1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kennedy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, May 15, 2016.

Discuss John Kennedy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    What?! This is a disgrace! He won us the quadruple treble, and he kept Lenny from making things even worse, and he’s a Tim and a good man and, and he loves his mammy doncha know… :fear:

LectersLuncheon and JamesM09 like this.
  2. oh bhoy

im pretty sure i read somewhere recently maloney said that the laptop is in charge of set pieces (however he would know?) .it may well explain why we are pish at them at both ends

martin_d likes this.
  3. JamesM09

I don't really want to get into it all again. I think there's some hand-waving away here and like I said, it's up to Ange to decide his assistant and whatever he says that's the end of it.

Saying that though, of course people will be uncomfortable with him being board appointed. This board has previous with nepotism which cost us 10IAR. I don't like the way people just dismiss this as a non-issue. It's fairly unusual for a board to appoint an assistant manager.

Kennedy is the Celtic assistant manager despite not being picked out by any Celtic manager. Why is it controversial to have reservations about that? We've all heard numerous stories about the politics that goes on at clubs. Even if Kennedy doesn't involve himself in stuff like that, it's impossible to deny it's a situation ripe for corruption. I'm not saying he's that type of person but it annoys me the way people just dismiss it as * all.

Big els likes this.
  4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    As far as I know it’s McManus this year.

CookieMonster and oh bhoy like this.
  5. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    So sick and tired on this utter dogshit argument for allowing this leech to cling on.

For the umpteenth time... It MEANS * ALL.

“I trained every single day with John Collins and we would often do extra work together. He has a drive that impressed me, to get the maximum out of every player, every single day.
    He knows his football and helped improve aspects of my game during the one year I worked with him, no doubts about that.
    I’m gutted he is leaving Celtic because he is an excellent coach and a fine human being". Virgil Van Dijk".

Thats possibly the best defender in the WORLD, not * Ajer at Brentford, noising up John * Collins. Should we get him in as Anges no1 aye?

“I’ll always be grateful to Celtic for what they did for me and my career and I’ll always be grateful to Neil. Celtic taught me what the Champions League was about. He taught me that it doesn’t matter who the opponents are or what they can do or who is in their team.
    We faced big teams with Celtic in the Champions League but we did it with belief. I learned so much from him about that. Neil gave me a platform and also a belief that I could go and play at the highest level.” Victor Wanyama.

Thats Victor Wanyama, one of the best centre mids weve had at this club in DECADES, chatting about Neil * Lennon. Quick, sack Ange and bring back Lenny!

It was Ronny Deila who gave me the opportunity and I thank him for that.
    I would say that was the night it really started for me as a first-team player for Celtic. I didn’t play every game after that but he trusted me in more big games after it. Kieran Tierney.

Thats Keiran Tierney, one of the best Scottish LB's in recent history, and certainly one of best currently in Europe, chatting about Ronny Deila.
    Oh, he was also on a CoD live stream there a few months ago, belting out the Deila song. Sack Ange? Get Ronny and Collins back with Lenny as DoF?

Utter bollocks to drag up comments by ex players about coaches. Means absolutely * NOTHING.

Put this * garbge argument to bed ffs.

AdamRS, SwissCelt and martin_d like this.
  6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye the guys that have worked with them day in and day out don’t know more than the guys sitting on an internet forum

7. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    He’s right but: it is a garbage argument to say that the quality of personal work relationships developed between coaches and players means that we shouldn’t question a coach’s credentials.

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Absolutely not the argument I was putting forth though was it. People were asking about we don’t really know what he does, I think Kristoffer Ajer knows and it’s the most recent insight that we have.

9. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He was under Lenny, he’s now an analyst and McManus took his coaching role.

oh bhoy likes this.
  10. KG-Henrik

Job for life, he’ll be CEO in no time.haha

11. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I wanted him gone with Lennon, but if Ange see's it as beneficial to keep him on then we just have to trust him. In time, he might want more of his own backroom staff in place but for now, we just have to go with what is in place. If he's being forced on him then that is a major issue.

JamesM09 likes this.
  12. Damnati

I just don't think that guys like Rodgers or Ange would meekly accept somebody hanging around that they didn't see value in. Lennon and Ronny I would accept they would maybe go along with whatever was put to them but not the former.

I also don't understand how it would benefit the board to enforce somebody's position within the coaching staff unless they believed he was valuable. If we're talking nepotism I'd be concerned if it was Dermot Desmond's son but why would they be so keen to look after John Kennedy? By all accounts the board can't even look after the Lisbon Lions properly but there's forever a job for John Kennedy even if he's useless?

Side note, the height of Nepotism at the club was Anton Rodgers playing as a trialist for us :56:

Liam Scales likes this.
  13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    This is basically what I think on it.

14. JamesM09

You're coming at this from totally the wrong angle. No one is suggesting they're "looking after" Kennedy out of some sort of altruism.

He's a man that owes his job solely to the board. He doesn't have a CV that would land him an equivalent job anywhere else and I doubt he's a wealthy enough man to walk away from the job without pretty big personal consequences.

That means there's a pressure to side with the board against his own manager if there was an issue and push came to shove. Whether he would or wouldn't we don't know, but people really need to stop dismissing it as absurd. We all know managers and boards come to pretty big disagreements, especially at Celtic.

The value for the board is they have someone familiar with reason to be loyal to them inside in the dressing room. He's probably also a competent enough coach, but the elephant in the room is he was tactically diabolical. The only argument I've really seen to counter that so far is, "I don't care, he's only the assistant manager".

I think Rodgers probably didn't mind having him in a basic coaching role. Ange seems quite unique in that he does everything himself and is happy to come into a job and work with the staff that are there.

I'm curious what will happen when Ange leaves. Will Kennedy go out and find a new job, take a demotion or become assistant to whoever comes in next?

Damnati and AdamRS like this.
  15. Hydrobhoy

when I ask my mates about Kennedy they say he's probs a decent coach but not at defending and he's the only 1 on the sidelines who doesn't look interested when we score etc and that riles * out them they always bang on about it

16. wulliebad

T-fal lennedy has a job for life and we should all be grateful to have him.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    His CV is excellent, he’s showed he can be part of a lot of different set up’s and show’s he can successfully be part of a winning set up, references off of guys like Lawwell, worked with a lot of different people in the last 8/9 years. His CV would like brilliant.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    aye, a lot * are raging he doesn’t smile enough for their liking. Can remember somecunt paused a video of him celebrating right on a moment where it looked like he wasn’t and was going off on one on twitter :56::56:

It’s * ridiculous

19. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Is there anything Ange cant do.
    D6809E8D-BD74-4CB2-B16D-2C2290F9321A.jpeg

20. JamesM09

I doubt he would walk into an assistant manager role anywhere near the size of Celtic or get paid anywhere near as much.

I said he doesn't have the CV to land an equivalent job elsewhere. Where do you think he would go to if he lost his current job?

I feel like these posts are wrongly taken as digs against Kennedy and people feel the need to jump to his defence. It's not an attempt to slag Kennedy or what he's done. The reality is being rated by our board continues to be hugely beneficial for Kennedy. He's been fast-tracked to a top position where most assistants need to be picked out by managers.