1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Park

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by holy pope, Oct 28, 2010.

Discuss John Park in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. KevMan

Just reading through the thread and on the first page I had to laugh at this :smiley-laughing002:

2. DannybhoyCFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown, Roberts, Dembele, Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe Mcdonnell, Grace
    Glad he didn't :56:

3. mightymcginn

Agree with you as I think he is the most talented youth player we've had for a while but with the likely addition of a creative player in january along with john herron being put on ahead of him at the weekend I would say that it would probably be for the best if we loaned him out for the rest of the season to a decent spl side so he can develop his game. He turns 20 this season so he needs to start getting more senior appearances under his belt and right now it seems as though lenny doesn't trust him.

4. UncleHo

All this McGeouch love is unfounded in my personal opinion. Yes he is a talent but do you really believe he is ready or deserves to break into an attacking force consisting of Forrest, Samaras, Commons, Hooper, Watt and Lassad? With Stokes returning too.

I look forward to his development but he is not ready to be thrown into a team with those players mentioned.

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I'm not advocating he waltzes into the first team.

He should be getting a few half hours here and there though.

He has shown up well any time he has played, including a great showing against Madrid.

He will be a star for us I'm sure of it.

6. Bunk Moreland

Agreed, I don't really get it either. When the league's won before the split I'm sure he'll get more game time but at the moment he's obviously just not at that level in Neil Lennon's eyes and since he sees him every day in training I'm inclined to agree with him.

7. michaelthetim

Mcgeouch much better player than John Herron

8. UncleHo

I used to agree Sean. I used to think he would be an excellent prospect. However, now I think he might go by the wayside.

He seems a decent prospect but I am less excited by him now than I was a year or two ago.

I hope I am wrong.

Cha - I totally agree. He is seen everyday by our youth development staff as well as our first team ones and if they are overlooking him, he is not ready/good enough at the moment.

However, time is ticking for young Dylan has other good prospects are starting to come through.

9. mightymcginn

agree with you from what i have seen of the two mcgeough seems to be the better player but he just isn't getting enough game time here for his development and it can't be a great sign that herron got on ahead of him at the weekend. If he starts making the bench every week and getting some more gametime then he should stay here but if he isn't getting games then it would be best for everyone if he went out on loan to a decent side in the spl.

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He only made his debut a year ago? Plus he is 19.

Time is not running out for him by any stretch.

11. michaelthetim

No better time than to give John Herron his debut 4 nil up Herron won't be first choice again before mcgeouch and McCourt was just a good time for Lennon to put him on

12. mightymcginn

Most people who like him as a player formed that opinion when watching the next gen games where he, watt, george, and twardzik all played excellently. He was the standout in that team imo and I don't believe it is any lack of ability that is holding him back just a lack of chances. Hes been hurt for quite a bit of this year which has limited the amount of games he has been in. At other times he has been on the bench for us but the first teamers can't get the job done so and lenny doesn't throw him on. Even sometimes when we are leading comfortably lenny will throw on players who have no future here like mccourt which really makes you scratch your head. If everyone was fit commons, forrest, and samaras would be ahead of him for the wide midfield positions but mcgeough should be the first or second option off the bench. His best position is central midfield and he could also be subbed on as a central midfielder if we need someone who can pick a pass or create something with the dribble. Four of the players you mentioned are strikers so they won't be direct competition for mcgeough although they may be competing for places on the bench.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2012
  13. UncleHo

I didnt say running out, I said ticking.

No one said he will not be a fist team player one day. I also watched the majority of the development squad and next gen games.

However, there is a step up in the standard of football in the SPL and Champions league than those matches. People are calling for his inclusion in the first team, I don't believe he is the answer.

I would much rather we brought in someone who is proven at a high level, using John Park obviously to improve the squad and help these young lads develop.

I struggle to see any players at the club for a youngster like McGeouch to look up to, or tutor from. We need someone in that position, with experience.

14. michaelthetim

Play mcgeouch more n he will get experience if he didn't break his jaw would have been playing from start of the season

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I think he would be good enough for the SPL. I have seen enough of him for the first team to confidently say that.

However the bolded bit of your quote is a pertinent point. We really could be doing with someone for the young man to be back up to, to learn from and attempt to emulate.

16. UncleHo

I don't think he would flourish with first team SPL matches for Celtic. I think the way clubs set up against Celtic, especially at park head would not allow someone like Dylan to flourish.

I personally think he needs a season on loan, Championship would be excellent.

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I think he would be great in the SPL. He has a fantastic first touch and really good close control, just what is required against packed defences.

Add to that an eye for a pass and he would excel at SPL level.

18. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

You'd think this was a thead about Dylan McGeouch lol.

I love the work John Park is doing at this club. I really hope we have him for many years to come. He's quite simply Priceless.

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I don't think you've seen much of him then, he's a player that excels in making just that bit of space for himself, wee touches, passes, beating a man, battling away. He would be playing far more if not for his broken jaw and leg injury this season.

20. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

sometimes the way he dribbles reminds me of Iniesta :smiley-laughing002: