1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jota.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Luis1967, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Jota. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jambo_cfc

Still got to agree with the player as far as i know , would be activating it before teams start making there interest known to the player

2. horseshoe

Loan to buy just means we have the price tag set with the parent club, and they won't accept any other bids for a set amount of time once the window opens, right? If we activate it we'd still have to agree personal terms with the player, come the end of the season if he's played well enough and is aware of interest from other teams they just have to sit tight for a bit before they can speak to anyone else. It's not as simple as us just paying the fee right now and he's ours. At least that's my understanding of it.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I've seen plenty of loan's that haven't had an option to buy, fail when a bid is then put in and the club or player aren't interested..

I can't think of many time's I've heard of a loan to buy option being triggered and the player pulling out?

4. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    His agent will be telling him to hold off I suspect. Did we have an option to buy with Guidetti ?

5. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

We won't activate anything before the summer as it'll eat into this seasons budget and affect the rebuilding plans for January. I'd imagine.

6. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Breath of fresh air seeing this lad tear up the wing and make into the box. We have been lacking that for a while now.

bagforlife and eire4 like this.
  7. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Get him signed up for 4 years or more A.S.A .ucking P!!

8. AussieGreek

The reason why Jota is mature beyond his years is because he mostly takes the advice of his family, and I am sure they will see the benefit of him having a 3 season stint here before moving to a bigger league if he develops the way we expect him to.

9. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I don't think there's any reason to worry about him knocking us back, it's blatantly obvious the boy has bought into the club in a big way. That coupled with having a brilliant coach and a huge fan base tells me he will be delighted to stay on. Especially if we win the league and get a crack at the CL.

10. ddub11

Think ye being a bit naive there mate,

Money talks and if the lad gets a big offer from a epl club its unlikely he will turn it down.And like it or not our league is * and if he gets an opportunity to play at a higher level id be surprised if he turned it down.

I hope we get him on a permanent but i dont buy into all that talk of him buying into the club and he gets us,weve seen others who made out that they were like that and had no problem moving on,im not knocking them guys but as fans i think we have to realise the players dont have the love for the club that we do.

11. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I don't think there's any worry about him rejecting a move to us.

We might, and this is unlikely, sell him for a profit after signing him, but he seems a smart lad so I think he'd stay an extra season.

12. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    This is the problem with loan deals. This one seems to be actually working out yet there's something telling me that there's absolutely no way that we will part with the money to get him permanently. It'll be the usual. Benfica will have they're price. Celtic wont pay it. They'll probably try to get him on loan for next season. Which wont happen. And he'll go to England. Can see it a mile away

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Winning the league and automatic CL football will make it an easy decision.

14. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Of course it could go that way aswell, it's not a sure thing either way. I just get the impression that he's really enjoying being here and he's making good progress so far, so it would be in his interests to stick around for a while and continue his progression with us. I have zero doubts about it man.

ddub11 likes this.
  15. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Celtic have already negotiated and agreed on a price, that part is not the issue.

16. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    We parted with the money for Edouard

17. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    Yes we did part with the money for Edouard. I was actually thinking about that while I was commenting. I was thinking more about the Paddy Roberts situation which dragged on and on and on and then we didnt sign him.

18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    If we do manage to win the league and have guaranteed champions league football I would say that would probably make it a fairly easy sell for him to sign with us permanently.

JC Anton likes this.
  19. celtic20

We struggle to get the best out of him when playing against packed defences. Was the exact same story at the Tony Macaroni Arena too. Can see him constantly looking up, grimacing, then having to pass it back because of a lack of options.

20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The solution is mental, not tactical. Drill him, and every winger to run forward with blind faith in themselves. The worst that will probably happen is a throw-in.

martin_d likes this.