1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kris Commons

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by z1c0, Apr 28, 2014.

Discuss Kris Commons in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TuffGong

Fav Celtic Player:
    leslie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    big leslie sticks da ball in da netty
    They canny slag Sammy anymore so they need someone!

2. shaunm

"unfit,overweight,cant pass,cant run,cant beat a man".Sounds like Big Bad John Hartson would have a player of his calibre in the team in a heart beat.Commons should be playing every week

3. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    You'll be thinking of either the Kilmarnock game in March or the Hearts game in the Scottish Cup where he got hat-tricks in both games.

If he was the worst player in the park yet still managed to get a hat-trick then I wish all our players were this bad :smiley-laughing002:

True.

The only real complaint I have about Commons is sometimes his choice on whether to pass or shoot. I think he has a tendency to go for glory sometimes instead of passing to someone who may be in a better position.

I just hope we start to see more of him this season.

4. murphy88

Kilamrnock away.

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    That was a strange game, only time I've ever saw a performance like that was Naka against Dundee United, scored a hat trick, was probably his worst all round gane for Celtic by his play alone :56:

6. murphy88

There was quite a few games last season where I didn't think he was having a good game, but then he would come up with a goal. Karagandy at home was another. I would honestly be surprised if he was still a Celtic player come the end of January.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I hope he is, there's a long, long list of players to get rid of before him.

I thought he was excellent against Karagandy for what it's worth, I can remember thinking anything we get is going to be through him. I hope he signs a contract, he's consistently been worth goals on the pitch and he's an example to everyone at the club in what a Celtic player should act like off of it.

8. murphy88

I agree with all of that except the Karagandy point of course. The main reason I think he will be away, is because Commons will be wanting to play week in week out, and right now, I don't see that happening with us. He has been a fantastic signing for us, no question about it, but I've got a feeling he will end up teaming up with the man who brought him to the club. It's crazy how quickly things can change in football, because at this point last season, if someone had said about Commons being sold, they would have been laughed at. Now though, I wouldn't really be all that fussed.

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Right now maybe you're right but I've also no doubt he is good enough to force himself back into the team, competition for places is a good thing, especially when the players fighting for a place are both players of a high standard.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I was going daft for him to be subbed at half time that night, comes out second half and scores the 3 and wins me my minus 2 coupon :56::52:

That's the thing, good players can pull a bit of magic out the bag with a wonderstrike or move and dig us outta whole, he did it in loadsa games last year..
    He doesn't suit ronny and his style we're playing, that is obvious and johansen has nailed that spot for me..
    However i'd still like a player of commons calibre to be a squad player for us if he can't break in. Sadly i don't think he'll settle for that and even when he's been getting little game time,.he's been playing like a man who knows it's curtains..

What i find saddest of all is the stick he's getting on here from those saying he's a dud, they never rated him etc. Madness, one of lennys best bargains..

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Definitely one of our best signings in the last decade anyway. £300k paid 8 times that for Balde * sake.

12. Nowhereman

Still in denial about his downfall as I feel in love with him the second his second touch for us went in the back of the net.

*, I know his time here is most likely used up :54:

13. TheHappyLoss

:50: Sad to see it ending for him at Celtic like this. Been a great servant and ambassador for the club

14. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Has been an absolutely brilliant servant but he is 100% done.

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Is he * 100% done, he's just coming back from injury, scored another gosl for us tonight and cracked a free kick off the bar to help the second. He also closed absolutely everybody down before tiring at the end.

100% done my *, if you don't want somebody who can put in game winning performances in the swuad fair enough but "done" nah, not in the slightest.

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Is he * 100% done, he's just coming back from injury, scored another gosl for us tonight and cracked a free kick off the bar to help the second. He also closed absolutely everybody down before tiring at the end.

100% done my *, if you don't want somebody who can put in game winning performances in the swuad fair enough but "done" nah, not in the slightest.

17. VikingBhoy

He's really good in the final third, but awful in the middle. We need a complete midfielder in that role and Johansen is perfect for it.

18. murphy88

Tonight for me, just makes me feel even more that he doesn't fit into the system. You could see the difference when defending that we were a man short in the middle, and when Johansen plays the same role, it's not evident, as his energy gets him back. I'll be honest, and I'm not caring what anyone says, but Commons just does not work in Deila's formation.

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Do you not think that the lack of Scott Brown was a major part of that? I'd still have him on the right over McGregor.

20. Tulf

I'm not sure what I would do with Commons, the way we are trying to play, Johansen fits in that position far better, Commons doesn't have the pace or energy to charge around the pitch like Johansen does either.

There's no denying that he has moments of brilliance, and can make something from nothing at times, but he just doesn't do the job Johansen does.