1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

1. The club accepted the bid. They could have rejected it. They wanted the move as much as Tierney.

2. You are insane if you think Brown or Forrest would have ever have rejected Arsenal, and even more insane if you think a team of Arsenal’s stature would ever want them.

martin_d likes this.
  2. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    1. He doesn't have to leave if he doesn't want to. He can reject their contract.

2. I didn't say Arsenal, or a club their size, came in for Forrest or Brown.

3. Am I insane? I never said I wasn't.

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  3. Lewis Kerr

No matter how much he loves celtic (he does), he clearly values his self development more. Which I don't see a problem with tbh. The fact is he will become a better player in the EPL. If you're a footballer and believe in your own ability you want to be playing in one of the top leagues against good sides week in week out. It was his decision to leave before "the ten" and its looking like a very smart * move. I don't blame him in hindsight, Kennedy and Lennon are hardly an inspirational pair.

Historically, great European nights at Celtic are unparalleled in terms of the feeling it provides players and supporters, the buzz, the atmosphere, the emotion. But if we're being honest those are few and far between nowadays.

Of course different players have different motivations, but For KT he put his love for Celtic aside to challenge himself and develop as a footballer and earn a * tonne of more money in the process. It's gutting aye, but we can't help the league we play in. If we were an EPL side I've no doubt he would be a one club man.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    martin_d and Spring Time like this.
  4. James Gold Member Gold Member

If he loved Celtic as much as he claimed he would be running around in a Celtic top never mind Celtic shin pads all that stuff is cringy as *

5. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Also I completely disagree with this romantic notion of staying for 10 and he would have got a better move.

If he stayed then he would continue to be suffering aspects of his long term injury due to being overworked, and his value to other teams would certainly have decreased due to being part of this shitshow.

We could have prime Roberto Carlos at left back and it wouldn’t make a difference with Lennon in charge.

martin_d, elbhoydo and Doogs. like this.
  6. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    If he'd stayed he would've stagnated under Neil Lennon like everyone else while we * the 10.

Fans can be * at the 'celtic man' stuff but he made the right move for his own career, last year he was here he was being absolutely run into the ground despite having an injury by Rodgers and then Lennon, he wanted to leave and he did folk should get over it, we're an unambitious club and real quality players will never hang around that environment forever.

Breathnach67, martin_d and Lewis Kerr like this.
  7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    This in a nutshell.

trackebhoy and McChiellini.. like this.
  8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Did you miss what happened yesterday? Though I’m sure both would’ve enjoyed the Arsenal game on their first class flight to Dubai. It’s a * riddy!

paulie walnuts and McChiellini.. like this.
  9. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    This is the thing that annoys me most about him. I don't grudge him going & trying to make himself a better player. I would never want another player like McStay to put the club & fans before himself. It was all the super fan pish him & his da spouted then he * off at the first opportunity while telling us the whole summer he was going nowhere..

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

martin_d, James and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  10. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

The biggest thing I have against him leaving, is the club didn’t spend the huge amount of money correctly to replace him properly or to improve the rest of the squad.
    I can’t find it within myself to really blame him for that though.

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Honestly think we have a dodgy doctor at the club his injury worries seem behind him now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NomDePlum likes this.
  12. Mince.Charming

You've seen how people have turned on Scott brown.

Celtic knew his leg was * n cashed in.
    He had ro get a move incase it was his last chance.
    * be plagued with injuries his full career.

Mcgeady basically said he was forced to move to Russia by Lawell.
    If Tierney stayed n was injured most people would be moaning hes made of glass n wishing we sold him.

wee green dug, martin_d and King Kwon like this.
  13. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    exactly this.

14. freitassen

That is why I am a bit balanced of this. I was and still am mad at him using his claim to be a fan all the time, but now looking back I think the club was very unfair on him too and it is not fair to hate him.

15. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Let’s not forget as well that he was egged on by the club’s media/social media into playing the mega fan card. They totally used it as a marketing tool for the club.

Ok, he should have had more integrity than to go along with it when he knew he’d probably eventually leave, but at the end of the day, he isn’t solely responsible for the ‘boyhood fan got lucky’ image that the club loves to sell.

elbhoydo and Lewis Kerr like this.
  16. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

* sake :56: turns out all he needed was a decent physio and medical team

Breathnach67 likes this.
  17. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Funnily enough I was just thinking something along those lines the other day. I was wondering if part of him pushing for a move was to get to somewhere with a professional medical and physio set up, where he would get the attention he needs, as well as the time to recuperate fully, without being rushed back and thrown in when still not back to full fitness, to aggravate it. With the added bonus of not being assaulted on the pitch week in week out when he was back playing.

I dare say the thought of the extra money didn't hurt either, but I don't think it was his prime motivation, though I could be wrong.

18. celtic warrior

There is clearly an issue with the conditions our players are trained in and then rehabilitated in because we certain injury types just seen far to common.

19. Cringer67

Anyone questioning if he loves Celtic or not are only trying to belittle the man out of sheer anger and bitterness, nothing more. Of course he loves Celtic, to suggest otherwise is lunacy. Celtic wanted the move and he wanted the move when it came to the crunch however, and we got top dollar for him. We also had the luxury of watching one of our own live the dream, play for the jersey, and get a move to a bigger league when it’s a short career. I for one will never begrudge him for what he did. I also believe he’ll be back one day when he still has plenty to offer.

cas79 likes this.
  20. TheHappyLoss

Hopefully gets a move to Man Utd or Man City next season. He’s too good for Arsenal.

cas79 likes this.