1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Josip Juranovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by GavCFC1, Aug 21, 2021.

Discuss Josip Juranovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Will he not still be starting for Croatia even if he’s a bit part player at a PL team? He’s seems to be starting and playing well for them all the time so I can’t see him getting dropped after moving to a bigger and better league. And tbh if he’s getting offered double the wages or more probably I doubt the WC comes into his mind.

2. Keano88

He was head and shoulders above the other candidates :fear:

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  3. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    A good World Cup and good CL displays and he will be worth far more than he is worth now; with 4 years left on his contract it makes no sense to sell him now - He will be sold at the end of next season; the Celtic board will be praying he doesnt suffer any serious injuries next season; provided he has a good season we can demand 20+ million considering he will still have 3 years left at the end of next season

Slap a £25 million fee on him now; if any EPL club are crazy enough to meet that then we have a decision to make

The Don likes this.
  4. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I think they still play a few boys who are older. The likes of Modric and Perisic still play but they're still class.

Brozovic and Kovacic are late 20s. (28 and 29)

The rest of the team are actually quite young. Pasalic is 26, Juranovic is 26, Sutalo, Erlic and Stanisic are early 20s. Caleta Car and Majer are also early 20s. Gvardiol is the same. A lot more youth coming through and playing for Croatia than Belgium right now.

5. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Each individual player and their situation with contract and their happiness will be different from one another, plus what team is targeting them and how much their willing to pay are also huge differences.

But ideally we get to a stage we move one big player on a season and sign 3 players in the jota or CCV ability and price bracket and hopefully bring a 4th on loan with potential sell on fee agreed.

That model could see us winning leagues regularly but also competitive in champions league group games.

I trust Ange to sign them 4 players each season with a decent budget and accepting we lose a big player each year as part of the process along with our European money.

But on to now and this window. I believe only JJ, Cal Mac and Kyogo are the only 15m plus players but with Ange, I believe he will continue to enhance the current crop, and with a good window this summer and a decent showing in the champions league and hopefully a good showing in the world Cup for some of our players, that model could be in full swing by next season.

We could have built this model under Rodgers to be fair, he knew we would lose big players regular enough, but where he and PL had their difference, brendan wanted to sell at the 20m bracket, and buy in the 7-10m bracket

6. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Abada and Jota are also £15m+ players. CCV will be by the end of the year.

7. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    I'm talking about this window

You might have a point with Abada though.

In this window Abada is the more sellable asset than JJ. I feel we could cope or replace Abada easier than JJ.

But as I said before I'd be hoping on only shifting the deadwood this window and build so we can afford to work towards that model for next season.

bhoy81 likes this.
  8. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I think he was quite right to expect that as well. He made the club £20m profit on Dembele and he really made us £25m profit on Tierney.

Ajax look as if they're going to make £100m in sales this window easily. You can bet they'll be putting close to £70m back into their playing squad.

I mean, Bergwijn looks to be the replacement for Antony and they'll be asking for £50m for him. Spending half their money on a replacement.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  9. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Abada's never £15 Million at the moment he's far too inconsistent; if he can show consistency next season then you'd be looking at over £15 million aye

10. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    If a 20yo put up the same performance in the championship they’d be off for £15m to the premier league. As far as goal contributions, he came second in the whole European continent for players 20yo or younger. His national team performances were excellent this summer.

Underrated.

11. Gerry1972 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Romano puts out a throw away tweet with no shred of substance to it and the media in Scotland go into overdrive on it.

SMSM would have been delighted to write another negative story next to their made up Celtic transfer stories followed by a 'Celtic Snubbed' headline.

I am relaxed about this.

12. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
  13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Contrast in these posts is brilliant

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic have received no bids for Josip Juranovic.

Juranovic was recently the subject of strong speculation when transfer guru Fabrizio Romano revealed the right-back is "expected" to leave Parkhead this summer. The defender, who joined from Legia Warsaw last season, is believed to be valued at more than £15million and despite interest in the player there have been no clubs stepping forward to meet the Hoops' valuation of their key defender with Champions League football available to Juranovic and his teammates this season coming.

Romano claimed Premier League clubs are interested in the Croatian following an impressive campaign for both club and country but Football Scotland understands that while clubs are monitoring his progress there have been no moves for the full-back who played 53 times last season in all competitions for both Celts and the Croatian national team. He also scored six goals in his maiden season as a Celtic player.

The interest speculation comes as the Scottish champions gear up for the Premiership season ahead with the group stages of Europe's top tournament already secured thanks to their title winning year last time out.

Juranovic, 26, has only played Europa League football under Ange Postecoglou and is believed to be excited about the prospect of challenging Europe's elite when the competition kicks off.

The lack of movement at this time is not to say there will not be bids for Juranovic in future but sources close to the club have told how there has been no concrete offers thus far.

It was reported previously that Brendan Rodgers' Leicester City were looking at Juranovic but nothing came from that back in February

17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I'm telling you his agents a *

stew37, craigtheceltic and honda like this.
  18. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

We need him next season. Every CL winning team since 2012 has had a Croat in the squad.

Let's get it :ange:

AussieGreek likes this.
  19. DonnyCelt

Scottish Hun headline says Juranovic has had his head turned by EPL interest.

Then you read the article and it's that hun * McLeish spouting *.

20. wulliebad

This would be a right kick in the baws,just when we are starting to build a team we look like losing a part of it....* sky and its money.