1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ko Itakura

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by AussieGreek, Jun 28, 2021.

Discuss Ko Itakura in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Also, I doubt Ange wouldn’t have wanted this guy. For me, he didn’t seem imposing enough, so maybe, but on the other hand, Ange’s priorities for CBs seem to be ball-playing ability and positional sense, so you’d think he’d be all over Itakura, especially when he has a countryman here already. Could’ve helped each other settle and potentially added to squad chemistry.

NakamuraTastic and McChiellini.. like this.
  2. Damnati

Not sure what you mean?

The way the report is worded I would've assumed it's a loan fee now with an obligation to buy later. I understand that he will be out of contract by the end of the loan.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  3. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    They’ll also be paying a hefty loan fee, pushing the price to near 6-7 million. I also feel this was more speculation than actual truth, fact that Ange had managed in Japan, the players Japanese and he was loaned out last season so could be available again this year. Typical lazy journalism.

craigtheceltic and Damnati like this.
  4. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Although I would of taken him in a heartbeat, I think full backs and a striker are a priority first. Especially since there would be a big loan fee and a decent wage with this guy.

There will be plenty more options that will come along.

76mark likes this.
  5. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    He is out of contract, why would they agree to something like that when he is out of contract at the end of the season?

They could just get him for free instead.

6. Damnati

Well then they don't get him this season?

Liam Scales likes this.
  7. bhoy81

Then they don’t get him then, wait till he is free.

8. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    It does seem nuts, but maybe City offer them a % of any transfer as an incentive to sign another year. Or they are on wages they are unlikely to get anywhere else. * Paddy signed an extension when it seemed a terrible career move for him, so there must be reasons for it.

9. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Risk losing out to another team...

10. Damnati

Well aye that's an option. Maybe that's what we were doing. But they want him now and the deal is structured to suit Man City I guess.

11. bhoy81

Maybe they are desperate for him and will agree to something so daft.

12. Damnati

They're effectively just signing him for a sum of money like most transfers. Wish we would do it more often :56:

13. bhoy81

In saying that, they are being forced into it ha ha

imagine he is * in his loan period and then they have to buy him at the end of the season

Damnati likes this.
  14. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    It’s just accounting lads. City are just pushing money around on the books to help with FPP rules. If this year is sorted then start on next year.

Schalke probably rate him highly and think he can take them back to the Bundesliga and at worst flip him on after they buy him.

Everyone is a winner.

Damnati, Hammy89 and Noskeil like this.
  15. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Still gutted that we've missed out on him. I was really wanting him even though I know very little about him.

Damnati likes this.
  16. Belgian_lad

Might be back on the market again. Schalke dint have the finances to pay the buy-out fee of 5,5mil Euro. Loanees such as Kabak and Serdar probably will return to Schalke. Which will levae the club with less financial leanway. 15/6 is the latest for Schalke to get the buy-out clause.

he was very much instrumental in Schalke’s push for promotion. Even played CDM at the end of the season. In those games he was nothing short of impressive. Defo one player we should keep our eyes on if he comes back on the market!

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ko Itakura could be a viable Celtic transfer option once more.

The Manchester City youngster was linked with a switch to Parkhead last summer, but subsequently joined Schalke 04 on loan instead.

The defender helped Die Konigsblauen secure the Bundesliga 2 title, earning them a return to the German top flight.

Itakura said in February that he was keen to stay at the club long-term, and it seemed that a permanent move would be tied up this summer.

His City contract includes a £4.5million release clause, although Sky Sports Germany report that Schalke are swithering over shelling out the required fee.

That could reignite the Hoops interest, but they are likely to face competition from other German clubs and around Europe.

Itakura can also operate as a defensive midfielder, which could tempt Celtic with Nir Bitton set to move on

18. JamesM09

I think this would be a good signing but if he's rejected us already, especially for Bundesliga 2, then I don't see why he would come now or why we would go in again. I don't know how I feel about going for players that didn't want to be here in the first place.

I suppose we're in a good position now and have UCL football to look forward to, but he might be one of those people set on playing in Germany and having just won promotion I would imagine he wouldn't want to walk away now.

I'd consider going in with an aggressive bid of £4.5m - £5m to hopefully price Schalke out of the move.

AussieGreek and Damnati like this.
  19. Mike B MikeyBhoyy

I dont think we actually moved for him if I remember correctly. Did city not want a hefty loan fee on top of the option to buy price?

20. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    CB and defensive mid cover. Played between both with schalke

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk