1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kristoffer Ajer

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Jan 5, 2016.

Discuss Kristoffer Ajer in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Man In Black Gold Member Gold Member

If IK are hard up for money I'd imagine that Peter Lawell will try and pay to remove the buyout clause, offer them a guaranteed amount now that'll keep the club afloat instead of waiting for a bigger amount that might not come for another 12 months

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    :56::56::56:

3. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    you have no idea how much you will get for Ajer so you've just to give them less? I don't think he will pay to remove it seems pointless

4. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Sounds like a good idea.

5. apevrak

For us, yes. For Start, not so much. They know we need to sell him this window or in January if he don't sign a contract this summer.

6. JamesM09

* that. Demand they cut their percent of the clause to 2% or we won't sell him at all.

Starve the * out.

You don't mess with Pistol Pete.

7. Jeremie Frimpong

I would be disappointed if we tried to * over a club who had dealt with us in good faith.

The_Bhoy, bobs1974, Dan Breen and 3 others like this.
  8. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I'd rather get a decent youth player for cheap

9. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    I'd rather keep it as it is seems like a pointless thing to say we sell him they get potentially 10% don't see the big deal on it yet a few are making it that. maybe Lyon should just pay us a smaller amount on the Dembele sell on

10. Foley1888

Totally agree here we have benefited from this clause in the VVD deal by approx £6-7M, Forster we might benefit if we sign him back at some point, Hickey likewise. Dembele is another that we are expecting to make extra money from, Tierney possibly as well in the future and I would imagine any big player sales like Ajer, Ntcham, or Eddy in the future we would likely be looking to do the same.

It is only fair that a smaller club who has done this with us gets what they are due from any deal especially if Ajer goes for £20m, they get ~£2m and we still make a >£17m profit on him.

11. The Man In Black Gold Member Gold Member

The difference is that IK are having financial difficulties and we're not. It happened with Spurs and Southampton over Bale sell on clause. Southampton were struggling and got a small amount of money plus a GK. A year or two later Bale went for a huge amount. I'm not saying Ajer will go for that sort of money but depending on the fee we could save ourselves a couple of million

12. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I would not put much faith in fait

13. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    but that's unfiar on start to lose out on more money when we don't know how much we will get for Ajer so your doing a club with Financial Difficulties out of more finance potentially

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The option to buy out a sell on clause isn't unheard of, but I doubt many clubs would go for it unless they're desperate. They'll end up with a better fee when the player is sold, usually.

15. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I love Ajer, I think he's got a special talent that's going to waste, that run up the field he does, so many times other players aren't reading it and it's so obvious, ok maybe not for the opposition but for us watching, we see it every week.

He's no Bale but he's got a * load of potential to be a game changer in defence and attack. We should be a team with Buy Out Clauses because we offer so much, we can't let our best go undervalued.

16. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Better move this to ex players lads, Hoopsman Brian says we’ve rejected €13m for him from Milan. #ITK

MickeyyMack likes this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

AC MILAN have targeted Kristoffer Ajer as part of a £75million summer signing spree.

The Italians this week appointed Ralf Rangnick as their new boss ahead of next season.

Milan will hand the German a huge transfer budget and Celtic stopper Ajer is high on his wishlist.

The Serie A side are long-term admirers of the Norway defender and are weighing up a bid.

Reports in Italy claimed San Siro chiefs have already made contact with his agents.

Ajer, 22, binned adviser Tore Pedersen last month and signed up with top Dutch company SEG.

Ex-Celtic star Vidar Riseth insists Milan spies had watched his fellow Norwegian in action for the Hoops “many times”.

He said: “I know they are really interested. Kris is the type of player they want.”

Ajer still has two years left on his current deal and Celts are in no rush to sell him.

Milan would likely need to bid around £20m for the Hoops to even consider cashing in.

But Rangnick has been promised funds of £75m to transform his squad and restore the club to past glories.

RB Leipzig defender Dayot Upamecano is on his radar, but could cost in excess of £40m.

Ajer’s high on Rangnick’s list of targets and the new Milan boss knows all about the Celtic star’s talent.

He raved about the standard of the Hoops’ squad before RB’s Europa League clashes in 2018.

Ajer joined Celts in 2016 from Norwegian minnows IK Start for just £650,000, after being lured by Ronny Deila.

Following a loan spell at Kilmarnock he blossomed under Brendan Rodgers.

Ajer has been a mainstay under Neil Lennon, and formed a solid partnership last season with Christopher Jullien.

tarboltontim likes this.
  19. Jeremie Frimpong

:giggle1:

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Everyone has a bad day.

Even kings like Brian