1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jozo Simunovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Aug 15, 2015.

Discuss Jozo Simunovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    No bother mate, and we have needed CB’s for atleast a couple of seasons.

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I want to feel bad for him, but his tackle was sheer stupidity.

JC Anton likes this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Only rash if he never played the ball. Haven't heard anyone even question that tackle. That utter hun * * Kevin Thomson even said it was a perfectly timed challenge..

Tonight he did what he's done a fair bit and had a brain fart..

Brendan left him to rot after the * pit last year. I honestly think he's just finished his self there..

I've seen tackles like that go before aye, especially on us. Straight away Bowman on KT springs to mind (although with more malice without a doubt). Still, even if it's 1 of them, I don't think we can argue when it's called a red..

Even the crowd did a ooh sigh as soon as he scudded him..

4. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I hope this means we'll be in the market for another CB. Before the incident i still wanted one but wouldn't of been surprised if Brendan focused on other positions, but Simunovic/hendry are not good enough backups, need another defender to challenge.

5. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Massive overreaction. Mistimed and clumsy and that’s about it.

All these experts that claim he has a bad attitude must see the guy train every day then? We’ve got enough enemies without our own fans accusing our players with zero substance to it.

Xatraps, neilly1987 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I didn’t hear much of a ooh tbh, and if he mistimed that challenge at ibrokes by even a second then it’s rash. I just don’t get the condemnation of tonight’s challenge yet his other ones are to be celebrated.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I was only watching on my phone so it may no have been mate. Thought it sounded like it..

It's like a goal. If you're missing 1 on 1's then you'll get slagged for it. If you're banging them in then you'll get praised..

If he just about time's a challenge or it's last ditch, it's a great tackle. If he misses it by a second then we all know going to ground or studs up puts you in a precarious position..

Thing that annoyed me most was he had an easy header that he * and it hit off the guy in no danger in their half, which made his mind up to win it back. Wasn't like it was forced on him. He * up and then * up even worse straight after..

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He is definitely a big cumbersome type defender that leaves it in a bit. But tonight for me was just mistimed and nothing more. If that was an SPFL game it’s a booking all day long given the precedents set for the last few decades.

9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye he defo set himself up for the actual situation, he nearly cost us over there with a daft tackle with his wrong leg which he missed both the man and the ball. He has been a riot for a while but like Bitton last season it’s starting to fester and will only get worse imo. Anyway agree to disagree. :50:

McChiellini.. likes this.
  10. BroxBhoy94

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson/Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ONE NEIL LENNON
    Really concerning for me tbh. Honestly don't think we can trust Simunovic anymore.

He was probably already on egg shells to begin with after the Ibrox red card but getting sent off in a CL qualifier - that was ultimately pointless - and leaving us short at the back against a decent Rosenborg side when we're already struggling there to begin with is ridiculous.

Boyata gets pelters all the time and sometimes rightly so, but Simunovic was just as culpable for defensive errors last season and got away with it because he sent Kenny Miller into space that one time.

Simunovic's defending for Lafferty's goal at Tynecastle in THAT game was honestly embarrassing and it's pretty telling that it was him who got dropped for Ajer.

As for next week, not sure what we do defence wise. Not too keen on playing Hendry at RB as I don't think that's his strongest position, but if Dembele can't make it it'll have to do formation wise. Otherwise I'd put Gamboa in and play Ajer and Hendry at CB.

11. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    You see Ajer's face right at the end , thinking ah ffs

12. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Clumsey challenge, but it isn't a red card in a million years

Tommy25 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  13. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    It's borderline but if he was on the receiving end of that we'd be calling for a red card as well. You can't go in like that, studs clearly showing. Whether it's clumsy or not, it's dangerous play and has left us even shorter than we already were for next week. Stupidity of the highest order, which is something we could be doing without when we're trying to establish ourselves as a proper CL level club and make the progress in the competition we're all striving for.

Someone needs to have a word with him. As others have pointed out, he's prone to this type of rashness but it's becoming a habit now. If it's the last we've seen of him in a Celtic jersey then he's no one to blame but himself as we've seen Brendan doesn't * about when it comes to players who let him down.

14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I long for the day we have a settled defence in these qualifiers.

Another centre back should have been bought by now anyway. This just reinforces that fact.

15. Pacific Ocean Blue

I thought it was harsh, however he has given the referee a decision to make so early on in the game. I thought the ref in general had a weird game

Gyp Rosetti and neilly1987 like this.
  16. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Absolute bonkers challenge..there was just no need for it at all. Big fella keeps on letting himself down.

neilly1987 and Liam Scales like this.
  17. ladbroke8

That challenge summed up his last year. Had a free hit at the first team with boyata being away and hes blown it.

neilly1987 likes this.
  18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Harsh? He’s absolutely scudded the guy with almost no intent on the ball. Knew it was a red instantly.

Cupid Stunt likes this.
  19. Cupid Stunt

The ref was horrendous, the penalty decision the worst of the lot, but this was one he quite clearly got right. Just because there should have been others on the night that weren't given, doesn't make this any less of a red card challenge.

20. Cupid Stunt

No they wouldn't. I honestly don't think Brown is stupid enough to make a challenge like that anymore anyway.