1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Josip Juranovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by GavCFC1, Aug 21, 2021.

Discuss Josip Juranovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

At the end of the day I’m happy for him to go for £15m - £20m if it means we spend that amount on transfers.

No one would’ve anticipated an offer like that this summer for anyone so it’s a free hit to invest in the squad and ensure 3-4 title wins, and the subsequent champions league qualifications that should entail.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    We won’t get more than we did for Tierney, the age he is will * that.

3. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Yes and no.

You need to cross reference that with how the player reacts.

If he’s going to be * off at us denying him a move of a lifetime, and half arses it, then he’ll be worth much less than £17million next year I can assure you.

Bearing in mind a huge selling point for joining us for foreign players is the ability to use us as a stepping stone, and I can guarantee the board will be hammering home that point to potential targets at all times.

They’ll be doing it as we speak with Bernabei and Vinicius Souza.

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Happy with this stance.

Huge for me would be £25m. If we got offered near that with a month left of the window even I'd take it, sign a replacement and a * quality no8, CB and leave the rest for Ange in January/to continue funding the behind the scenes rebuild.

He's a great player and I like him but that would be too good to turn down for a 27 year old playing here.

5. JamesM09

I think all this will be for nothing though. I suspect Atletico will only want to pay a much smaller fee, like less than £10m.

There’s no way Juranovic could expect us to accept that kind of fee, but hopefully it would motivate him to keep playing well since he’s clearly appearing on radars.

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Exact way we should be approaching it. If * start offering £12m-£14m to unsettle him and try and make it prolonged and get him unsettled demanding a move, shut that down immediately.

craigtheceltic and Mr Shelby like this.
  7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    The other thing is a good world Cup and CL showing and he goes up even further. Then £25m becomes the standard.

8. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I keep hearing people say that, but look at what Atletico paid in July 2019 for Trippier who was 28 going on 29 in a few months. £19m for him. Last year Spurs paid £26m for the Brazilian RB Emerson. We own the Croatian RB on a 4 year deal. A good negotiator would do £25m+.

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye that’s the crux of it for me mate, if they come in with a serious offer - £20m odd, then I’d accept. Good money for his age and if we don’t accept it, his head will go down, naturally it would go down. Would take a special mentality not to.

But if we can say to him, look they offered £10m that’s * insulting for a player of your calibre, they’re at it. At that point everything goes our way. So it depends on the calibre of club, and money on offer. As obvious as that sounds.

JamesM09 likes this.
  10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    If he’s here after a good CL showing and a good World Cup showing then we can easily do that mate, easily. Right now, a lot of clubs will be thinking it’s more of a gamble.

11. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Jura isn’t going to half * it this year and put his position in the Croatian WC team in jeopardy. He’s not going to half * it in his chance to play in the Champions League. Not going to happen.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  12. Mr. Slippyfist

You would have said the same of Ajer, Christie, Edouard, Ntcham etc all putting their heart and soul into winning the 10, and getting themselves a move to a big club with that particular notch under their belts, but naw...

If Juranovic decides to chuck the towel in, he will.

If we get an offer of £20m I'd bite their hand off.

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  13. themouth1888

Would rather keep him but what annoys me about it all whether we get 5mil or 25mil we will spend 2mil on a replacement or say well we have Ralston and find some nobody to back him up.

If I thought we could get around 20mil and we would actively use a good part of the funds to reinvest I would drive him away myself

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ajer is the best example, because he ended up trying harder than anycunt his last season and was by far POTY for me. However, that attitude happened when we played AC Milan, who we denied him a move to, and Paolo Maldini who’s the technical director there came out and praised him, talked up why they liked him and talked up how good a club Celtic is for him as well. Then it was like a switch turned in his head, and it was the best season for us he had.

He gave him that impetus and desire back. Not us.

16. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

He could still be playing in the World Cup and Champions League on 5x his current wages.

Plus, our main selling point to players is the ability for exposure and the chance to move on.

If we’re telling players that when trying to convince them to sign then we have a duty to come to a consensus.

A £25million or * off stance serves no purpose and only alienates current players and potential future signings. We need to be a place where talented players want to come to forward their careers.

17. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    He had a very good Nations League. He’s not that big of a gamble.

Besides, Tony Ralston, you should be banned from this discussion because of your conflict of interest :56:

18. Mr. Slippyfist

Indeed.

It's not some new age thing this some footballers ending up with their heads down or worse when a move to a "big" club fails to materialise or is kyboshed by their current club.

I think - same as you - Juranovic would be the type a guy to take the nip.

Northerner likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    We haven't been linked with any RBs yet.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Hope he doesn't go/want to go just yet and that Atletico have another other target's lined up before him..

Think he'll have a massive season for us if he stays. Just one more ya wee *..