1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Killie Game

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by PaulMcT1888, Dec 19, 2010.

Discuss Killie Game in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulMcT1888

Presuming the game won't be postponed I want to see a decent turnout. I know that it's midweek, xmas, cold and we've dropped 4 points from winning positions in the last two home games... but this is when our team and our club need us the most.

I'm sure we all know how easy it is to be a faithful supporter through the good times. I also know that it's not easy through the bad times and Tuesday's game isn't big and it's expected to be 30-40k, but that's what gets to me. The ICT game 3 weeks ago was scarcely atteneded and it was disappointing, both result and attendance.

My point is this - The true measure of our support is not through the good times, when the champagne is flowing but it is at times like this our team really needs us. I'm not saying bad performances should be rewarded by packed stadiums but we shouldn't pack the stadium because we're playing well and winning, we should pack the stadium every week because we SUPPORT this wonderful club from the cradle to the grave. Win, lose or draw. If you're not happy with the team, the manager or the club go to games and make your feelings heard don't stay away, it only has a negative effect on the everyone involved, especially the fans who consistently go and sit in a half empty stadium - it's demoralising.

In Martin O'Neill's era the stadium was packed every week because we one of the best teams in europe and our support was and is renouned as one of the best in the world. But to be frank our reputation is declining and this is due to the standard on the park. But, when our team is struggling that is when the stadium NEEDS to reasonalby full, not packed (in a mid-week winter game) as I keep saying but for a club of this stature and supporters of our standing it should always be 45k +.

With a busy fixture period coming up the team needs our backing. So get to the stadium on Tuesday night, regardless of the weather, and back the team we love because that's what faithful supporters do.

Hail Hail

Keep the Faith :shamrock:

2. kennydal

Official Match thread for all talk on this game.:50:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.