1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joey Dawson

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jun 18, 2021.

Discuss Joey Dawson in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DdoubleD

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    lol

Yeah 18yr old Joey Dawson could defiantly score at almost a goal a game in the Eredivisie.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
    The_Bhoy likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic teen Joey Dawson is a January loan target for Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

The 19-year-old striker has impressed for the Hoops' B team in the Lowland League with nine goals from 11 appearances but has still perhaps not featured as often as he'd have liked. Football Scotland understands Inverness have enquired about the player and whether or not the Hoops would be willing to sanction a loan switch for the remainder of the campaign.

It is also understood there are clubs in England keeping a close eye on the attacker with Crewe and Carlisle both interested in taking him back

Dawson would be another forward option for Billy Dodds' side who are still in the hunt for the playoffs in the Scottish Championship and hope the young hitman can help with their scrap.

He made his first-team debut for Celtic under Ange Postecoglou away to St Johnstone on Boxing Day last year amid a striker crisis when Kyogo was forced out through injury.

The hitman almost scored on his first appearance before admitting he was gutted to see a lob cleared off the line.

"I was devastated it didn’t go in. I don’t know how he got there to be fair," he said at the time.

After I dinked the keeper I thought it was in and I had my debut goal but they’ve just stretched to keep it off the line.

"Me scoring isn’t the main thing, the most important thing is the win."

Dawson has not been close to the first-team since but his two goals for Celtic B as a sub against Rangers earlier this week could force the Hoops to consider his future and whether or not minutes in a competitive environment would serve the player better.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
  7. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Should be a good loan that, they are at the top end so should be attacking

Rydo1888* and Liam Scales like this.
  8. Foley1888

I hadn’t realised Dawson was still only 19, this would be a good move for him to go and play at a higher level than lowland league.

For me this should be the next step for a lot of the B team who have potential.

Liam Scales likes this.
  9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Needs a loan and first team football for him to progress.

10. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    All for this loan move to ICT. Would toughen him up nicely.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic have rejected a loan offer from Newport County for striker Joey Dawson, Football Scotland understands.

The youngster, 19, was wanted by the League Two club who hoped to strengthen their attack for the final six months of the season. However we understand the Hoops do not want to sanction a loan for the player.

Celtic B are flying in the Lowland League and the club don't want to lose Dawson as he continues to score goals for Darren O'Dea's side.

We told you previously how Inverness CT were also hopeful of a loan switch for Dawson.

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It would be better for him to go to Newport or Caley Thistle on loan..

I don't think he's good enough to ever make it here though..

13. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    I think it is better for our younger players to stay here as the b team are now learning Ange's system with a view to progressing to the first team. Won't be playing the same football elsewhere. I agree he won't make it here or at least very unlikely

McChiellini.. likes this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Fair point about the style of play. Just a * standard..

15. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think it's more about being careful about who and where you send people on loan. Spend sometime in the B team to get them used to the system but they will need to improve aspects of their game and pick a good fit for them. I don't think you can prepare our youngsters in the Lowland league.

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  16. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Aye I can agree with that. First priority would be to show you can do the system in the lowland league, if you can't do it ot there they have no chance in the first team

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Denying him a loan to a higher level of league because we’re not wanting to effect the Colt team for the league they’re in is concerning. His scoring record in it would already suggest he’s outgrown that league and level to develop more than he is just now, the one game he got last year he showed a maturity and done well.

Keeping him where he is so we can let the youths have a go at silverware at that level, does * all for our youth players that have already outgrown where they are. Vata should be at a higher level on loan to get games, Lawal should, and this boy should. And Dawson has had the most interest with us having our pick of clubs to choose from.

It being reported as not wanting to take him away from Big Mick and Darren O’Dea is missing the point of what the * the leagues for.

* worrying, because they don’t have a route to our first team, so they should get the opportunity to work there way up at a better level at other teams.

18. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Strange not to give him a loan away for experience as the colts can’t even get promoted which makes even more bizarre. Unless Ange sees him as a 3rd choice option up top

19. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It's no, it's about being in the system developing, Bayern's youth play in the regionalia Bayern, a similarly low league, they learn the system and develop the tactics, many then go straight into the first team from there with no loan.

Aye it would be a higher level but he wouldn't be learning the Celtic way, if we want the colts to matter that's a good way to do it.

20. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    They can be promoted there tho can’t they? We shoulda have a set up similar to spains and The netherlands in regards youth teams inclusion