1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kristoffer Ajer

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Jan 5, 2016.

Discuss Kristoffer Ajer in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Usually that's what happens, Brown or McGregor will cover the CB that steps out.. if none of them in position to cover then he'd have to fall back into his starting position but I don't know the exact passage of play you referenced but possibly that's what has happened.

2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Browns always dropping back, something I’m far from comfortable with after seeing that Motherwell CB go past him with ease.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Absolutely woeful defending..

His man nips in after the ball bounced and got the rebound as Ajer stood watching..

What a game haha. 1-2..

4. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Not really Ajers fault though, the other centre back was all over the shop then just luck of the rebound.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Both to blame. Ajer was static and behind his man when the ball bounced and instead of getting goal side....stood as their player reacted to the save..

6. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Harsh on Ajer to be honest, keeper should be palming that wide not into the middle of the goal.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic have placed a £15m valuation on the head of star defender Kris Ajer- according to a report.

The Norway international has been linked with a clutch of clubs over the past 12 months with AC Milan closely monitoring his progression with the Premiership champions.

And the Daily Mail report Celtic have identified £9m-rated Sampdoria defender Omar Colley as a potential replacement if Ajer is to leave Parkhead before the window shuts next month.

The 22-year-old - who switched agents earlier this year - has emerged as a key man under Neil Lennon but competition for places has increased since the arrival of Shane Duffy.

Ajer's future has been the subject of great debate since Lennon's declaration after the shock defeat to Ferencvaros that some players want out of Parkhead.

But the towering defender started the following game against Motherwell and set up Albian Ajeti in the 3-0 win before the international break.

Celtic have been continually linked with Colley over the past month but the Hoops boss played down talk over an imminent transfer last month

8. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I know it’s still a good fee but I would be quite disappointed with £15m and I don’t think we should be replacing him with a 27 year old Omar Colley, even though I think he would be a good defender for us. Surely found another gem somewhere that could get us a bit of cash, like Mbe Soh??

9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Not for 9 million anyway! If Lawwell sells Ajer for 15 million and buys a replacement at that age for 9 million, then we really aren't in Kansas anymore. Might be different if he were a young kid we could develop at that price, but not 27.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    15 is far too low..

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Add £10m on to that.

johnboy19 likes this.
  12. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Exactly. If £15m is the price, we need a youngster to come in with Julien and Duffy. Surely a young strong CB in the shape of a Denayer from one of the big guns down south or a defender in a similar league to ours? Seems too steep for someone with zero sell on value

Random Review likes this.
  13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Needs to be £20m rather than £15m.

Half on a replacement.

johnboy19 likes this.
  14. Big C

I know I’m in the minority here but as said previously anything above £8 million I’d accept and drive him there myself. I justify the, some would say, relatively small fee due to the fact the boy can’t defend and as a defender that should be first and foremost in your mind. He’s been responsible for at least 2 goals this season already CL qualifier and the international against Ireland.

15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I reckon whoever buys him there’s a good chance they will move him back to his natural position as a DM.

16. Big C

Sorry mate but he’ll never be that. Never mobile enough, not sharp enough, can’t read the game at the level required. He’ll just be an average CB who has quickly gone from promising to poor and unreliable. Although I have to admit, he’s developed the knack of blaming others for his errors at a young age.

17. Foley1888

Ajer’s appeal to clubs comes with this greater emphasis for every CB to be comfortable on the ball and able to start attacks from the back or step out from defence.

It is why the likes of John Stones was bought for so much money, Eric Garcia is in high demand, Rudiger at Chelsea, David Luiz has had so many big moves despite his tendency to bombscare, most of the CB Barca sign these days and a lot of the ones that come from Portuguese football with big price tags. Often despite most of them not actually being that good at defending.

Goalkeeping was going the same way as well, more interested in passing than actually being able to make saves.

I can see us getting £15m minimum for Ajer potentially in a deal that with add ons takes us closer to the £20m.

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I can’t, for the life of me, understand your thinking at all.

Fair enough if you don’t rate him, but saying you’d happily take less than the going rate is nonsensical. Wolves just spent £35m on an 18 year old with about a dozen senior games under his belt.

£8m for an established international player, who is a first team player for Celtic, and has been for a number of years now. That’s a pittance.

May as well sell Eddy for £20m while we’re at it.

Celtic_Daft1888 likes this.
  19. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think we could demand 20 if he wasnt actively wanting to go, but I think 15 + a healthy sell on fee of, say, 20%, could be a good deal.

Need to try and replace him like for like, I dont know what qualities the boy Neilsson from Copenhagen would bring, but he looked good against us and is young, would like to test the waters there.

20. Big C

You can’t compare him and his value to Eddy. Of the 2 if there was a poll, between Jullien and him, Jullien would come out way ahead of him.....we paid £7 million. I’m not saying I wouldn’t take £15 million but for someone who has regressed so much I’d take anything from £8 million upwards.