1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ki Sung-Yueng

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by TAB, Apr 26, 2011.

Discuss Ki Sung-Yueng in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    I thought there were signs of this man getting back to his best during the Old Firm.

He was thrown back into the side for one of our most important games of the season and I thought he coped really well. He was really tidy on the ball, played some brilliant passes and done a lot of important defensive work. With a little more freedom, we'll see him shine - he's got a lot of ability.

I've always had faith in Ki and believe he's got a lot of potential, I think he has received a lot of unjustified criticism over the last few months and he was arguably our best player before jetting of to the Asian Cup. He's widely known as one of South Korea's biggest prospects and I think we have to be a little more patient with Ki, I firmly believe he's going to be fantastic player.

Ki Sung-Yueng - he hates the huns!

2. SuperNick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson / McStay / Pierre Van Hooijdonk / Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Coming home
    he faded in and out for me.

was still showing he's capable a couple of times though

3. CarlosTe-wess

i totally agree buddy...I think he is a quality player. Evertime I see him play he brings an element of calm to the midfield and rarely loses the ball. Hes got fantastic hair aswell !:56:

4. scottbrown8

I Disagree with a bit of what you said, not just getting back to his best i think hes getting better, he's adapting more and more into scottish football, Sunday was a different Ki from the one I have saw, he was all over the place, pressing every single ball, diving into challenges. Which is a side i've not saw from him and a side having seen I want to see more, everyone knows Ki's ball retention and distribution is quality, now with this aggressive side of him he is going to be a great player for us. He said when he came he wants to model himself on Steven Gerrard, couple of years later, hes aggressive, imposing, good on the ball, set piece taker and good striker of the ball, does it sound like anyone ?

5. shughie

He should be playing better by now, and he isnt!

6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    his passing is class problem is lennon i asking him to play a holding role the boy is better playing as an attacking midfielder

just hope he will get a chance to go forward cxause with his passing he can unlock other teams back 4's with ease

7. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    Ive always noticed that he likes a hard tackle since he got here tbh.

8. Ryan2442

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Hartley, Barry Robson, Arthur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y.N.W.A
    Came here with all that hype & has not lived up to it !!!!!!!!!!
    Too lightweight & not consistent enough.
    Personally, I'd call him an average, run of the mill pro footballer & Celtic can do better than him.
    Scale of 0 to 10, I'd give him 4.5 at best.

PS: This is my opinion & nothing's going to change it. So please don't bite my head off !!!!!

Hail Hail:shamrock:

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He's 6 foot 2, before the 'lightweight' argument comes in.

10. horseshoe

He's not shown himself up as being lightweight this season at all, people were saying it as far back as the first Rangers game of the season, crapping it about him coming in, that he wouldn't be able to handle it, predictions of * out of challenges and being generally bullied out of the game.

It simply didn't happen, and still doesn't, it's a myth.

11. Ryan2442

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Hartley, Barry Robson, Arthur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y.N.W.A
    Height doesn't make you a heavyweight, mate !!!!

Roy Keane, Lenny, Lambert et al are all below 6ft. Try getting the ball off them !!!!
    It's body strength & not height that matters in the midfield !!!!

Hail Hail:shamrock:

12. Artur Boruc #1

Never really been a fan of him and have been one of his biggest critics. And even at that he really impressed me on Sunday, keep it up Ki.

13. kungfoofighter

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    he was our best player in the first half of the season. he has big boots to fill though if he is to take joe's place but he has the ability.

14. BigWilly.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Mcgrain, Boruc, Jinky, Lubo, Di Canio, Ki, Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Bhoys of the Old Brigade
    Kayal, Ki and Ledley are our futre mids, Ki, kayal, Hooper and Izzy are the most talented players in the team

15. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Exactly. I think this argument is just used against any player that is known for his technical ability.

It's not just his height though, we've seen massive improvements in the defensive side to Ki's game, his work-rate, tackling and strength have all improved dramatically this season, in my opinion.

Even his biggest critics won't deny that he's adapting to the style of football in Scotland, he has definitely improved his strength, I think it's very unfair to pin him as a light-weight now.

16. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Even top players need time to adjust to new leagues. Ki has shown good improvement this season and will only get better if he is given the chance.

17. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Well i am a great admirer and fan of Ki, always have been, and i have defended him a lot this year, people tend to forget how young he is, he has great attributes, hes tall athletic build, great passing ability, good ball retention and has shown hes not afraid to put in a good few meaty challenges.

I think next season you will see how good Ki really is and i agree that we are playing him in the wrong position, push him up a bit more and i think hes got the ability to unlock defenses as well as a decent strike on him. So many people judge him when hes been in Scotland for over a year now, anyone remember other foreign players who didn't set the heather alight in their first full season and then went on to become celtic greats?
    Some people just don't have the patience really.

18. jokeybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ynwa
    It's going to come down to our wing play,that's where we have been best this season.hopefully izzy and Wilson can get back to the blistering form of the 3 nil Huns game

19. Mr. Slippyfist

TBH I'm not a lover of him.

I don't think that he is a BAD player, but I do think that when he plays in our current formation the team becomes unbalanced.

Might be decent in an advanced position in a 5 man midfield, but I hope he proves me wrong.

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

This 100%.

He never really has a 'bad' game per se but I don't see the big deal with him. He's neat and tidy but neat and tidy never won a game against the huns. Was shocked at his inclusion and still think it was the wrong decision after the game.