1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Jordan Rhodes

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Cheese - Burger, Nov 15, 2011.

Discuss Jordan Rhodes in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Innes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!!
    Would love to see us make a cheeky bid on Thursday to test the water, maybe £3-4m and if it gets refused he might just hand in a transfer request to try and push through a move to us. You never know, he is a Celtic fan and we should by then know that we are in the Champions League so Huddersfield might just want to cash in instead of having an unhappy player in their ranks. And being so close to the end of the window, they might just take what they can get for him.

Easier said than done I know but this wee guy is so good it has to be worth a shot. At least this is what I would do. Realistically though...doubt it very much.

If we really do have no chance of getting him then we should defo go for Johnny Russell instead.

2. Terrier Tims

Gonna be a long week is this one!! Still think he'll be a Town player come the end of the transfer window though. Just can't see anyone offering the £8mill we want. Didn't look 100% fit yesterday tbh, in fact he probably only had about 10 touches all game, hit the bar with one great header and scored a well taken goal. Even if he's not involved he's always likely to pop up with one. Roll on 1st of Sept!!

(oh and there's no chance he'll go to Blackburn)

3. Jonybhoy

I think hes a decent player but * paying 8 mil for a player untested at the highest level , its a stupid amount of money considering we've just punted an international for less. No more than 4 mil with add ons for goals ,games and making cl next season ,like I said good player but the english market is a joke

4. archy1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Did anyone see the story on KDS about the girl who claimed to have pulled Wanyama last week? She said he was out "showing his friend around Glasgow", and the friend was a tall guy who played for Huddersfield.

Think it's probably a load of * cause to be honest, the name Jordan is easier to remember than the fact he plays for Huddersfield, so it's an odd detail to stick in her memory, but I guess you never know.

I doubt we'll sign him but if we do, it's a pretty big statement of intent from the board.

5. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

best ever. what a load of * that story is

6. Coybig

Victor Wanyama was showing Jordan Rhodes around Glasgow. :97:
    What :56::56:

7. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    What time do the English and Scottish transfer windows close? Seem to recall the English one closes an hour or so earlier.

If and it's big IF he does come here it won't be because we are meeting the alleged £8 million asking price.

8. The The Hand

8 million :56:

Can see him having to run down his contract at Huddersfield if they are even halfway serious about that...

9. Davybhoy

Let's face it here, Huddersfield definitely don't care about the money. They can't buy another striker with the amount of money that Celtic would give them for Rhodes without sacrificing quality. Rhodes is a cracking striker and Huddersfield know it better than anyone. They don't seem like they're interested in selling, perhaps, their best player and who can blame them?

I'd like to see Rhodes up north but I just don't get the feeling that Celtic are willing to part with the cash to land him. This is especially true if the fee of £8 million is correct. There is absolutely no way that we can afford him. In fact, I doubt he is even worth that amount of money.

Honestly, I don't see this one going through.

10. marco1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean south
    Does anyone seriously think Rhodes will be here come the end of the transfer window cos I would love it but not for 8 million I would rather see young watt get a game .

11. Kutek

Do i think he would come = Yes, he's already stated that he would love to play for us.
    Do i think he will be here = No, we simply can not afford 6-8 million on one player

12. marco1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean south
    I think young watt given enough game time could be as prolific as Rhodes

13. shendr18

Think rhodes is like commons. And with commons in good form i think the two of them would play well together taking shots all over the place

14. Roskopicachu

Rhodes will end up in the premiership. I'm surprised he's not their already. Guy really deserves to be playing at a higher level. Maybe in the future we'll have that kind of money, but not right now. £8 million would buy us Otsu, Henriksen, Ambrose and maybe Johnny Russell at a push.

But it would be wonderful to see him in the hoops!!!

15. Damnati

Like Commons?

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    how is he like Commons? :97:

Anyway, he is not worth 8million and we wont pay 8 million (obviously). Highest I would go is about 5 million. Can see him staying at huddersfield tbh,thats if they are being deadly serious about his price tag, cannot see many teams willing to pay that?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2012
  17. TheZacDaddy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!
    Absolutely!

There's no way we'll spend £8m on a single player!!!

Hence my 'won't happen though' at the end of the post...

:icon_mrgreen:

18. Markybhoy

I honestly can't believe there are still people who think we are going to sign him. :56: I would have thought what Neil Lennon said the other day would have put this subject to bed once and for all.

It ain't happening.

19. Celtic abu

Far too much money for potential

Move on

20. CelticDubGary

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    Blackburn back in for rhodes. Hope we go after him and get him after we win tonight, give them murphy, mccourt and wilson plus a 1million and deal will be done.

:shamrock: COME ON YOU BHOYS IN GREEN :shamrock:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.