1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jorge Benguche

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CountyDownFaithful, Jun 15, 2020.

Discuss Jorge Benguche in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CountyDownFaithful

According to a piece of the Daily Record website, we have been credited with an interest in Jorge Benguche. 24 year old Hondurian international striker.

2. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Not sure about that mate, looks all wrong to me.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I've watched him before on YouTube big unit..

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

A Honduran newspaper has linked Celtic with rising striker Jorge Benguche.

The 24-year-old has been capped three times for Honduras and scored a double on his debut for the national side against Puerto Rico

He plays domestic football in his homeland for Club Deportivo Olimpia, with 33 goals since joining the team in 2016.

One of Benguche's most important goals for the club came in March when he struck what turned out to be the winner against Thierry Henry's MLS side Montreal Impact in the CONCACAF Champions League.

In the story from La Prensa, Serie A side Cagliari and Portuguese team Belenenses have also been credited with an interest.

And his exploits against Montreal and Seattle Sounders in the previous round also has teams in the American top flight on notice.

With Odsonne Edouard and Leigh Griffiths currently Neil Lennon's preferred options up top plus Patryk Klimala and Vakoun Issouf Bayo in reserve, Benguche would have a job on his hands to get into the first team.

But national team legend Gilberto Yearwood, who played in the country’s first ever World Cup, is also quoted in the article and he claims the attacker can make it in Europe.

Yearwood said: "He shouldn’t be scared. He simply needs to demonstrate all the qualities he has on the pitch.

"I have no doubt he will play in Europe."

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Sin

So to recap, he's 24 and scored 33 goals in 4 years ......

The_Bhoy likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. CountyDownFaithful

No prizes for guessing who Paul’s source is

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

No even gonna give out clues.

:38:

10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Izzy

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Why would Izzy from the post office know about transfers.

:56:

12. CountyDownFaithful

Future doesn’t look bright for Bayo or Klimala if we are planning on bringing another striker in

13. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I could actually see us bringing two strikers in, Bayo will 100% be sold and Klimala probably loaned out.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We'll be playing with 2 up a lot next season so I can easily see at east 4 strikers being required..

15. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Paul the tim has played with both?

16. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    If we are not selling eddy. With how well griff and eddy’s partnership was before the end of the season. What top level striker is gonna want to come to us to sit on the bench? None. And why does anyone want us to spend £4 mil+ on a new striker to sit on the bench...klimala, bayo, afolabi (Probably needs another loan) are good enough back ups and cost good money themselves, don’t want us wasting more money

C Tully likes this.
  17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Looks like a unit, but doesn't exactly have an amazing record in, what I assume, isn't a league of the highest standard.

If we're signing another striker, it can't be yet another punt like Bayo or Klimala. Someone like Weismann fits the bill perfectly.

JamesM09 and The_Bhoy like this.
  18. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Weismann outta our league now signing wise. That’s a player that’s done too well to sign for us haha he’ll be in Germany or England next year

19. Foley1888

I would imagine Lenny will have reached out to Izzy for the lowdown on him if we are seriously interested. I do question the quality that he is currently playing at but the fact he scored against Montreal Impact in the CONCACAF Champions league is a positive.

He looks a unit of a guy, really powerful and no slouch either, scores some good headers and decent finishes. He does have something about him that our other strikers, maybe apart from Bayo but not seen enough of him, have given his physical presence and the ability to back in and tie up defenders. I also like he seems to have that instinct of following in our peeling off into space in the box based on the videos.

If we were selling Bayo and this guy was available for less than £1m, he could be an interesting option to bring in alongside Griff, Klimala and Eddy. Just as long as he is not a replacement for Eddy. the last 24 year old guy we bought straight from Honduras turned out a good piece of business. Its a pity there isn't a 24 year old Izzy kicking about that league just now as he would have been ideal to occupy our left wing back position.

20. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Tony watt scored against Barca, one goal against good opposition doesn’t really mean too much overall. Us signing this guy would be stupid regardless of other outgoings or incomings in our team; he won’t improve us at all

saltire78 likes this.