he knew there would be no scouts watching a Betfred cup game....

McChiellini.. likes this.
  9. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Not really interested in slating him. After Laxalt he’s probably been our player of the year.. whatever that’s worth.

10. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Not without his faults, another player shoved into a position where it doesn't benefit him or the team for that matter. I know that sounds like a stupid comment to make because he is/has played as a defender(up for argument he has/having the ability to play centre mid). But he's all right foot/favours it and as a result, he and we suffer for it. Body shape closes off the left side of the field, doesn't play many medium to long rage passes done the left side. Just another way of making our play predictable.

Yesterday, we played with a Back 3. We had 3 v 1 and even no immediate pressure at all at times. Yet we had Brown dropping to pick the ball up. For me either Ajer or Bitton could have stepped into the midfield when we had the ball, allowing us to push more bodies into attacking positions to deal with the 5 and 4 lines of defence they had. Instead we had bodies behind the ball that we're needed but not used. Now that should be addressed by the coaching staff, but the player should also be able recognise this and make the adjustment himself.

11. Big C

This is the boys problem!!!! Thinks he’s a player and has got miles to go to be a player. Always looking to blame someone else, takes no responsibility for his mistakes, I’d empty him at he first opportunity. Can’t remember him winning a header since he done his cheek bone.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    For all his height and build the * has turned powder puff since his breakthrough season honestly think a 5ft 4 medium sized man could batter his * in that’s how much a * he is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. DonnyCelt

Guys a *. One of the ones who doesn't want to be there. Nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. Won't ever forget the embarrassment last year when he basically slide tackled a dead ball with no one even near it.

14. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    The man is a midfielder being asked to play defender, he doesn't want to do that, he wants to go running through the midfield and when he does he's * good at it. but that doesnt mean you turn * just cause your not in the position you wnat, at least your in the * team, you should be doing your best and playing out your skin to get the big move you so desperately desire.

if you dont wnat to be here then * off, i'd rather have the young boy Welsh back in cause at least he'll * try.

15. mayo

I honestly would love to see him given a go at DM. Browns past it, McGregor is not a DM and struggle to think of other alternatives for the role. Laxalt perhaps but then we need to play Taylor. * that.

16. CountyDownFaithful

His biggest strength without a doubt is his ability to bring the ball forward and in the process commit players and create gaps.

I'd like to experiment and play him as a CDM. Obviously his defensive awareness has improved over the years so he could potentially be useful at breaking down attacks and he is quick for a big man.

Would give him more opportunities to start attacks with his galloping runs.

mayo and Metrobhoy like this.
  17. James Gold Member Gold Member

Fairly confident he blew his move to Milan to bits

The Dude likes this.
  18. Big C

Not in a month of Sunday’s is this boy a midfield player!!! I was saying in here we’d be lucky to get £5 million for him when folk were saying £15 million minimum and giving me abuse for it, comical. What planet or more importantly what games are these guys watching??? The boy is not any good, positionally always caught out, murder, I mean murder, in the air for his height, dives in like a school boy....need I go on. Let him go ASAP.

19. CountyDownFaithful

Your general point about him not being as good as some people think... I can agree with that to an extent. But I do still think there is a player in there... he has shown it before, not so much recently.

He isn't a natural CB hence my suggestion about trying him in CM. That is where he played when we signed him - Rodgers and the loan spell he had at Killie moulded him into a CB. I agree he doesn't have the aggression or natural instincts to be a 'great' CB.

20. Big C

It’s good to have a debate rather than being slaughter for an opinion, thanks mate. I know what you’re saying but I can’t see him being any better than anything we have in there right now and considering he wants away...in games when we are not being pressed then I could still play in our midfield but if you watch how quickly our midfield is closed down in big games I don’t think he has the quickness of thought or is mobile enough to be a midfield player. I’d absolutely love a tank in the middle of the park who could also play a bit but I think he is neither.
    He has regressed so much since his cheek injury it’s unreal.