1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jordan Larsson

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Cmcgregor90, May 12, 2013.

Discuss Jordan Larsson in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gil-Scott Heron

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    [​IMG]

2. Celticswede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fixed that for you.

3. kenyan_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    who Dat?

4. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Paul Dalglish

5. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    This young boy will never pull on a Celtic shirt unless he is *

6. Captain_Mjällby

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Maj
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Jordan Larsson just made his debut for Helsingborg in the swedish first league. ONly 17 years old walking in his dads footsteps...

7. ulsterscot

Is Frank Lampard the son of Jordi Cruff ?

8. joemc

Slideshow: Click to start

1/3
    HELSINGBORG. genes of course.
    But so much more, he has not been free of his father.
    - Dad has absolutely shown no "mercy" against me, says Jordan Larsson.

FACTS
    Jordan Larsson
    Born: 27 June 1997.
    Height / weight: 175 cm/69 kg.
    Lives: Helsingborg.
    Family: Father Henry, Mother Magdalena, sister Janelle.
    Make: Starting third year at four-year high school football.
    First club: Högaborg.
    Jersey number: 18.
    Caps: 15 boys' caps.
    Current: The terminals in squad for Helsingborgs premier league match against Orebro.
    Last Thursday was Jordan Larsson ready for Helsingborgs IF.
    Today, the newly crowned 17-year-old debut at Olympia in the Allsvenskan against Orebro if he gets to do a cameo.
    Already a year ago asked Sportbladet on a longer interview with Larsson, then in Högaborg in division two, and contacted his father Henry. But after a couple of days to think it reappeared Henry with a no.
    And when Sportbladet captures Larsson Jr. immediately after yesterday's match preparatory training with HIF he is at first a little hesitant and wondering what to talk about.
    But pretty soon "soften" Jordan and we get the first long interview with him.
    How does it feel to be here "for real" now?
    - It's nice that it's finally finished, it has been in the works for a while.
    He has played in her father's home club Högaborg in Division Two until now but trained with a HIF-twice a week during the spring.
    You have longed?
    - Yes, of course. My ambition is to be here and develop as a player.
    What can you contribute?
    - In the club we have big forwards so maybe I can help the team with my offensive game. I'm young ... nimble feet ... but I do not want to talk about myself so much that way.
    "Do not drop out of school"
    You have no driver's license - what gets you to the training sessions?
    - It's the bus that comes. Mom and dad do not drive me.
    They do not?
    - No, that's clear.
    But there's no team you can get a ride in?
    - Crisse lives nearby so he picks me up sometimes when he sees me at the bus stop. Otherwise it is the bus.
    In a few weeks he starts third grade at fotbollsgymnasiet.
    - Since I started school abroad then I will go with those who are a year older. Upper secondary education is four years.
    Will you be able to complete it now?
    - I must have a talk with the school and see how I'll plan it for quite often we have two training sessions a day. So it will be tough to find time to be at school. But I will try to manage it from home in some way because I can not drop out of school for mom and dad.
    It makes you not?
    - No, but I want to also have an education I would not succeed in football. It's hard bid with the school, smiling Larsson.
    He was born the same summer (1997) as Henke joined from Feyenoord to Celtic and lived his first seven years in Scotland before I moved to Barcelona in 2004 for two years. Then sat the family down in Helsingborg in 2006.
    Had brought a ball everywhere
    When you have grown up abroad - have you played in the clubs that your father represented?
    - In Scotland, I'm not in any club but it was more like a recreation center where we had fun and played. But I always had with me a ball wherever I went.
    - When we arrived in Barcelona, ​​I actually played in their youth academy. It was very good and very professional even at that age.
    Are there any old team mate who had entered their a squad already?
    - No, not that I know of. I do not have contact with any of them either, but I would not recognize their names.
    Are you talking in Spanish?
    - I went to English school there too so it was a bit in training and I had some Spanish in school, but nothing advanced.
    When Dad was at Manchester United were not you agree?
    - No, when we were just over and greeted as there was about more than three months.
    Has been tough rules
    It will be a major focus on now, not least the media - how are you thinking about it?
    - I do not talk much with the media until I have done something. I've just come to the club and not played any games or do anything on the pitch.
    But playing in the boy's team (15 caps)?
    - Yes, but I still have not proven anything so I will not talk too much.
    I understand that my dad has been quite hard on you when you played ball when you grew up?
    - Clearly. Dad has certainly shown no "mercy" against me. He has only driven on, says Jordan with a smile.
    - When for example, we have run the "pig" it's been tough rules. But it is good for man to develop the that way.
    - My parents have never let me win, but always made me fight to win. Nothing is free in life. You have to fight for everything no matter where you come from or what background you have. They have always driven me.
    "Was so * sour afterwards"
    But not everyone has a dad who is one of the best of all time - it must have been tough to beat him, especially when you were little?
    - I've only won once or twice and when I say it so he just says "I do not remember, I just remember the times I won."
    I have also heard about a beach football game on Mauritius that you and a friend lost to dad and Henrik Johnsson (television profile, married to Malin Baryard) then your dad said "In your face!"
    - The yea ... We drove the best of three games and they won it critical. I was so * sour afterwards. I hate to lose, that's the worst there is.
    And have you gotten from ...
    - ... My dad.
    "Dad taught me everything ..."
    On October 20 meeting Falkenberg-Helsingborg - how does the talking at home then?
    - If I may be in the squad and maybe jump in, it's clear that my dad will be happy for me. Of course it would have been fun to meet my dad's team. However, we shall take a while.
    But you will be able to stay at home the night before?
    - Yes, absolutely.
    But you have to expect some mind games at the breakfast table?
    - Yeah, maybe so. But I'm used to, so there is no danger.
    What has your dad taught you?
    - Everything I know about football. Ever since I was little, he always talked to me after the matches. Have I done any good, he said it was good but I could do it and the better and focus on that and that. I have brought with me to every game and practice. He has developed me very much.
    - As we sit at home and watch football so he can ask, "Did you see what he did there?" Then I'll try to resolve the situation.
    Low hearing almost?
    - Yes, I have learned a lot from him and I'm glad I had him as a mentor as well.
    Always fought for the football
    Was it clear that it would be soccer to you?
    - Yes, ever since I was little I have been running around with a ball and played. I've known ever since I was very young that it was what I wanted to do. But then it is very difficult to succeed. That's how many millions of people who would like to become a footballer and many are good too. But that's what I always wanted to be and struggled.
    Have you been involved in any other sports?
    - I have played hockey and tennis and went on karate.
    But football has always been number one?
    - Yes, it has been.
    Have you ever wished that you, the football context, had had a father with a different name?
    - No, my dad will always be my dad and I'm very happy that I have him. That he played football is so much fun and I have always been and looked at him. But I grew up with it and with people always talking about it.
    - Had it been the case that my dad became famous overnight, out of nowhere, it might have been tougher. but this is normal for me, so it's no problem.
    Suddenly shouts coach Roar Hansen from the bench he was sitting on a few feet away:
    - Jordan! You are a part tomorrow!
    - Thank you! Glad to hear, says Jordan and splits into another smile.
    Checking out Dad on Youtube
    Checking out my dad's old matches and goals sometime?
    - Sometimes I do, actually. I go onto Youtube and check when he came in for Barcelona against Arsenal in the Champions League final in 2006., It is how big any time. It is a dream for me also to win the Champions League. That he came in and decided there is absolutely sick. Completely crazy!
    You were there?
    - Yes, I was in the finals and remember it well.
    Is that what's he done?
    - Yes, it's the biggest I've seen him do. Since he has come third in the World Cup so you'll have to choose what is greatest. But what I have seen live so is the Champions League final the greatest.
    Have you had the advantages or disadvantages in terms of football to be Henrik Larsson's son, you think?
    - The downside is suppose to be people trying to compare us and maybe have high expectations of me. Advantages I do not know ... some people think that I have advantages because he's my dad. But I am a common man and exactly like all the others who try to play football. Then is it that people talk a lot because he is my father but no, more than that I do not think it is, says Jordan Larsson.

Johan Flinck

9. joemc

Its a bit confusing when its translated but not to far off but changing from henrik to henry is a bit funny , hope it gives some update on his boy and he definitely not born with a silver spoon judging by the interview , good on him

10. Pacific Ocean Blue

Love the logic: Happy to see Watt go who has tons of potential, but would be happy to sign Jordan because his dad is Henrik, oh dear

11. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Yes

12. Murph-E

He looks stupid, grow some hair.

13. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Celtic chat? :smiley-laughing002: The kid never played for us.

14. Kevski

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul hartley
    The wee man scored 2 tonight in a 4-1 win

15. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    sign him up!!!

16. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player: