1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Kilmarnock v Celtic, Scottish Premiership, KO 7:45PM, Tue 2 Feb, Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by TheWolf, Jan 31, 2021.

Discuss Kilmarnock v Celtic, Scottish Premiership, KO 7:45PM, Tue 2 Feb, Sky Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Well said! And with ever corner or cross coming in Bain was running around like a confused dog hunting his tail. At least there Barkas showed to be clearly better than Bain. His distribution is better too. He's not a world beater but he should be our number 1. As there's anyway nothing left to play for, that way we at least find out if he can actually find his AEL form with us.

2. COYBIG87

I hope you're kidding.

3. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Saying Brown intentionally swung an arm at Killie player. McFadden trying to put him right, but he's just showing his colours again.

4. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    wow a good performance, why cant we play like that every week.
    Bain actually made saves and kept a clean sheet, its incredible lol
    still a disaster when any high ball comes into our box though, Killie had better shooting boots tonight that could have been a nervy game and thats incredible to say when you score 4 goals.

suppose it will do for now. just keep winning now and get this gap down to singe digits so its more respectable.

5. besty7

Fav Celtic Player:
    johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    what on earth he's doing with those near post efforts, sent two out for corners at the other side .Always looks like he's going to come for a cross ,when really he has no intention

6. Maddie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bobby Petta... he was shite now he's betta
    That's what you call impossible this season... but I live in hope.

I just feel pretty flat even after the result, so much going on and so few positives.

7. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

That boyd is a dirty bitter hun *

8. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Lenny here for another season

9. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Please get that * fat hun * Boyd off our matches. Why the * is he passing comment on Celtic matches the guy is a bitter, vindictive, biased fat *. When we get our fans back in the stadiums we need to give it a very loud rendition of 'Kris Boyd you're a *, you're a *' every time he appears at our matches doing punditry. If that is belted out into living rooms across the land every time that * appears it may make SkySports think twice about having him at our games.

bobs1974, fanakatic, Morcombe and 2 others like this.
  10. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Nice to have a comfortable win for a change even if it doesn't mean much.

Rydo1888*, Sgt Neppers* and packybhoy like this.
  11. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    It's obvious the team could play better with new inputs from the coaching team. Was obviously in the autumn but our club didn't want to induce that, hence, why we still have the same muppets coaching and we're 20 points behind.

12. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

neither of them seem to want to dive for me they look like * statues in goal

now i dont know how much thats to do with our defence being chronicallly bad all season but it wouldnt suprise me if that definately has something to do with it, goalies not sure what the defenders are going to do or where to set themselves up#

its obvious as * our coaching is hoaching

and watching broonie tonight hes the heart of our team when hes on it (and to an extent kilmarnock allowed him by not pressing him/us) hes gets us looking like a team and players that care and want to try

Gabriel likes this.
  13. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Positives-

Kenny,- Solid display.A fair few deliveries from good areas, from the near the byline so Killie had to defend facing their own goal

Welsh- Another good outing. Deserves to stay in the team.

Ajer- Makes the difference stepping out from defence when * play every * behind the baw.

Turnbull- A real creative force in the side.

And finally, Killie and that plastic pitch have a chance of getting relegated if they don't sort out a manager soon.

14. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    you know for a fact if we had lost you would have said it was all Lennons fault, please dont even try to deny that. So what you're saying is when we win its down to the players, if we lose it all the managers fault. For the record Lennon will have to go but FFS get a grip of yourself.

15. WhitleyCelt

It’s just nice to see the Celtic that we are used to turn up for 90 minutes, even if it is a rare occasion. Pleased Ajeti got a goal, we paid top dollar for him, he needs to be playing to score goals.

Morcombe likes this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yup, that is exactly what I am saying.

We have not beaten a decent side all season - Lille in the last game is debatable.
    17 league games since start of October, only 6 wins, all against the bottom half teams.
    When we are Celtic with the calibre of players we have, combined with how * poor we know the manager is, yeah I am going to openly say the bare basic ability of our players is seeing us over the line 6 times in those last 17 league games against the worst half of our * poor league.

Forgive me for not fawning over the guy and giving Lennon credit, when he has shown nothing to be worthy of credit all season.

Again, well done the players, good result on paper and happy to see the clean sheet and some players invoved. But that is about the limits of it when we are only able to beat the bottom 6 teams.

Morcombe likes this.
  17. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Thought Kenny, Broony, Turnbull, Ajer and Welsh played well. Eddy got a couple but was frustrating as * with his fannying about with ball when he could have got a shot away, Bain is not a keeper, full stop and Christie doesn't really do anything. Taylor gives his all but he's an average player, It was good to see Ajeti getting on the scoresheet and maybe there is a player there. Hopefully we can kick on from here

18. ddub11

No more than what we should expect tonight.We done what was required against a poor side and no more.

I thought our performance was as much down to poor opposition as it was us playing well so i really think its only a small improvement.

Bain was rubbish in goal and despite a decent performance i still think brown should be only used as a sub at this stage.

On a positive note it was good to see Ajeti get on the score board and the clean sheet,but tbh the opposition were * tonight and i wouldnt pay to much to anything we saw tonight.

We have been so bad this season we are bound to put in a decent performance every so often(giving the opposition is *)and to me it means nothing,lennon has made balls of things and we are mess.

Sgt Neppers* and Peej like this.
  19. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

First game I've ever deliberately not watched.

Nice to see they won. Might make some toast to celebrate.

20. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    haha you're actually having a go at others for subjecting a person to a witch hunt, you had started your wee witch hunt against Lennon before he barely stepped foot in the door. Oh how you squirmed as he contributed to a Quadruple Treble and a Treble all of his own while becoming the first man Scottish Football history to win the Treble both as a player and a manager. You're reaction to Celtic managed by Neil Lennon beating Lazio home and away last season was priceless.