1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John McAfee found dead in his cell.

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by packybhoy, Jun 23, 2021.

Discuss John McAfee found dead in his cell. in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    seanm, FCBarca and Artorias like this.
  2. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Case solved. Better close this thread now. :56:

seanm and packybhoy like this.
  3. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Ironic, He was always reminding me to beware of threats. !!!!!!!!!!

4. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Probably

5. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    Did he not have some tattoo done on himself saying that if he was found dead it wasn't suicide?

seanm and Slaw like this.
  6. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

seanm likes this.
  7. TimFloyd Gold Member

Anyone else apart from McAfee I would probably believe it.

But considering its him, in my opinion I think he knew long in advance if he ever gets extradited back to the US he was going to top himself.

And he is the only person crazy enough to plan all this and actually carry it out.

Go on a John McAfee YouTube rabbit hole, the guy was next level aff his nut lol

Liam Scales and carraigbhoy like this.
  8. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I agree he was a mad man but if a guy tells you he’s going to be murdered and if he “commits suicide” not to believe it.. and then he “commits suicide”.. ??

FCBarca and packybhoy like this.
  9. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Big corporations like Amazon, Apple Google etc evade tax and rightly get hammered for that, This individual does the same and he is lauded for being a free spirit/libertarian who stuck 2 figures up to 'the man' .. go figure.

A smart individual, who got away with murder it seems, who was a bit controversial it's safe to say, and who will now fuel many a dot joining theorists views... just what the world needs right now.

10. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Profits from cryptocurrency are essentially gambling proceeds. When they go down instead of up is (was) he to be reimbursed?

The law is the law I’m just pointing out the differences between himself and Google. He paid his fair tax from McAfee profits as far as I’m aware.

11. TimFloyd Gold Member

Touting your conspiracy that the government is going to kill you and frame it as suicide but then actually committing suicide is about the most John McAfee thing I can think of doing.

His posts recently....

The US believes I have hidden crypto. I wish I did but it has dissolved through the many hands of Team McAfee (your belief is not required), and my remaining assets are all seized. My friends evaporated through fear of association.

I have a million followers but I'd be surprised if even 1% bother to read my tweets.
    Ramblings of an old man lost in a near infinite Twitter verse - like tears in rain.
    As you may guess I'm having a down day.
    I have nothing.
    Yet, I regret nothing.

He has lost everything, assets sized, he knew he will be getting life in prison.

I see it as his one last trolling farewell.

May he find young hookers in heaven to * through a hammock into his mouth just like he done on earth

RIP

seanm likes this.
  12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Hahaha don’t get me wrong mate you could be right

13. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    His Anti-Virus software is absolute *.

14. scootz

He was a prime example of a narcissist.

The tattoo and the suicide were all part of the act.

Look at me everyone… even after I’m dead!

15. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Profits from investing in virtually any asset, I use asset loosley when talking about crypto, are subject to the tax regulations of the country involved. Granted taxing/tracking crypto is difficult, secretive/unregulated/not for the unwary, due to the nature of it/how invest but the good news is regulation is coming. So the cowboys/vested interests and folk who clearly haven't a clue will be held accountable/driven out thankfully. He is estimated to have made taxable gains on what he earned, as he chose to be paid in crypto he would be due tax on that as earned income, the fact they fell in value is irrelevant as it was earned taxable income (that he should have declared). This is basic stuff.
    Also whether he paid his fair share of tax at 1 point in life, Mcafee if he did even, does not mean he shouldn't/doesn't need to pay his fair share for other gains/income made later in life, again basic stuff.
    So there is no difference - they both evaded tax and therefore both deserve the same judgement.

One final thing, I'd look into the tax treatment of gambling compared to investment gains if I was you.

16. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Google have avoided tax, McAfee evaded it.

17. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Yea one is legal but questionable on ethics/morals and Corp good governance while the other is illegal. So you have now shot your own defence of him down, while making the likes of google etc look to be the good guys, or better at least, because they managed to avoid, potentially, 100's of millions in taxes.

18. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I’m well aware I’ve shot my defence of him down mate haha. I think John was happy to die (figuratively speaking. I don’t think he killed himself) on his sword in a battle against taxes.

I also don’t think there is anything unethical whatsoever about avoiding taxes. The laws are there and if you can find a way to play ball within the confines of the law it’s fair game. It’s not fair on the working man but it’s the law. Be mad at the lawmakers not Google.

19. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Well if that's correct he lost the war, as I'm sure they'll go for his estate.

I don't think I/we should drag this, further, off topic but your view on what is ethical/unethical, when it comes to paying tax, is becoming increasingly out of step with the majority of people - as the massive increase in interest in ESG issues /investing demonstrates.