1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kerr McInroy

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by JML67, Sep 22, 2020.

Discuss Kerr McInroy in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Better move..

Could've even done it in the lower half of the top flight..

2. GavCFC1

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Kerr McInroy Signs for the Honest Men

The Club are delighted to announce that Kerr McInroy has joined on loan from Celtic until the end of the season.

The 21-year old midfielder spent the first half of this season on loan at Airdrieonians where he chipped in with 4 goals in 13 appearances.

Welcome to Somerset Park, Kerr

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Kerr McInroy has emerged as a transfer target for newly-promoted Kilmarnock, following his release from Celtic this summer.

McInroy, 21, enjoyed successful loan spells with Airdrie and Ayr United last season, but made it clear before arriving at New Broomfield that he didn't see his future at Celtic Park.

Championship winners Kilmarnock are believed to be interested in the talented midfielder, who also operated as a full-back at Airdrie.

McInroy was something of a fans' favourite at Airdrie and scored four times for the Diamonds in League One, before moving to Championship strugglers Ayr United, where he netted twice - with one of those in a 3-1 defeat at home to Killie.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Kilmarnock FC can announce Kerr McInroy will join the club upon the expiration of his contract with Celtic, pending Scottish FA approval.

The 21-year-old midfielder has signed a two-year deal with Killie and becomes our second signing of the summer window.

Kerr makes the move to Ayrshire’s Number One side after impressing during loan spells with Airdrieonians and Ayr United during 2021/22.

After signing his Rugby Park contract, Kerr said: “I’m delighted to be here and buzzing to get the deal done in time for pre-season starting so I’m looking forward to getting going with the boys.

“I wanted to go to a club that wanted me and play at the highest level possible. I spoke to the manager and he really wanted to get me in so that had a big helping hand in my decision.

“I look forward to bedding in as quickly as possible and seeing how I fit in to the squad.”

Derek McInnes said: “Kerr is a player we came up against last season for Ayr and we feel he can give us that nice left sided balance in the middle of the pitch.

“He’s a good age to try and develop to get those improvements from him in our team. We’ve liked what we’ve seen from him and it’s a step up for him to play in the Premiership so we’re pleased to get him on board.”

8. Keano88

Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Was never really given a chance here even though he always looked a good player for the youth whenever I seen him.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Good move for him..

He'll deffo have a successful top flight career for year's..

10. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

I think he had a bad injury around the time he could have made his way into the team and was out for 9 or 10 months, I was excited for his future with us, hopefully he plays well enough and we can maybe sign him back in the future

Twisty, Keano88 and McChiellini.. like this.
  11. PaddyJamieson

Perfect move, he'll do well there, no doubt.