1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kate & Gerry McCann

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Feb 21, 2018.

Discuss Kate & Gerry McCann in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

I know they did mate but there is a world of difference between the likes of blair and brown etc getting involved because its good PR for them, if we are being brutally honest, and them getting involved in a government cover up or various government cover ups by now. I just cant square that in my head at all.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Here to corre...I mean help :fear:

3. Mr. Slippyfist

Yip, I take that point on board - but it's been done a plenty over the years by folk involved with government, so can't really be dismissed - especially when you know how far political influence can be stretched.

4. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Yes I know Government is capable of doing things that they believe is for the best for the country and we will likely never know the half of it but I just cant square away how anyone could decide that covering up a (potential) child abduction/murder whatever it is warrants the risks involved to a government no matter what kind of friends they (mccanns) have. It would have been easier/safer to just disappear them by now as well. Let's face it if within a year or so of this happening we had read/heard how they had both topped themselves no-one would have been surprised and this would all have quietly fallen silent. Honestly I haven't a clue and the more I think about it the more I just go round in circles, it could put you mad.

5. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    It might not have been as cut and dry as taking the oldest one. She would have been the one who was most aware of what was going on and arguably the most mobile and capable of the children.

Maybe pre planned as a buglary, but a burglar cant get out of the house with items if they already have their hands full with Maddie. If they had silenced her in some way they might not want to risk exposing their identity by leaving behind the most crucial bit of evidence.

Maybe the plan had been to take Maddie all along and the house was being watched. There are theories of her being targetted due to her appearance of having blonde hair and blue eyes, perhaps bought or used in some kind of human trafficking.

Im staying open. I will admit im playing the devils advocate a lot but in my opinion there is just as much evidence for as against the mccanns.

From my understanding, theres a lot that the portugese police * u which could have led to the perpetrator slipping the net.

I like to imagine shes still alive and in years to come the story will shock the world. But my sense tells me that sadly she is no longer alive.

And you?

6. Los Palmas 7 something strange happened Gold Member

7. Los Palmas 7 something strange happened Gold Member

sadly i think this will be one of them cases that will remain unsolved. friends in high places.
    RIP madeline.

8. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Not read the thread but if I was to leave my kids at home and one of them went missing, I know I'd be in a lot more trouble than them and rightfully so.

They wouldn't leave their wallet and passport lying in an unlocked apartment, so why even contemplate leaving you're children?

If what we're lead to believe happened, Maddie would still be here if it wasn't for their negligence. Poor little girl.

9. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    whatever happened to that poor wee lassie, and I doubt we'll ever find out. the McCanns will have to live with the truth of their complicity in her disappearance for the rest of their lifes.

10. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Some young mothers sell their children to be raped by paedophiles and then just take the money and carry on with their lives as normal. I still can't see how this can be used as any sort of defence.

Not getting at you btw Prof. I have seen a few people say similar things in the thread but you were just the last one. As I have said I really don't know if they are guilty but if they are capable of abusing and murdering their young child then nothing they have done after will surprise me.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  11. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Hope one day we do find out the truth i doubt it though and the suspicion will always hang over the parents until then

12. The Greenman King of kings

I think your basing your decision off the fact you don't think they'd have been able to dispose of the body in those 90 minutes which is fair enough. Thing is we just don't know who the McCanns are and what they could be capable of, I think they may have hid the body somewhere they knew nobody would find it until they had a chance to get rid of it which would explain the sighting and the cadaver later found in the car.

It's also possible that she was already dead by the time they went to the Tapas bar, the last time we know for certain she was alive was 2 days before as she was recorded as being picked up from a nearby creche if I remember correctly.

Given all there is against them such as the cadaver, no sign of an abduction, constant inconsistencies with the witness statements, Kate not cooperating with the police, the fabricated Jane Tanner sighting, people like Clarence Mitchell getting involved immediately, among other things, I find it difficult to see how you can't find them at least a little bit suspicious.
    In this case I don't understand why anyone would tell the media and the police a different thing. If they were just innocent, worried parents, surely they'd tell everyone the truth to maximise the chances of getting her found.

As I've said the Portuguese police weren't happy with their story and would almost certainly have charged them had they remained in charge of the case.

Again I think she'd also have been charged had the PJ (especially Goncalo Amaral) remained in charge. She also did have something to gain from lying to them. This sighting played a large part in the early stages of the investigation, her lying to the police would've bought the McCanns some time and gave the police a lead which would've stopped the suspicion from immediately falling onto her pals, the McCanns.

I certainly don't think a cover up is beyond the realms of possibility, there is evidence that points towards one. Without even going into all that the first question is why weren't they charged for neglect? Nobody denies they are guilty of gross negligence so if they were being treated the same as the rest of us by the law why weren't they prosecuted for that? A guy a few years back was charged for leaving his daughter in the car for 10 minutes but these two have got off with completely neglecting three toddlers. Doesn't seem right at all. Then there's the ex police officers saying they also think there was a cover up and how they were restricted from carrying out a full investigation as @Los Palmas 7 posted above. There has been big cover ups of things in the past, just look at the Jimmy Savile case. A few friends in high places could potentially go a very long way.

13. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    Google (The truth of the lie free) and read the detectives book.eye opener

14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The last confirmed sighting of Maddie was on the afternoon of the day she went missing, she was at a kids club and a photo was taken which also backs this up.

How reliable are the dogs , and did you know they were called in months after Maddie went missing ?

You mention there was no sign of an abduction, what kind of clues would you think a possible abducter would leave behind ? :43:

A lot of people have the McCanns guilty because of their mannerisms, as i've mentioned before there is no solid hard evidence that they were directly responsible.

I think this whole idea that they hid her body is totally bonkers, what if she was found before they could dispose of the body, what if someone saw them doing it , would they really be taking that kind of risk, i don't think so.

You mention that you think she may have been dead before they went to the bar, did you know that other members of the party went to check up on their kids and look in on the McCanns kids as well ? if that was the case then the whole group must've been part of it, i just find that ludicrous.

15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Did he profit from the book ?

16. The Greenman King of kings

Eddie and Keela were renowned for being the best sniffer dogs in the world and had a proven track record, so much so that police forces would pay good money to have them for a day. Not a chance they'd be mistaken. Yeah i knew it was a good few months after, don't see what difference it makes, the dogs would've picked up any trace of what they were looking for and they did. Gerry was very quick to discredit them when asked about what they found, if he was really innocent don't you think he'd be more interested in knowing how those traces got there?

You'd expect maybe at least some forensic evidence like some DNA or some residue as Amaral pointed out. It was also almost impossible for an abductor to break into the apartment as the window was barely big enough for an * to get through, never mind while carrying a child.

Their mannerisms were/are odd but as you say they don't prove anything. Their actions such as the ones I've previously mentioned are one of the reasons I'm certain they're complicit.

What else could they do? It's a risk they'd have had to take if they were to get away with it.

Yes I was aware of that as well. Again we just don't know who these people are and the lengths they would go to in order to protect one another. I'm undecided to the extent I think they were in on it but I'm certain Jane Tanner was at least.

17. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Im speculating that they have been able to account for their actions and satisfy the police. If these inconsistancies were significant, they would have been exposed by now.

One thing i dont think that people understand is that if the mccanns are supposedly guilty, then they are fighting for funding and time to keep the case open, and so increasing the chances of them being charged. To date, no charges have been brought, so surely it wouod be favourable to let the case die away?

If the portugese police went happy with their story they would have charged them. Just because the lead investigator was sacked, doesnt change that.

Perhaps the law is different in portugal for negligence or for being in charge of children. Thats a good point you have raised.

I think a cover up is extremely unlikely. For the British government to collude with a guilty party would be beyond scandelous and i cant see what they would stand to gain from doing so.

18. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik

19. scootz

I can't see past the theory that they've gone back to check on the bairns they've abandoned, found that Maddie had died, panicked about what might come of their abandonment, so disposed of her body and blurted out a badly conceived 'story' to the Polis.

I also wouldn't rule-out the possibility that they had 'medicated' her so she wouldn't stir in their absence, and this is what killed her. Lends even more weight to the theory that they disposed of her body for fear of the repercussions.

I guess there is always a possibility that it played out exactly as they said it did and that a horrible set of circumstances has conspired to vilify them, but their story is packed with too many inconsistencies for me and the cadaver-dogs alert is a big factor in my thoughts.

Such a sad story.

20. Mr. Slippyfist

One male member of the group was the only one to have checked on the kids (apart from Gerry McCann) - he claims that he can't remember seeing Maddie in bed, despite having walked into the room (her on the left hand side, and the kids in the middle of the room in travel cots).

So for someone who was supposed to be checking on the kids, and can't actually remember seeing one, but remembers clearly the younger two is very odd, wouldn't you say?

One might suspect that he wasn't willing to claim he saw her, considering he would then be the only other one (bar the claim from Gerry) that saw her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.