1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Just an Idea

Discussion in 'Helpdesk' started by Dubsbhoy, Jul 16, 2004.

Discuss Just an Idea in the Helpdesk area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dubsbhoy Banned!

My cousin has a dublin supporters site, anyways for a bit of PR to get the site off the ground he got a big Dublin flag made with the sites logo on it and it travels up and down ireland for all dublin games and has been on tv a few times.

Regular members got their user names printed on their jerseys and the sites web address on the bottom of the jersey. it was quiet successful cos my cousin was asked to write match reports for some newspapers after a journalist stumbled across the site and noticed some of the conversations in the forum.

Just a thought.

btw i think he got a sponsor to pay for the flag.

2. Mark

Do you mean, maybe we should get ourselves a flag? I've seen Drumchapel CSC doing that and it it was seen on TV, newspapers and of course at the grounds. We could do that, but it would cost a bit as we don't have sponsors.

What does everyone else think?

3. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think that perhaps if members donated towards a flag we could maybe get one going. Seems like a good idea to promote the site.

4. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

This would be a really good idea. If members could donate to a flag, this would be excellent although they are quite dear depending on how big the flag is. I'll have a look around and see what the cheapest price I can come across is.

5. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    www.barmyflags.co.uk is a pretty good site and from what I gather, this is where most supporters clubs get their flags from.

6. Mark

Myself and CM had a very brief chat on this last night.

We agreed that it would be an excellent idea and would do wonders for the site. Of course, as we all know, financing it would be the only problem. As we are poor beggars ourselves and couldn't pay for it all ourselves, we said that if everyone chipped in, we would get one.

This isn't a definite yes we are gonna start saving for one. Still at the discussion period. Let's hear more thoughts.

7. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

8. jaradthescot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beattie again. Give the wee bhoy a run, WGS
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Jinky
    As I said in the donations thread, I'm broke now, but if you want to get one in a couple of monhs, I'd definately pitch in

9. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Thanks mate! I really cant wait now till we get ours. How much would everyone donate? Im just asking to get a rough idea.

10. Mark

Yeah threre's plenty of time to get one made and I'm in the same situation as jarad. I'll probably be able to come up with some cash by Christmas, defo. And I could donate around £20 I'm sure.

11. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Thats brilliant mate! I voulf donate about £20 as well!

12. jaradthescot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beattie again. Give the wee bhoy a run, WGS
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Jinky
    I'll try to get about $30 Canadian in. Probably about 15 pounds. Not sure obout the exchange rates right now.

13. Mark

Yeah it's around that, maybe a wee bit more.

I was thinking that I could make a TalkCeltic CD with Celtic and Irish music for people to buy which would contribute to the site. Celtic_Mad has made one already although not sure what tracks are on it. Any sales we get from either would go towards the flag and any thereafter to the site. Just what songs would you guys like on one CD. Tell me some of your favourite Celtic and Irish songs (and any other relevant ones). Would be better than simply putting money in and not really getting anything back if you know what I mean.

14. charliebhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    i have made a double celtic cd that i have been selling on ebay 1 is rebel songs 1 is celtic songs i have had loads of good feedback off it on ebay.
    i am more than willing to do a copy for ya and post it to ya, perhaps you could use that.
    it has all sorts of tracks on it including live sets by shebeen, the irish brigade and the wolfetones to name a few.
    let me know bhoys.

15. charliebhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
  16. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

This would be excellent mate! How much would you charge to send it to us?

17. charliebhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    just giz the address m8 ;-)

if helps the site.

hail hail

18. Mark

Bit confused here lol. How could it help the site if you know what I mean? Sell it on here or something and take a percentage of the proceeds or what? Lol, sorry I'm not too clear on this :(

19. charliebhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    you could do what you want with it , sell it where you want.
    i only sell mine on ebay AND NO I DONT WANT A PERCENTAGE I WILL SEND YOU A COPY FOC.
    and thats that if you make your own talkceltic.net front cover perhaps you could sell it on here who knows have you got a shoponline?

20. Mark

That's great mate! We will get a wee shop made for the site and probably sell it through there. Very kind of you, thanks!