1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Damnati

Hmmm nah still bitter, sorry.

2. RiquelmeCSC

I still can’t be happy for him. I don’t even think it’s being bitter. Personally for me if he hadn’t been so Mr Celtic and his dad hadn’t been running his gums for years about what a player he was going to be for Celtic, I wouldn’t have been that bothered.

Damnati and honda like this.
  3. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!

His da wasn't wrong. He was some player for us. I don't get why people can't be happy for him. Like it or not the EPL has better players to test himself against. That's what you want from an academy player, moving on to other things, but playing against the likes of Salah is a bigger test than anything Scotland has to offer him. I always wanted him to stay for the ten. But wasn't to be. I just don't understand how some could still be annoyed at the boy. No matter how much i like my job, see if someone came in said move here, you have better prospects, more money and a bigger stage to show talents we would all go.

Dannybhoy81 and Jeannie960 like this.
  4. RiquelmeCSC

You have missed my point completely, had he and his dad not bumped their gums about how Celtic was the be all and end all and how good a player he was going to be for CELTIC. I personally wouldn’t have been that bothered. It was just the fact he went on about how he is this lifelong celtic fan living the dream, I mean really, what did we get out of him? 2 and half seasons. For being such a big Celtic fan and for us being close to doing the 10 he could have waited done this and got himself an even bigger move. He jumped at the first possible time.

Damnati, Tim-Time 1888 and lazyregula like this.
  5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Slightly different though. Tierney acted like your life long wife. A partner to last for all of time. One club man, geez celtic tops for my birthday, interviews galore. Then first flirt from the milkman and off he goes milking those *. That's why people have a problem.

6. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I’m willing to bet he has bought the new Celtic gear as he’s still a fan.

7. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!
    :56: that analogy made me laugh. I understand why people are annoyed.

For me, that stuff doesn't make me annoyed at him, I still believe he is a Celtic fan and don't grudge him moving on. But im a hypocrite and Still think Rodgers is a *, :84:

Rydo1888* and Spring Time like this.
  8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye and your life long milkman sucking wife would probably still "love you" after aswel.

9. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Would you have KT back?

10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Nah. Hes no fooling me twice. Come crawling back when hes had 9 kids, gained 6 stone and the new lover no longer wants him. No chance.

RiquelmeCSC likes this.
  11. gerard1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Well done KT

Still love the bhoy and hope he gos on to be the best

12. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Fantastic for him, had ambition to test himself in PL and took it. He is the making of Arsenal's next captain. People are bitter because he didn't stay playing in a mediocre league against * poor opposition on * plastic pitches. he openly expressed his love of Celtic but doesn't mean he has to sign himself a lifetime contract here.

Rydo1888*, The_Bhoy, ynwa1987 and 4 others like this.
  13. adequate citizen Zenon Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  14. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    This is it for me. When all's said and done and when you're faced with the decision he was you can't let your heart rule your head. His heart might be with us but he may have felt this was too good a chance to turn down. He was a player plagued by hip problems and your career can be short in this game. He probably realised that he was at a crossroads in his career and Celtic likely saw the chance of cashing in on him as well. As it was he moved on and the shut down gave him all the time he needed to heal and get back to fitness. They're reaping the benefits of something we produced but it could have been all so different for him had he stayed with us. None of us really know if that would have been the best thing for him. The bhoy must have known the criticism that he would face but like the rest of us he has to grow up and face it all head on like a man and he has done that. He left us a bhoy but looking at him now I see a man full of grit and determination. I have nothing but respect for him now. Fans need to stop whining and move on. Take pride in what we produced here as he has a glittering career ahead of him and we all contributed to that.

Pablo87, Rydo1888*, The_Bhoy and 12 others like this.
  15. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!
    :57:

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Spot on. All a bit said seeing grown men and women being bitter about it.

Jeannie960 and JML67 like this.
  17. Al Bootyerbaws

Great post.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  18. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    How many of our players have moved to bigger clubs than Arsenal though? Certainly none in the modern era.

Happy for the guy anyway. I’ve never heard him say he would be here for life, or anything of that sort tbh. There’s a world apart between a guy saying he loves the club (which I believe to be true) and saying he’ll spend his entire career here.

19. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Well done son, FTQ

Rydo1888* and honda like this.
  20. reillers88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Are lads actually taking the * here? KT is just after winning the fa Cup and he actually liked/commented on a twitter comment by our /his club? The man should be knee deep in liquor/* and it meant enough to him to respond to that tweet. And let's not get this confused - celtic are still his club. He was dead right to make a move because his talents merited it. Are we going to be up in arms when he inevitably returns somewhere down the line because he left in the first place? I hope not.....

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020