1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Josip Juranovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by GavCFC1, Aug 21, 2021.

Discuss Josip Juranovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

2. JamesM09

* this man.

It would need to be silly money to sell him. Like £25m minimum.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    From a board point of view it wouldn't make any sense to sell him for £15m. They are trying to push up the fees we are getting for our players year on year, so to go from selling a player like Ajer, who had 1 year left on his contract and was desperate to move, for £13+m to a situation where we have a player on a long term contract and hold all the cards in the negotiations we are only going to ask for £1.5m more?

They would effectively be devaluing any future sales, so it would be extremely unlikely they would look at that as a good piece of business.

4. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    No ideal on the penalty kick taker front either - genuinely wouldn’t have much confidence in anyone else taking a penalty in the team.

Some good finishers in the team but far too many of them are emotive. Crucial thing for a penalty kick taker is to be incredibly calm.

Liam Scales and Dublin Celt like this.
  5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    It’s the age mate. We usually get fees on potential more than how good they are at this minute. It’s how good they are at a young age. Juranovic is just entering his peak years. If he was 22/23 it’d be a different story, if we wait for his contract to get to that stage like we did Ajer, he’ll just be turning 29.

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Got a weird thing about not liking left footed penalty takers but I reckon O’Riley would be outstanding at them as well.

7. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    He is at peak age but I still believe JJ has more improvement in him. Next 6 months could be massive for him development wise here. I honestly don’t want him gone, but if it meant us going and buying Souza with an offer they can’t refuse, I’m tempted. Note: tempted.

Weirdly I read an article the other day about Ramsay being loaned here by Liverpool, I thought at the time, what a load of pish we already have 2 RB’s who are better. Maybe there’s something in all this.

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Not seen that about Ramsay, that’s quite interesting actually. Juranovic can improve massively in a few areas, crossing, finishing and playing a cutthroat pass are the major ones for me. I think he has the ability to do that as well so he can develop a lot more, because he has the sort of ability to do that but he’s not shown it with us so far. 2 assists and 0 goals from open play this season and he’s had the chances to show he can do it.

But he also might be all the player he’ll ever be by this age and experience. That’s a cracking player for us regardless, but if he adds it in to his game and shows it in the CL and shows it in a World Cup along with everything he brings just now? Then he’s a ridiculous player.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  9. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    ”At this stage, it is unerstood the German manager is not considering sending him immediately back out on loan, even though Rangers, Celtic and a host of Championship clubs are reportedly interested. Liverpool see him developing into a player who can operate in a number of positions on the right side, in defence and midfield, and were attracted to his passing range as well as an ability to create chances.”

Full article here:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-calvin-ramsay-27252565

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That reads like lazy journalism to me, putting Rangers into that as well moreso than anything, a young loan player will never displace there captain who’s probably their most dangerous player.

And changing positions for him as well, he’s never tried it with Alexander-Arnold who’s passing is up there with the best in the world, never moved him to try and get that ability into midfield. Klopp doesn’t tend to * about with players positions.

11. ynwa1987

Juranavic is quite an emotional player he wears his heart on his sleeve. I think hes just good at penaltys

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye after his panenka against Bayer Leverkusen he got cocky as * and was horrendous for 20 odd minutes after that on the ball because he thought he was * hot :56:

Might be one of the worst performances he’s had for us that game, but the penalty was balls of steel. Kept running into players convinced he’d skin them :56:

13. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If it’s English Premier League clubs looking to buy him, I’d be trying to get a minimum of £30million. I’m not saying he’s worth that, but they pay stupid fees, we have only had him a season and he has a long contract and we’re losing one of our best players for a champions league campaign who will be difficult to replace.

Rydo1888* and craigtheceltic like this.
  14. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    That’s why I thought it was pish :50:

15. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

came in for the Jota announcement and see this, fuuuuck :48:

16. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

5 million alone just fir his penalties

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  17. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

He’s a great player and it’s probably his international form that has him well recognised by the big clubs. Doesn’t get the numbers assists wise you’d expect from a Celtic right back but would still rather he stayed. But if we get offered £15m then we aren’t turning it down.

18. stevoEOS

He’s a proven 1st choice internationalist for a top side and is just about to enter the peak of his career. If £25m is getting banded about for Bassey, we better turn down £15m. I’d be raging if we sold him for that.

bobs1974, craigtheceltic and Mr Hoopy like this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He’s no being sold * sake

Worrying over * all

:56::50:

bobs1974 and JC Anton like this.
  20. Mr Hoopy

Folk talking about £15m if we were to sell - come on. Surely if Bassey has a £25m price tag we should be demanding similar money for a far better player :39:

bobs1974 and craigtheceltic like this.