1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jota.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Luis1967, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Jota. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Foley1888

If he doesn’t look like committing then I would be trying to sign Solbakken from Bodo/Glimt, I think you would get him for around £3m tops based on the price of
    Berg.

He’s a different type of winger but versatile off either side can go on the outside down the left or come in from the right. Not as skillful but physically he is very impressive for a winger, very quick, tall and strong at getting in the box to support the striker when his team attack down the opposite wing.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  2. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    There are now reports that Benfica plan to keep hold of Jota and the end of the season. If that is the case then this whole 'option to buy' thing is * worthless.

3. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Just need to enjoy him while he is here..

buchanbhoy likes this.
  4. themouth1888

Honestly try get it done now. If Benfica say no we are taking him back then we still try spend the money now.

If that means Jota going back now then so be it. We need to build our team with our own players

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  5. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I don't think we will find out before the window closes. I can see him taking until the end of the season to decide on his future, as it is a big career choice, and it's not one he has to make right now. I don't blame him for taking his time over it.

It's a shame he missed out on the cup final and wasn't on the pitch when we won it. I think an experience like that may have swayed him more towards signing early, but as it is I think we'll be waiting until the end of the season before we know for sure.

6. horseshoe

The option to buy isn't worthless, we've agreed a price and benfica can't say no to it, if Jota comes to us or goes back to them at the end of the season it's because that's what he's decided, ball is in his court same as it's always been.

7. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

I agree, if Benfica want him back then there's no guarantees Jota himself will agree and given what he has had to say about his time here so far I think he feels more appreciated in the hoops.

8. apevrak

Jota will probably be in direct competition to a spot on the LW, maybe even first choice if he gets back to SLB, so I can understand why he's holding out. Would love to see him signed though.

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Its not.

Because it leaves the decision entirely with the player. Which it is. How can it be more pointless than not including an option to buy on a loan and him going back regardless?:giggle1:

Its upto Jota. We will exercise the £6m. If he wants to stay he stays. If he doesn't then so be it.

Hammy89 likes this.
  10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You really are thick as *.

11. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

:56::56:

People acting as if the option to buy means we’re guaranteed to get him if we meet the asking price.

So in theory we could meet the asking price, offer him a tenner and a packet of Benson and Hedges a week and he’s obliged to accept it?

People are dumb man. Real dumb.

The power is with the player, as it should be.

12. Sgt Neppers*

A strong second half to the season, with another trophy in the bag, possible CL entry from it, plus settled in a city and team well, with a manger who is playing to a style that suits him and develops him, with the adoration of the fans may be enough for him to leave his boyhood club.

Last few days a bit of realism has hit home. So hopefully all this positivity directs him to signing permanently by the end of the season. :48:

13. Foley1888

Next week against them, if he has a good game, maybe even scores and we win,
    place will be bouncing, have someone ready with the contract to sign in the showers! Job done!

Jota wakes up next morning wondering what he actually has done.

14. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No even the weekend yet and I’m convinced it’s the best football chant of all time.

Wit an anthem.

BigManSmalls likes this.
  15. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Said he listened to that tune when he was younger! Hopefully full belt and Tynecastle when he puts us 1 up early doors.

16. JamesM09

Careful Paddy, you're starting to sound like one of them communists.

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

He feels appreciated here you can tell. Gut tells me he's staying. Interesting that the club bring out an interview with him the day after rumours surface about him not staying....coincidence? I THINK NOT.

littlekennie, Rydo1888*, ede and 3 others like this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I’ll be absolutely gutted if we don’t sign him, he’s a few levels above the vast majority of signings we’ve made in the last 10/15 years.

But I trust Ange to get a good player in to replace him if he stays at Benfica. For once I feel like we have back up options who can do the business.

20. adequate citizen Zenon Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I agree.
    It's a much better position when you don't need to be so desperate.

I keep my fingers crossed tho as this could well be one of the signings of the... (insert: season, decade, era ?)