1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kennedy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, May 15, 2016.

Discuss John Kennedy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Keano88

No danger he’ll give up the gig he’s got just now.

2. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Should take the hibs job, let ange get his own guys in

3. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

He should go. It's obvious he's seen as a Manager here in the future and the only way that'll be accepted is if he does a good job elsewhere

4. horseshoe

Think he'd be daft taking a job at hibs after seeing what's just happened with Maloney, with the people in charge there it's looking more and more like a poisoned chalice for any manager, nevermind someone making their first serious step up from coaching/assistant roles to go out on their own.

5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Hibs is a bad job for any first time manager. Too much expectation despite being a bunch of nobodies. Someone with experience could at least force their hand into getting some transfer freedom or at least bounce back from a bad job.
    I think you are better with a St Mirren or Ross County level team.

6. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Ange has never brought his own staff. He said that in some interviews. But if he brought someone im 100% sure that it would work out perfectly.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  7. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    I'm not a fan of Kennedy but he was absolutely right not to get that Hibs job. Probably his best decision in his career.

Saying he should go and take it now is absolutely stupid as they just fired a rookie manager after not even giving him a fair chance. Only desperate, failed manager will go there now. And they themselves said they want an experienced one. So no it won't be Kennedy. * media just recycling old articles.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  8. Maestro 08

Exactly. He's shown he made a shrewd decision. Hibs are a disaster, any manager that has had them on an upward curve gets the bullet regardless and they are totally tainted by that sacking of Maloney. No up and coming guy will touch them. They are looking at someone with little options and/or maybe seeking a bit of redemption. I.e Malcky McKay or similar.

SwissCelt likes this.
  9. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Everyone will avoid the Hibs job like the plague now unless desperate. That’s not the job for Kennedy, think he’d be best starting off in the championship to be honest and building from there.

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Seen this bumped. Was sure he was getting the blame for semi final defeat :giggle1:

“Sunsport understands...”. About as trustworthy as leaving your house keys with a kleptomaniac when you go on holiday.

He would be absolutely batshit insane to take the Hibs job. That team are going nowhere fast, probably need a bigger overhaul than we did last season with next to no money to do it.

Can’t see it happening.

Zanderama, Wllm, jj81 and 1 other person like this.
  11. jj81

I'd like stubbs in if he went , dunno how possible it'd be though or if he's done badges etc

12. jj81

Or does he no need one as he's managed before lol

Sean Daleer likes this.
  13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I couldn’t make head nor tail of the last post before that one. Left it in case I was missing something obvious :giggle1:

jj81 likes this.
  14. jj81

As soon as i posted it , I thought what a * * I am :56:

Sean Daleer likes this.
  15. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

It’s not pretty for them right now but McGinn, Doidge and Nisbet were big notable absences at Hampden and they still played well and were undone by two absolute worldies by Hearts. Doig and Nisbet haven’t kicked on as many expected this season but the shitshow that is Hibs wouldn’t have helped in that regard.

Josh Doig, Ryan Porteous, Paul Hanlon, Paul McGinn, Ewan Henderson, Nisbet and Doidge is not the worst spine to build upon.. especially if Porteous becomes less of a nutjob/wannabe hardman as he ages.

I personally think it’s mental they sacked Maloney. Why get him in the first place? If they can manage to pull £3-4m for Nisbet they could go out and get 2 or 3 players to plump out the squad. They’re in desperate need of midfielders and a replacement for Boyle. I wouldn’t write them off altogether though. Rough times ahead all the same.

16. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    He'd be mad to take it

They'd be equally mad to offer it.

Especially given his, ahem, "stint" as "manager" here.

Hibs job is a poison chalice at this point. No actual manager worth their salt will touch them with a * stick.

The treatment of Ross, Maloney, perhaps even Lennon to a certain extent, will ring alarm bells.
    Even the fact that Stubbs jumped ship for * Rotherham after delivering cup glory, says that theres been a real negative culture over there for too long.
    And it's not gonna disappear anytime soon with that tan -fastic zoomer running the show on behalf of the other tan-fastic zoomer.

Theyre seriously looking down the barrel of relegation within the next year or so

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    If he has any ambition to be an actual manager, he needs to leave Celtic.

He's burnt that bridge of being manager by staying at Celtic, he failed last year in his stint and I just can't see the board or the fans allowing him to step up to that hot seat again.

If he wants to be a manager properly, even Celtic manager, he's gonna need to go out in to the big bad world and make a name for himself.

If he really got offered the Hibs job a few years back, he was silly not to take it then. However hindsight is a wonderful thing for us all, because right now, he'd be silly to take the Hibs job at all. Anyone would be.

Best bet is to stick this season out here, then see what is on offer probably at a "lesser" club that has some ambition to go places, not one that's a basket case and destined to * you over.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He might just be content with where he is now?

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Hence, if he wants to be a manager

If not. Then he stays and no issues under current setup.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    What would you think if he does have those ambitions, but he’s being asked to stay in his current role and feels like he should out of loyalty?

Think it’s definitely a believable situation that, of Ange says you’re a valuable member of my team I’d want you to be here, and our hierarchy asks him to stay and leans on us giving him the chance after his retirement, what would you think of it?

Not saying that’s a thing btw, happened to me something like that when I was younger. And I stayed there because of it, being underpaid and underappreciated and looking back with an older head I hate the way they guilted me into staying, because it was my first job and they’d trained me but I’d worked my way up through my ability and forcing them to train me. Defo projecting here but I’d be interested to see what people would think.