1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kristoffer Ajer

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Jan 5, 2016.

Discuss Kristoffer Ajer in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Not In brendans eyes and that’s great for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. StevieBhoooy!

Real Madrid, Man City ... now Bbc muttering about AC Milan ... is this just another media campaign to unsettle our defence? A young player would get twitchy at the thought of playing with Hazard or Zlatman...

Hopefully our management are as committed to keeping players as they say and that Ajer sees the sense in staying for the 10.

3. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    He's not at level required for the teams mentioned....he needs a couple more years to gain more experience and consistency he's better staying

Lilac Wine likes this.
  4. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I reckon his agent is pimping him out

5. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye he was mouthing off a couple of months ago about Ajer not signing another deal with us and how he'd e away this summer. Sad truth is if a player and agent want a move then we either let it happen or run his contract down and lose him for nothing. It's * but that's where we are by looks of it.

Dan Breen likes this.
  6. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Ajer is criminally underrated by a lot on here. Don't underestimate the importance of his ability to bring the ball out from the back. He's only just gone 22!

greengrocer, The_Bhoy and Dublin Celt like this.
  7. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    While i agree he's a talent and a great ball playing centre half I get the impression he wants to move this summer, if he wants to go its about maximising the transfer fee.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

The_Bhoy and Slaw like this.
  8. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    He probably isn’t but I can see the bigger teams taking punts on cheaper options like Ajer/Edouard this season. Man City been linked with Koulibally and he’ll cost them £70m. Obviously, he’s much better than Ajer but you can see them potentially wanting to maybe try out these players while they may struggle to get finances in shape for more established players. Like, Man Utd for example. They must be looking at the potential Moussa Dembele purchase, £65m quoted price and thinking, we could have got him for less than a 3rd of that price if they bought him straight from us and let’s be honest, he absolutely would have improved them upfront.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Don’t think he is. People can just clearly see his weaknesses as they are glaring, as are his strengths.

What some underestimate is his potential.

The_Bhoy, Dan Breen and Slaw like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Atletico Madrid are one of the teams interested in signing Celtic defender Kristoffer Ajer, Football Espana can reveal.

The Norwegian has been heavily linked with moves away from Celtic Park as he enters the two years of his contract, with Atletico’s city rivals Real Madrid on the list of teams keeping an eye on him, according to Mundo Deportivo. The Sun then quoted his agent telling the world that his client “not extend his contract and will leave this summer”, attempting to push the Scottish Champions towards a sale.

Atletico have spent heavily in recent windows, and their focus remains on bringing more goals into the team, but their scouts have been impressed by the dominant style of Ajer, whose 1.97m frame and assured presence on the ball makes him capable of stepping up to a bigger league. What’s more, he will be available for a coronavirus-friendly price as he gets closer to the end of his deal in 2022.

Crucially, any deal will be dependent on the Rojiblancos selling other players from their squad first. Central defenders Mario Hermoso and Felipe were signed last summer, and the latter gradually displaced Jose Gimenez as Diego Simeone’s preferred option alongside Stefan Savic at the back.

It is understood that the arrival of Ajer would be dependent on Gimenez departing, with Liverpool and Inter Milan both linked with the Uruguay international recently by AS in Spain.

Simeone wants to keep his valued former regular and let him fight for his place, but won’t stand in his way if he pushes for a move.

That would mean the younger duo of Ajer and Hermoso backing up the first choice pair, for now. Ajer’s ability to fill in in defensive midfield or at right back – where he featured 9 times for Celtic this season – should ensure enough minutes to keep all four content for the short term, with Savic and Felipe eventually moved on.

The coronavirus pandemic makes every club’s financial situation difficult to predict, and while Atletico will likely be spending even less than previously anticipated, Celtic will also be inclined to accept lower offers too.

If no club is willing to pay the fee €20m Celtic could ask for this summer, it may well be that Ajer stays in Scotland for another year, bringing him to the final 12 months of his current deal, when Celtic’s hand will really be forced.

Atletico’s well reported interest in Mohammed Salisu of Valladolid will also be a major factor in the Ajer situation, and his low release clause makes him a tempting bargain, even if he’s then loaned back to his current side for another year.

https://www.football-espana.net/202...n-interest-in-celtic-defender-kristoffer-ajer

11. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    His agent is doing a wonderful job

NomDePlum and charlietully like this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic star Kristoffer Ajer has parted company with the agent who claimed he would leave Parkhead this summer.

Deal-maker Tore Pedersen's contract with the Norwegian centre-back expired at the end of May.

Pedersen irked Hoops boss Neil Lennon in March by insisting the 2019/20 season would be Ajer's last in Scotland.

Ajer later distanced himself from the claim and has since chosen not to renew his relationship with Pedersen, who wouldn't be drawn on why.

The 22-year-old has been linked with several high-profile European clubs, including AC Milan. One Spanish newspaper even claimed Norwegian international team-mate Martin Odegaard had recommended him to Real Madrid.

But it seems his next move will be to find a new agent.

"My contract with Kris expired this May," Pedersen said to Norwegian media.

Why wasn't it renewed? Kris must answer about his choice, if he wants to.

Did I want to renew? Yes of course. Kris is a brilliant guy, and a very good central defender.

"I have followed his career since he was 15 years old. I wish him all the best in the future."

Ajer appeared to pay no heed to the stir caused by Pedersen's previous comments, insisting he was focused only on Celtic.

He said in April: “I have two years left of the contract and do not focus on my future at all. What the media writes, I don’t focus on it.”

greengrocer and Peej like this.
  13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Good!
    Never wanted him to leave and think more to come from him.

A lot on here and in the media have assumed he wanted out, however I think this shows A LOT now.
    The agent always gets a cut of a transfer, Ajer will have been a big transfer fee and a big cut to an agent. No surprise he tried to shift his player on when he could for that pay cut.
    Ajer not renewing that deal and his own words about 2 more years and not looking elsewhere speaks volumes.

I think it is still a chance he could move on, as could anyone this window, but now it must surely be one we can somewhat be less concerned with leaving.

14. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

If he does move on for big money that agent will be gutted, will lose put on a fortune :56:* him!

Peej likes this.
  15. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Given the amount of selling stories all over in the papers and now this with Ajer getting rid of his agent as soon as he was able to speaks volumes for sure about what was really going on and clearly it was not all to Ajer's liking which is great news. I am on record as being a fan of Ajer and think there is a lot to come from him. Ideally I would rather he stayed and this certainly looks like positive news in that regard.

Peej likes this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    If he's ditched his agent because he wants to stay or sign a new deal, my respect will go right up for him..

Was having a discussion the other day about and we both agreed he's been poorer this season but is still a very good player..

We'll see what happens but if he stays and can get focused, simplifying his game...he's an asset..

What was that again?

17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Drumming up interest in him. Hes been linked with Milan, Athletico and Real Madrid

18. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Good move by him, agent was obviously trying to push a move to make himself money. Ajer seems a very levelheaded guy and I’m sure Lenny would of had words with him about his agent.

Give him and Eddy new contracts with big clauses.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The Atletico link has only just came out today and he's already * his agent off..

20. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    He can be a great defender....just really needs to cool his jets. Constantly dives in when its unnecessary, albeit cant argue that he wins helluva lot of slide tackles and blocks.
    But needs to learn from his mistakes.

Another thing you cant argue with is his passion.

Rydo1888* and Gyp Rosetti like this.