1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jordan Larsson

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Jul 8, 2022.

Discuss Jordan Larsson in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keano88

Wee Mmaaesy the only person similar linked so far isn’t he.

I hate that it’s all went so quiet since Souza. I really thought we’d pull the trigger on another DM in the days following the collapse of the Souza deal.

Mark Lawwell Out!

davidhannah likes this.
  2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Bit of patience required now i think.

Seen how it swings. Last week the Huns hadn't signed anyone. Now on the verge of their 4th in a week or so.

It can ramp up quite quickly and I've no doubt we are making sure we get the right people in.

3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Said it before, but it wouldn't shock me if a CB/Attacking player come later in the window. Need to shift Jullien and AJeti first, potentially Mikey Johnston too.

CDM should come before July surely.

4. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Don't think Ange has any interest in him personally. Also I reckon hed be happy to avoid all the media coverage that would go with it.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

5. Keano88

Looks that way.

3 weeks to the new season so hopefully get a CB and DM in within the next week to 10 days.

As @HTG says though probably need to shift Jullien first to get another CB in.

Attacker isn’t as urgent a need so maybe we hold off a bit and see what opportunities arise. Maybe a high quality Jota type loan if it’s not Mmaee or Larsson.

6. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

As much as I’d love it, as I think the boy has the ability to play for us(and who knows what would happen, his da was a similar age) don’t think Ange would want the distraction.

Dublin Celt and martin_d like this.
  7. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Called it a week and half ago the very larsson sends shivers down their spines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Wanted Jordan Larsson is weighing up three contract offers ahead but Celtic have not tabled an offer for Henrik's son, according to a report in Sweden.

Larsson Jr is a free agent as the son of the Parkhead icon leaves Spartak with his contract ripped up following Russia's invasion of Ukraine back in June. He impressed in the Russian top flight netting an impressive 26 goals his first 62 appearances before returning to Sweden on loan with title challengers AIK during a three-month loan spell, but has been training with Swedish fourth division side Högaborgs BK while he weighs up his options.

A move to the Scottish Premiershipchampions caught the imagination of Parkhead supporters given the mark Larsson Sr left on Glasgow's east end, but a deal appears a non starter. Aftonbladet report that Ange Postecoglou 's men have not put forward an option to the frontman, and will not be offered the chance to follow in his father's footsteps this summer.

Kyogo Furuhashi, Giorgios Giakoumakis, Daizen Maeda and Albian Ajeti offer plenty of depth to the central striker role for the Scottish Premiership champions. The Celtic boss appears to be focussed on clearing out the squad rather than adding at this stage in the window.

While Nottingham Forest and Olympiacos have reportedly been considering FC Basel, Galatasaray and RCD Mallorca are the three clubs Larsson is reportedly considering with his representatives. Former clubs AIK also reportedly made contract over a move but were priced out.

9. celtic warrior

I mean for him...Basel or Mallorca may not be bad moves...one is a incredibly strong league in La Liga and the other is a probably one of the strongest club names known when people think of Switzerland domestic game.

Both in their own rights could offer could exposure to maybe get one final big move in his career by time he's 27/28

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  10. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Larsson, is not coming to us , the pressure is to much ,free or no free.

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Lifestyle wise Real Mallorca is a dream move, but they're absolutely jobbies.

Honestly think Ryan Mmaee or someone with his profile is what we need more than Larsson. But I'd ofc still take him. Just cos.

EKCelt and celtic warrior like this.
  12. celtic warrior

The idea of him coming here is/was amazing and I'd have loved him here with the understanding I'd not be expecting him to be anywhere near at all to his dad and have argued he'd have been a great player for us in his own right.

But what the media and everyone outside celtic would be like would be unbearable to live to with as well as, there would still be a small section of clueless celtic supporters inexplicably expecting him to be exactly like his dad and post equally outrageous numbers.

13. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    Pressure comes with being at a big club expected to win every week anyway and there will always be supporters out there getting on players backs if there not performing etc or even if they are in Greg Taylors case. He's easy got enough quality for us and would be a great signing commercially too imo,

Sadly doesn't look like its happening but I'd be dissapointed if we brought in Haksabanovic who has had a similar career path also through the Swedish unders and Larsson has shown himself to be a better player.

The_Bhoy, Bonobhoy and martin_d like this.
  14. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Honestly, the pressure that would come with the name (and the potential disruption that could theoretically maybe cause for Ange) would be the only reason I could see for us not signing him.

If we were really deep in the forward positions and had one or two skilful, left-footed wingers with goals in them, I could understand us saying we don’t need him.

But the fact is he’s pretty much exactly the profile of player we’re missing in our attack. Given his knowledge of the club’s culture and expectations, and the fact that he’s on a free, I honestly don’t see it being a high-risk signing.

It’s hardly going to blacken the Larsson name if he comes here and it doesn’t work out. His dad’s status and relationship with us as the fans ensures that that could never happen.

Weigh that up against shirt sales, etc, and then the possibility that he does well and can be sold on for pure profit, having arrived on a free.

I’m all for ‘in Ange we trust’, but I’m sorry, if he doesn’t want to at least ask the question, it’s a pretty unwise managerial decision, imo - unless he’s got reason to believe the lad has a bad attitude or something else we’re not privy to.

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly. The worst that could happen is he's no as good as his dad and we all got to see his dad in the stands more.

16. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Sportbladet in Sweden wrote that Basel is interested in him as well. * better free us from Ajeti :84:

17. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's probably more a case of Ange foreseeing the absolute circus that would surround it, and it being a possible source of disruption to the harmony he's creating in the squad.

It's a matter of weighing up the pros and cons. Is Jordan just THAT GOOD that it's worth all the * that would come with it? Or can we find a player with equal or superior ability that would have the head space to settle into the squad?

For me it's just not worth it, and I can almost guarantee we will find someone who will come in and absolutely smash it for us.

18. GavCFC1

19. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Thank *. Ends the speculation for now

20. Keano88

Boooooooooooooo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.