1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kennedy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, May 15, 2016.

Discuss John Kennedy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I think Eddie Howe is a big enough boy to decide for himself if he wants Kennedy around though. If he meets him, speaks with him and decides he likes and can use him, then he has a right to keep him on if he so chooses.

Westlondonscot likes this.
  2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Being a massive part of the coaching staff for a Quadruple Treble is a tad bit more than the square root of * all.

3. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Sorry, can't agree with that.

He piggy backed in Rodgers success, like he piggy backed on Lennon's disaster.

He's a complete non entity as far as I'm concerned and should have been shown the door after Ronny and Collins "left".

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    You disagree he was part of the coaching staff that won 4 Trebles in a row? Sound mate, highly disagree there but as much as you want him to have no success at all in his stint here, he has.

He was also part of a Lennon staff that won a Treble.

Westlondonscot likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Tomas

Whether you rate JK or not, he's impressive in a press conference. Appears comfortable and confident. As others have pointed out, he's been part of the huge success for a long time, obviously he's also been part of this seasons failings. I'd think he's still going to be part of the club moving forward.

7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    It wouldn’t surprise me if he is appointed full time if we don’t get our first choice manager option.

The board will spin it and fans will lap it up once again.

martin_d likes this.
  8. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    Not a chance
    Unless the board are happy to roll out the top tier banners then they need to realise Kennedy would drive fans away rather than galvanise us

9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    If he gets results like today they will spin it. I’m telling you.

10. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    I obviously want to see us win big every week.... But * I have the fear! Pls dont get the job JK

11. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    His interview was decent there. Shows a much more nuanced and analytical understanding of the game than Lennon did in his interviews.

Still, not ready for managers job full time.

12. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

HWG10GIAR

:ynwacelti

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    If he is manager next season then I won’t be there .

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He has absolutely knocked it out the park the last week. Put those rancid, racist * in their place and served up 6 goals today.

I think we might turn these * over next weekend. Big time.

Celtic Frost likes this.
  16. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    * me, here we go.

Kennedy duffs an absolute rancid Livi side and some fans are bent over about drop their pants whilst DD and Lawell stand behind them getting lubed up.

He's done NOTHING to merit a sniff at the job but some are so * desperate for a light at the end of the season their ready to spin it inside their own * heads.

Have performances improved? Obviously.

But he's playing the same personell, same tactics, same subs ffs. So logic indicates the players just downed tools in Lennon, not responding to some tactical shift from Kennedy.

Having a pop a slippy G and sevco earns you a pat on the back. Not the * managers chair in the dugout.

edit: I'm talking about * on twitter. "Most" folks on here are alot more intelligent. :notworthy

Rydo1888*, Peej and AdamRS like this.
  17. SuperZidane

I agree with that. I have nothing in particular against Kennedy but, if I was him, I wouldn't have any time for Lawwell.

If they were serious about giving Kennedy a shot - they should have dumped Lennon in November or no later than Christmas. Anyone (apart from Lawwell) who couldn't see that Lennon had lost the plot by then is living in a dream world.

If Kennedy had got a proper chance and got us playing again (even if it was too late for the league) - then I could have lived with giving him a chance next season.

However, while yesterday was the best 45 this season IMO, it hasn't been great so far under him and, frankly, its too short a time to make a proper judgement on him.

I'm afraid that, if they gave it to him, I would not purchase any club merchandise or renew with Celtic TV (I don't have a season ticket but I wouldn't renew if I did).

If Eddie Howe came in and retained Kennedy in some role - no problem (as long as it's Howe's decision!).

However, if Kennedy has managerial ambitions, he'll need to give it a go elsewhere (like Broony) and perhaps he'll end up back here one day.

I don't blame him - the board persisted with Lennon far too long and denied Kennedy a proper opportunity to make his case - another * up from Lawwell - I can't wait to see the back of him!

18. Maestro 08

Make no mistake, Kennedy wants the gig full time and he will be fighting his corner behind the scenes with the people who make the decisions. It might seem like a non starter to some but you need to bare in mind that JK has a lot of friends on the board and was being groomed for the top job all being well, this season has thrown an obvious spanner in the works but I wouldn't be overly surprised if he did get it.

19. joemc

I'm beginning to believe the wait now is all about giving Kennedy the chance to prove himself , we have 2 massive games against them c#nts ,both away and if he gets the 2 results you would have to think that he would be considered, so my thinking is he has this chance and that is why no one has been given the gig as such , but I dont think we have stood by and just waited , I think we have talked with others on the bases that they come in at the season end if it fails for jk , not that I'm looking for this to happen, I want the best we can get but I can't help being a little impressed by Kennedy in interviews if I'm honest .

20. Maestro 08

The game next weekend would be his big interview for it. If he wins he'll have momentum behind him. I genuinely think there's people behind the scenes who would love to give him it and they wouldn't need much encouragment.