1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kennedy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, May 15, 2016.

Discuss John Kennedy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Tomas

The players are definitely putting in more of a shift now. JK obviously has their respect and whilst not first choice as manager, he's still in place and will be part of ongoing set up.

moravcik1888 likes this.
  2. joemc

I agree , I also think its very bold to state were the best team in the country being this many points behind and the title nestled elsewhere, its wot we want to hear as fans and he has delivered very good after game analysis along with positivity to the team , there can be no room for egg on face with these comments,thats why I love the boldness of it and so will the media , fingers crossed for him and us wen the game goes .hail hail .

3. Maestro 08

I noticed some amount of activity and bodies in the dugout recently compared to Lennon left standing alone and everybody hiding in the background. Tells me something in Lennon's relationship with the staff wasn't quite right.

littlekennie likes this.
  4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

“Most” folks?

Posted 20 minutes after my post so I can assume I’m “most”?

Might want to have a check at my post history before your passive aggressive bullshit starts to spread.

5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I wanted rid of him as I have no idea what he does.

He does show he has a bit of a backbone though calling out the huns and apparently I'm desperate enough for anyone at the club to call out those * that I'd keep him on.

But only as a coach. Shouldn't be an assistant. The next head coach should be appointing his own staff but I can see them wanting to keep Kennedy for ease of transitioning.

cat123 and Sean Daleer like this.
  6. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    why would I check your post history?

You're a boring * :56:

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Well that was obvious for a while..

Kennedy and Lennon looked strained for age's. Lennon and certain player's looked strained and so many rumours..

I wouldn't give Kennedy too much credit. In my opinion at least a few player's had downed tool's under Lennon and he'd completely lost it under us..

All they've done is try a bit more but I wouldn't say it's because Kennedy is doing wonder's for them..

Kinda went away there was meant to respond to another post as well as this..

We couldn't get any worse basically. Lennon was sitting feet up at time's and openly telling us he couldn't get this team to defend set pieces..

I did notice the activity on the bench yesterday. Kennedy out. Strachan also and big Mick giving out instructions..

Peej, cat123 and Maestro 08 like this.
  8. Mr. Slippyfist

I've got a horrible feeling that if we beat der Hun next weekend and win the Scottish Cup, Kennedy will get the job.

Gavin Strachan will be assistant manager, and Stephen McManus will be 1st team coach.

:s:

cat123 likes this.
  9. ddub11

Agreed....but have to say just about all interviews/pressers are a waste.Same questions and the same answers every time,managers and players are trained what to say and journalist are afraid to ask the wrong questions,it drives me nuts listening to some of them.

On a brighter note when Ireland got beaten by Lux in their last game the manager and captain came out and said it was embarrassing and not acceptable and they made it clear any answer they gave was not an excuse for the poor result.

It was good to hear the manager/players giving an honest answer and not hiding behind trained answers. Remember the many times celtic had a poor result under lenny and he,d say he thought we played well and were just unlucky when we all knew we had been crap,it used to drive me mad thinking how he thought fans couldn't see the obvious.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    We’ve been working on set pieces. We’ve done a few routines and look like we have a slightly better grip when defending them as well. Not perfect by any manner at all but he’s working on our weaknesses.

And of course there was disconnect in the dug out, happens when you don’t allow a manager to bring his own team of guys in. That is a mistake that had better not be repeated.

Hammy89 likes this.
  11. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I actually think this could happen if we beat them comfortably. It's as if the board are laying down the story for us.

"We tried our best to get Eddie Howe but he wasn't interested."

I can almost write it. Don't get me wrong Kennedy is probably a good coach with massive potential but Celtic need to act in the face of losing a historic title and send a message of ambition.

12. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    100%. Apparently the players are absolutely loving Kennedys coaching sessions. Kennedy is highly rated within the game we need to be careful what we wish for.

cat123 likes this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye that's 2 game's recently we've tried corners off the training ground..

Why haven't we been trying them in game's before though when Kennedy and Strachan are hand's on in training? Weird..

There has been slight improvements but I wouldn't go overboard as it was at at literally rock bottom a couple of month's ago..

Hopefully pull a set piece off next week although I imagine the Huns maybe expect us to try something now..

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Kennedy and Strachan while coaches didn’t decide the schedules, didn’t decide what we do overall, coaches follow the general instructions of a manager.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    That is criminal if true..

I remember the likes of Griffiths for example praising Duff for pointers off the training ground that led to goals from set pieces and also other's and that under Lennon last year..

"Don't try a short one lad's. 2 arm's floater in for our only guy that can head a ball....trust me"..

16. Bonobhoy

Yep,couple of good results and * starting to forget a large amount of these * downed tools and lost us 10IAR.

Couldnt give a * if Howe is coming in or not,they * let us down as fans in our most important year regardless of whether they liked or disliked Lennon.

Forrest , Turnbull and Soro are the only free passes as they were injured or playing with full pride in every game.

We need drastic changes all over and Kennedy is one of them,along with Desmond, the * of a man.

2 down ( Lennon and Lawell) and more to go....then rebuild,all this late run pish isnt gonna make us forget this season.

17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    It's criminal that Lenny was allowed to continue for so long, every day he was in charge our title hopes ebbed away, the Board effectively threw away the season, disgusting.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Duff was the set piece guy, don’t know who had those duties this year but it was clearly the wrong choice.

Hammy89 likes this.
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Do you think it's from Kennedy these set pieces now or Strachan?

Incredible a club like us haven't tried anything out of the box for so long given the player's we have and we up against most week's..

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Well, might be Stephen McManus mate. He’s the new guy in there, and defending and attacking set pieces as a player was one of his biggest attributes. Who knows?

McChiellini.. likes this.