1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kevin McDonald

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by holy pope, Jun 24, 2008.

Discuss Kevin McDonald in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Gutted cant think we have missed out on this cracking young lad , hes 6.3 and only 19, he's capped under 21 level and is a powerhouse in the centre mid , Had been talks with us trying to get him before he's signed for * Burnley for just 500k ,

Cant help thinking we have missed the boat on this one.

2. SwoopingVulture

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I've seen him a couple of times and he is quality. But with my Scotland hat on i don't see the point of signing another young prospect that would rot in the reserves. Hopefully he can do well at Burnley and after a couple of years get a big money move.

3. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    He ran rings around us when we played Dundee in the cup , Ive watched this lad a few times , Looks the real deal to fair tho ,we just took a risk on Mc court ffs at 24 so 500 k on a 19year old With talent would have hardly been a risk ,

Let's hope we dont miss out on James Carthy from Hamilton , he's a tim and would jump at the chance moving to hoops id sign him now then loan him back to Hamilton full season playing in spl,

4. Venu Al

Fav Celtic Player:
    all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the fields of athenrye
    i do think we missed out on this one

5. col_p67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, John Collins
    It's a problem we often have though; where would we play him, who would we drop, would we stunt the career of a promising Scot? I'm just happy the huns didn't get him. Let him flourish down south and then force superned out of the Scotland squad.

6. hoops no7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry, ynwa
    Agree with that, we would buy him and he wouldnt get a game much, the lad needs to be playing every week. pity though

7. homerbhoy

we could have bought and loaned out for couple of seasons

8. poolebhoy

I'm very happy with Kev Mc signing for us. He will get first team football at Burnley.

I watched his interview at Turf Moor, I think that to have made 100 first team appearances at just 19 is phenomenal.

From the comments on here and on the Dundee boards, he's the sort of driving midfielder Burnley have been missing for some time now. I just hope he settles in quickly, we do have a growing band of Scots at the club, so hopefully that will help the lad.

It's been a good week for Owen Coyle, good business all round by the bloke.

How much do you want for Riorden? :biggrin:

9. gerry_bhoy

Hope this ends up a good move for the lad, and he can move on in a few years.

10. richy1888

The Guy is a big talent in the making but would not get regular first team football with Celtic so I am sure that is one of the reasons he went down south. We have to remember we have some great prospects already who we are blooding in our reserves Hutchison and Mizuno to name just two so we dont want another situation where we waste a young talent because we dont play him ( riorden)

11. kduffy

To try and get the best of both worlds, buy a few of the most promising youngsters, loan them back out so they get 1st team experience, give the small clubs a decent sell-on % clause i think would be a good policy. Not too much risk exposure and bound to get your money back at least