1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kristoffer Ajer

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Jan 5, 2016.

Discuss Kristoffer Ajer in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    If he was a horse he would be dug food by now.

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I wouldn't have Ajer in the key player section for us. Forster, McGregor, Broony, Eddie are the 4 that stick out, in terms of players that I'd be concerned about us not replacing like-for-like, if we lost them.

Ajer on the other hand, if he goes for some of the fees we see quoted £10-15m, I'd be amazed if Lennon couldn't find an upgrade on half of that.

@McGuire summed it up really.

He's probably been the biggest disappointment in the squad for us this season. An absolute liability at times.

jake10, _DannyBhoy_ and McChiellini.. like this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's probably (arguably) been our weakest link consistently this season..

Would be an interesting seperate thread but if we were to lose 2 first team player's this season I wouldn't be overly sick if it was Ajer and Ntcham (most likely to be off)..

There is no way in the world where we'd sell more than that in a single window. Would mean Eddy and McGregor would be staying in my opinion..

Hammy89 and Seán Mac D like this.
  4. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Agree with just about everything that's been said regarding Ajer....he is very good at coming out with the ball,we would miss that part of his game without a doubt.

Dan Breen likes this.
  5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, those are definitely 2 of the sellable assets that I wouldn't be too upset if they left. Infact I'd be hoping for us to sign a starting left CB, even if Ajer stayed.

If we retained the rest of the squad and gave Lennon £20m from those sales to bring in replacements I'd be delighted.

Totally crass of the agent to come out with that, with still over 2 months of the season left though.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We'd easily get over 20 mill combined for him and Ntcham..

Leciester under the snake will probably want him. Southampton as usual :fear:...amongst other's...

Aye we deffo need a left sided centre back..

We're deffo gonna need a mini rebuild. No as much as I thought we needed last summer mind..

The agent is a *. Bizzare timing with 2 year's to go makes me think that Ajer and him have lined something up or he's made it known he wants away this summer..

Hammy89 and Seán Mac D like this.
  7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Like ajer, rather he stayed, but if he is to move on them fair enough. Never was to be a long term player for us.

Don't get the negativity on him, he's struggled as a player this year because we have * all else to give the lad a game off and to protect him from bad run of form during his younger years. We are running him in to the ground by playing him through bad spells.

We needed two bs last summer, we got one.

Arguably we know jozo isn't up to it, so we still now need two fresh ones to play with ajer and jullien, so if one of these two leaves we need three new CBS. (With jozo out the picture as well).

Not counting a keeper or a left back, it's yet again another summer of a massive backline reshuffle.

Got to sort it out, ajer or not.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

8. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    If you were happy at the club and your agent came out with something like that, you'd give him a bollocking or you'd switch agents.

I understand you're trying to get the best deal for your client but there's a way of doing it when your client is happy at his current club.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  9. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I said a few weeks ago that he was gonna look for the move even ahead of edoaurd or ntcham this summer. Ajer likes mammy behaviour from his manager and he's not gonna get that from lennon. We seen ajer character, blamingvtayloe for a pass v Copenhagen and sitting on the deck in injury time in the cup. I'm happy to sell him on two conditions it's +15mill and we identify a relatively young replacement who is able to come in immediately

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

10. northeast67

Whats happened to the Ajer who celebrated a tackle, hes definitely changed and became a bit quiter, possibly being outshines by CJ.. if hes not committed sell but I've a feeling he would want to be part of 10 n a row?
    Mainstay in the team and now with the National side, at his age he needs to realise hes landed on his feet, Celtic him helped him big time.

11. david100825

I still maintain we need better than him, he’s fine for a back three and third choice centre back but we need someone better to partner Jullien.

12. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    We should be getting top dollar for Ajer if he goes. He's been disappointing recently but he's impressed in the past, he's clearly got talent, and he's still young.

We should be demanding at least 15M for him, 20M if it's that * Rodgers. The money has to be reinvested in an energetic, tough-tackling CB to partner Jullien.

13. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    His defensive contribution would not be difficult to replace and with his 'potential' we could realistically do it at a profit.

Just wish the agent would * up to keep our hand as strong as possible.

14. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Punt him if he’s refusing a new contract, he’s definitely not the finished article and with the money we’d get we’d easily find another Jillian

15. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yes, need to make sure replacement can come in and hit the ground running.
    He is certainly far from finished deal but does have potential, far too weak in the air for a center half.
    Must say, I do like the way he carries the ball out from the back.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  16. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I'd argue that Forster, Julien, Ajer, Brown, McGregor, Forrest and Edouard are key players (and maybe Christie). personally. When fit, they always play the big games.

I'd agree that around £15m would be good money for Ajer, and more than enough to find a good replacement. So I'm not saying don't sell, but what I am saying is it's not really ideal for us to sell, so it needs to be a good offer.

As for the part in bold, I completely disagree. There's definitely a case to be made that he hasn't progress as much as we'd hoped this season, and that there are definite improvements needed to his game both in terms of basic defending and his general attitude towards it - but saying he's been an absolute liability at times is nonsense.

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

For me the characteristic of a key player, is that you'd struggle badly if you lost them. Eddie, McGregor, Broony and Forster, I'm not convinced we could replace like-for-like. Forrest and Christie you could make arguments for.

Ajer, I just don't see as a key player at all, he may play in big games for us but that's down to a lack of options. I would say a vast majority of Celtic fans would want us to strengthen at CB even if he did stay. I would be disappointed if we couldn't get an upgrade on him in the summer.

It really isn't nonsense at all. He has made as many blunders this season as Boyata did hasn't come under anywhere near the criticism.

I did a list off the top of my head a few pages back:

Add in being done by Cosgrove at the back post in December also.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    Dan Breen likes this.
  18. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    I want to spew everytime he does that big mad slide tackle. Would rather he stayed and got better obviously but if he wants to go....cheerio. not the worst we have had but certainly nowhere near the best.

19. gazb1888

Be playing in the Norwegian league in 2 years no doubt.. no loss :58:

20. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Had high hopes for him last summer, lots of folk talking about captain material.
    A bit like BR, had a few of us conned.
    Lenny may bench him after huns game, now that ElHam is fit, no point in playing him if he wont be here next season, just run with Bitton CJ and ElHam.

RiquelmeCSC and gazb1888 like this.