1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Barnes

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by bhoy_wonder, Jun 10, 2020.

Discuss John Barnes in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

There are approx 6 times more Asians in U.K. than black. Shouldn’t they be asking questions, joining protests / riots
    There are a lot more women, does that need addressing & protesting / rioting?

2. ladbroke8

But there is equal opportunity for managers to apply for jobs regardless of colour. We would need stats on how many applied vs how many were successful and a possible rationale as to why they weren't successful from the interviewer. This could be anonymous.

Equality of outcome seems to be what people want. Same with the company I work for, they're determined to have a boardroom which matches exactly the racial makeup of the country. The opportunity already exists but people seem determined to balance the outcome regardless of personal choice or applicant ability.

You tend to see with 3rd wave feminism, the gender pay gap myth and chief execs being mostly male. They ask why there's not an even split of woman in those jobs. They never ask why sewage workers, builders and jobs like that are mostly male and never demand an equal spread of gender or race there.

That's why I mentioned Chinese physios. When these things come up you pick your own group that you feel is oppressed. Pick the most glamorous position at the institution and question it and demand more of your specific group are not in that position and project it onto an entire industry.

Then stating its because of their race or gender despite not having investigated any of the employment processes of each company just makes you seem like you are playing a specific card for attention. Saying things like "unconscious bias" has no explanatory power to answer their original concern. Just goes out their and helps a falsehood grow arms and legs.

A reverse example of this is the newco across the Clyde. In the last 10 years they've went from being RA PEEPUL to believing that there is a hidden * hand against them. In all High places in Scotland with an agenda to keep protestants and their culture down. No evidence but the only way they can account for their own failures.

Aidan O’Shea and Spring Time like this.
  3. ladbroke8

And as for Barnes blaming unconscious bias from the fans. I'm pretty sure I've heard 60k mainly white fans sing about wanting to be a young French black man for most of the last season.

4. oh bhoy

Stop talking schiedt Barnes ya fat clown

johnboy19 likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

Sid doesn’t * talk. I’ll take his word on it.

eire4 and McChiellini.. like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Simon knows the score.

packybhoy likes this.
  8. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    What is his agenda. Odd timing with everything it’s going on at the moment

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Needs to be called out properly now..

He's non stop talking pish..

10. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Irking me a bit that people are still going on about Barnes' * stash on his bookshelf that is the most obvious photoshop ever!! :s:

11. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  12. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    He got booted off Celebrity Master Chef last week .. that'll be John Torode and Gregg Wallace on the list noo .

Gyp Rosetti, seamus1967 and KRS-1888 like this.
  13. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Had a swatch at some of his recent spats with randoms

What a bizarre way to spend your time. He is coming across as a right * weirdo these days.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He's forever banging on about this "unconscious bias" while talking also about black lives matter movement.

I'll admit I have "unconscious bias" on things, but it's more that I choose a chocolate chip muffin over a blueberry muffin.
    That's because I suffer from a condition known as fstbastarditus and not because I'm secretly harbouring racist views against blue skinned fruit.

But considering he keeps banging that drum (after he got called out for calling Celtic fans racist), while also talking about black lives matter, we can only safely conclude he is either a com Lete * idiot who can't split two conversation from one, or he is in fact proclaiming a sweeping generalisation that me, you, Celtic support and the whole of society are all racist.

In that case John, I'll turn that in you and call you a * racist to white people since you also will have this "unconscious bias" towards skin colour?

But I'm only going to use that as a rhetoric because I will not actually entertain a sweeping statement that claims everyone is racist because this patronising * lost a job one time.

Getting sick of seeing his * plastered everywhere now.
    Bad days when I wouldn't mind seeing piers * Morgan tear him a new one.

And fyi, if you are ever lurking here John, you are a patronising * with this *, not because you are black, I don't give a * what your skin colour is, but you are a patronising * because you are a patronising *.
    Same as you are a * football manager because you are a * football manager.

Ps. Petta and petrov were never victims of racial abuse from Celtic fans at all. Petta was slated his first season because he was *. After that he was brilliant and I was gutted the lad took an injury in a cup final warm up and we had to sub him pre-match.
    He may have found the abuse hard to take as a * player, but it was never because he was black.
    Same for petrov, he never took abuse off Celtic fans, ever. He took time to settle in, perhaps because he was 19 years old with a captains arm band for Bulgaria with a shot load of pressure moving to a completely different part of the world and culture. He took time to settle and perhaps maybe he was * home sick (sure I heard that at the time as well).

Never knew anyone to racial abuse either of these two from the Celtic support.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

15. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Petrov very nearly walked out on the club he was so homesick and down about his perormances,he had his bags packed and was literally on his way into the airport before having a change of heart and deciding to stick it out.

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Knew I remembered something about homesick. No wonder, as I say, he was 19 in a foreign country and had the weight of bring Bulgaria captain at such a young age as well.

I'd be surprised if such a lad didn't end up in the manager's office in tears unsure what to do.

But it wasn't for being racial abused, as what Barnes alludes to.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

KRS-1888 likes this.
  17. celtic warrior

Do enjoy him from time to time, but sometimes he can be a dense gate.

18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Good for Sid calling Barnes out for what I would have to say is not just utter * but absolute lies.

packybhoy likes this.
  19. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Don’t think Barnes ego would allow him to admit fault of being a * manager. Instead he uses his skin colour to deflect his ineptitude of managing a football team. Does he use this excuse for his disastrous spells at Jamaica or Tranmere? I’d think not. The Tranmere players called him and assistant Jason McAteer ‘Dumb and Dumber.’ True story.

Gyp Rosetti and eire4 like this.
  20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Get him in the Pub section :fear: