1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jota.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Luis1967, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Jota. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    So much ability..

Still played his best minute's on the right though..

3. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Some good stuff from him tonight, but jury is out till he can do it when we're up against it. Not overly confident he's at the level required.

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Think he looks a breath of fresh air. Still settling in but he's a player. I like him.

johnboy19 likes this.
  5. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Look forward to see him along side kyogo

6. Foley1888

If we ever get a near fully fit team on the park I will be interested to see how he does as at the moment he is being asked to be our main attacking threat.

If you added Kyogo, Forrest and McGregor back in the team, it would be interesting to see if he had the awareness and was able
    to capitalise on having better players around him would improve his end product further.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

His attitude has been much better than I thought it would be, if he continues with it he’ll be a pler.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  8. James Gold Member Gold Member

I'll whisper it cos I know I'll get slaughtered but I don't think he's anything special

9. BigManSmalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    He'll fly from here the sexy *

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Shouldn’t get slaughtered as he’s miles off the finished article or being deemed ‘special’ but he has enormous potential even just off the fleeting appearances so far.

James likes this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Benfica fan's thought he was a pretty special talent and so did/do the Portuguese under 21's..

He's shown enough already in a whole different surrounding than he's used to to tell me he's got it..

I do prefer him right to left though..

bobs1974, Rydo1888* and AussieGreek like this.
  12. Paul McAuley

Wont get carried away because it was against Raith Rovers but this man will win 4 Ballon d'ors and 4 World cups.

13. JamesM09

In the next 3 years.

AussieGreek and King Kwon like this.
  14. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

It’s not as if he’s just had a good game against Raith. He was excellent against Betis in the first half and wasn’t bad v County. Another start on Sunday and a goal and he will be flying from there on.

15. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Have you seen the mans hair?

King Kwon, Lewis Kerr and James like this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. connerm57

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Sounds like a careless whisper mate.

18. AussieGreek

I got a sneaky suspicion his best is on the right wing.

19. AussieGreek

Celtic ace Jota savours first goal as he credits team-mates for his strong start to life in Scottish football

LOAN star Jota has described the feeling of hitting his first Celtic goal as “unbelievable”.

The Benfica ace drilled past Raith Rovers No 1 Jamie MacDonald on Thursday as the Hoops eased into the last four of the Premier Sports Cup.

The 22-year-old had another shot saved by MacDonald — but saw the rebound headed home by Liel Abada.

It was an impressive contribution which earned Jota the man-of-the- match award.

He said: “It was an unbelievable feeling to score. I was really hoping for this to happen and fortunately it did for me on Thursday.

“I’m really happy. The lads have been helping me a lot, and now I’m looking forward to doing more.

“I’ve been here for two or three weeks and the process has been amazing. They are so welcoming.

“Game by game we are learning with each other.

“There are plenty of new players, we just need to fit in, trust the process and deliver game after game — and I think we’re doing that.”

Celts will now take on holders St Johnstone in the Premier Sports Cup semi-final at Hampden on the weekend of November 20/21.

Jota added: “It was our aim to go through to the next round.

“But now our focus is on Sunday for the league game, and then the Europa League game.

“It’s step by step. We can’t look too far forward.

“The most important thing was that I helped the team with the goal, and then the celebration just came naturally.”

Getting on the scoresheet so early in his Hoops career has undoubtedly eased a bit of the pressure on the winger.

But Jota said: “I don’t think that’s the most important thing.

“First it’s the team, then the victories and the process. The rest will then come easily.

“Of course, the atmosphere with the fans will help. If we play good football, if we deliver the results, for sure they will be with us.

“That is what we are hoping for. We work every day to do that and we are hoping for a lot more.”

Meanwhile, Jota is happy with life in Glasgow after arriving from Portugal in the summer. The winger is at Parkhead for the rest of the season.

A fee — believed to be £6.4million — has been fixed with Benfica for a possible permanent transfer next summer.

Jota’s early displays have been encouraging, and based on those, he could prove himself well worth the outlay.

Asked for his first impressions of Scottish football, the Lisbon-born youngster added: “Football is universal. I came here to play football and this team plays football.

“Of course, there are plenty of differences between the places I’ve been like last year in Spain, or in Portugal the last few years.

“But I just need to adapt and enjoy the football.

“I think you guys here enjoy football a lot. I was hoping for something like that, so I’m very happy to be here.”

On the Parkhead atmosphere, he said: “It’s amazing, eh? I really like it. The atmosphere is very good.

“Everything that people have told me about Celtic has come true, and I just want to enjoy it as much as I can.”

He is puzzled by the Hoops’ awful away form, which has seen them lose SIX times on the road.

They have been beaten at Hearts, Rangers and Livingston, as well as on their European adventures, since Ange Postecoglou took charge.

Asked why that might be, Jota added: “I’ve been here for only three weeks, and we have a good record at home.

“We just look at it game by game and try to do our best.

“So we go to the next game trying to put into practice what we have done in training.

“We have to stick together and fight for each other to deliver the result.”

On facing Saints in a Hampden semi-final, Jota said: “We’re not thinking about that right now.

“We have a game on Sunday, so we will just try to recover in these next two or three days and then think about that game.

“Then it will be the Europa League, so it’s step by step.”

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member