1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kristoffer Ajer

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Jan 5, 2016.

Discuss Kristoffer Ajer in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Ajer is a much better footballer than Boyata, but I agree that the latter is a better defender. Both are prone to mistakes, but Boyata was brilliant in the air, in both boxes, and was more physical than Ajer.

2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Ovb you only watched the highlights then ajer is a ticking time bomb now I literally watched him struggle to put pressure and win ball off Hamilton forward scott brown a guy a who’s smaller run in and do with ease what ajer should have been capable of doing and that defend .... for me it’s a psychological thing he’s not up for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Bhoy likes this.
  3. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He’s fantastic on the ball (which is a huge bonus domestically) but he struggled defensively yesterday and that’s a huge concern considering opposition. He looks so hesitant when attacking the ball in the air and lacks that aggressive “I’m wiping everything out and winning that ball” type attitude that would do him the world of good.

At the very least he needs more competition to hopefully force him to kick on.

4. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    This was the exact point Id seen enough after watching that haha! All game he lost out in the air to their two. I think accies will do well this season with them 2 up front, but Ajer should never be being beat physically or aerially for his size

littlekennie likes this.
  5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Annoying thing is his first season properly at cb was Gerards first season as ranger manager I remember him be so much better than hendry and winning the aerial challenges with bendtner of Rosenberg I remember him put his body on the line and cutting his head I remember his last ditch tackles to stop rangers scoring late on and him roaring with pride ..... The last 2 seasons since then he has went backwards

6. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Completely agree. He’s been nowhere near as commanding since he damaged his eye socket against Livingston towards the end of 2018 and as his performance levels have dropped, his confidence seems to have too.

7. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Needs mare coaching.
    Actually think he is getting found out, if I was opposition manager, I would be targeting him bigtime, especially with crosses/corners.
    Surely our coaching staff are picking up on his aerial weakness???

The_Bhoy likes this.
  8. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I totally agree that teams will start trying to exploit him. If I was coaching against Celtic, a block would be getting set on Jullien at every set piece to take him out the equation.

The thing is though, when a high ball comes forward or even a crossed ball, Ajer’s starting position and body shape are actually pretty good. He then just doesn’t attack the ball... :31:

Dan Breen likes this.
  9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Well that’s what wee seen last season against Aberdeen they stuck big guy on julienne that season tried to rough him up Jullien coped with it fine of course ... but they ovb see him as main one to block off as ajer isn’t getting physical .....giving away the pen in cl qualifying has shot his confidence I think that’s when I first seen a slip in his form

10. Foley1888

Given it is likely we will sell someone this year, I wouldn’t be against it being Ajer if we were getting £20m+ for him.

He is a good footballer but does struggle with the physical side. He has the prospect to get better but If he won’t sign a new deal and a bid in the region of £20m came in we won’t make anymore than that on him.

What is imperative is that we are actively scouting for CB options at present as we need one in anyway but if Ajer went we would need two.

Dan Breen likes this.
  11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I like the big man but his form for some time has went way downhill.

No competition doesn't help.

This is the area of the team that has me worried, most definetely in Europe and not as much but still even domestically.

King of Kings likes this.
  12. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    We need to sign another centre half after losing jozo anyway but I'd play elhamed before ajer at center half until we buy a proper centre half. I'd use ajer as full back to rest frimong at times I still think of his performance against the Huns at Celtic park when we lost last year. He was at fault for both goals and the 1st goal against Lazio at Celtic park when he should have followed the guy who scored, he's * in the air and goes to ground too easy and leaves us exposed. Either cover for brown or frimong bcoz he's no centre half.

littlekennie likes this.
  13. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Frimong is some pler.

14. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    But I'd still rest him from time to time and ajer can play full back.

15. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Nah I’d rest Frimong and play Frimpong defo.

bagforlife and The_Bhoy like this.
  16. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    See if im Taylor id be * off at Ajer.

Times ive seen Taylor in yards of space and Ajer ignores him.

Like he doesnt trust him enough with the ball

17. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Just saw somebody comparing Boyata with Ajer above.....dear goodness

Dan Breen likes this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC’S dominant win on Flag Day was exactly the kind of performance Kristoffer Ajer promised from the champions. With the season now underway, Ajer is excited for fans to see how much more there is to come from himself and the rest of the Hoops squad.

The prolonged period without competitive football did not disrupt the impressive football Celtic were playing before the end of last season as Neil Lennon's side dismantled Hamilton 5-1 at Paradise on Sunday (August 2).

Ajer said the Hoops were determined to start the 20/21 season in style and credited the squad for working hard during pre-season to ensure they started the new campaign in the best possible shape.

"Everyone has been really excited to get going again after such a long break," said Ajer in an exclusive interview with the Celtic View. "To finally be back playing is a good feeling and the whole squad is excited to show what we can do.

"We've been eager to put on a performance after all the hard work during pre-season. When you look around the full squad, everyone looks really sharp in training and we're excited to show that in the games.

"We know we have to be at our best from the first game of the season. The fans expect us to win every game and we are hungry to win every game. That is never easy so we have to work hard in training to make sure we can live up to the expectations when we go out onto the pitch. We all love that kind of pressure and we've missed it, but that time away from football has only made us hungrier for more success.”

As impressive as Celtic football was last season, Ajer maintained there was more to come from himself and the rest of the team as they continued to map out their development.

"I did a lot of strength work during the summer so I feel I've developed that side of my game," said the Norwegian international. "I was lucky enough to be back home in Norway without a complete lockdown so I was able to do a lot of training with the ball and some work with my friends while adhering to the health advice. It was a good period of hard training and hopefully, it pays off now that we're back playing football again.

"On an individual level I feel I've been improving but the team as a whole has improved too. The gaffer has made it clear how he wants us to play and we're well drilled in the different tactics that he wants us to use. The more we work together the stronger we are as a team. This pre-season and the games have helped us improve and it's set us up well for the season."

19. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'll tell the jokes big man

20. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

"On an individual level I feel I've been improving"

Dae ye aye! :lol::thumbsdow

littlekennie and Dan Breen like this.