1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 3, 2021.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Big man's been passed the baton by big Jullien.

Live, Laugh, Love x

2. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    So good between the sticks that Nike gave him two ticks.

honda likes this.
  3. GavCFC1

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Cheers, Barkas crying now.

5. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Hope it's not jinxed

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s little things like that which make me happy.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's always been my number one x

Rydo1888* and The Phoenix like this.
  8. jambo_cfc

Siegrest incoming then

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Joe Hart arrived at Celtic accepting a challenge and it was one that he met head on with 100 per cent commitment. That devotion to completing the task ahead also saw him become a fans’ favourite in a team bursting with personalities, and endeared him to the fans as they accepted another new Hoops supporter to the ranks – and he speaks about that in the new Celtic View.

Here is an excerpt from Joe Hart’s interview:

The chant from the terraces of ‘he’s one of our own' is only reserved for homegrown talents that have broken into the first team or for the childhood fan fulfilling a lifelong ambition of representing the club of their heart.

There are examples of this in the Celtic squad currently. Think of the words that the support sing towards Callum McGregor that can be heard at Celtic Park and at the away grounds the fans take over.

“He’s like me and you, he loves Celtic too,” sing the Celtic fans, serenading their skipper.

Not explicitly the words ‘he’s one of our own,’ but it still strikes a similar chord in that it’s about fans appreciating the boy who they see living their dream.

It’s not only local lads that can form deep relationships with the club and the support.

Sometimes the bond can take years to form through consistent performances, but in the case of Joe Hart, something clicked immediately between all parties.

When the former England No.1 stepped through the door, there was a hint of scepticism in some quarters due to a lack of consistent first-team football in the previous few seasons.

Yet, something happened from the moment he became a Celt. Throughout the season, Hart has demonstrated his enduring qualities as a goalkeeper but more than that, he built a connection with fans through his humble and appreciative approach to life.

A simpler way of putting it is that Hart is a guy that ‘just gets it’. He values the support, he flourishes in the atmosphere and he represents the fans in a way some local guys who make the grade fail to ever do.

The relationship is so well established now that if you were to hear fans chanting about Joe Hart being ‘one of our own’ at stadiums next season, it wouldn’t take you by surprise

greengrocer likes this.
  11. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    “Tom Rogic said to me during the season that we won’t be defined by what happened last season, we are bigger than that and we have an opportunity to do what we can while we are here borrowing the shirts.

"Time moves on quickly so you have to take every opportunity as it comes.”

Tam giving some advice to Hart
    Nailed it imo

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    He’s in fantastic shape

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

With guaranteed UEFA Champions League group-stage football returning to Celtic Park this season, the double-winning Celtic squad were allowed an extended summer break.

No European qualifiers mean those players not involved in international matches were able to head off on holiday after Trophy Day, before returning to Lennoxtown on Monday.

Joe Hart was one of those back in for the first day of pre-season and despite the time off, the Hoops goalkeeper, now wearing the No.1 jersey for the new campaign, was delighted to get back to work.

He joined the Hoops on the eve of a crucial Europa League qualifier last summer, so this year he has the benefit of a full training camp with the team, and he believes that can only push him further forward.

Speaking exclusively to Celtic TV, Joe Hart said: “I loved the break, it’s always nice going into a holiday after a successful season. It’s an opportunity to be a different person and have a different focus but we are back now and ready to go.

'For a goalkeeper, it’s about getting your body ready to go and getting used to hitting the floor.'

“It’s amazing how your hands have five weeks of not being punished and you need to build them back up and re-programme the brain to get yourself in a frame of mind to get in front of the ball.

“Believe it or not, that’s not a natural thing for a human but we drill it into us as goalkeepers. However, that slight percentage goes away during the summer so it’s all about programming that back into your head.

'Pre-season is different for us. I’m a fit guy but I’m purpose-built to be a goalkeeper, so if you put me out running then you wouldn’t see me again.'

“We need a different sharpness, so the days of everyone running into the woods and running are gone.”

Heading into the new season with two trophies to look back upon gives Hart strength that the group can be successful again in the forthcoming campaign.

However, getting stronger is the target and with a year of the manager’s philosophy already embedded into the minds and feet of the squad, Hart believes this can only benefit the team going forward.

The manager has his way that he wants us to play," he said. "Last year, like a lot of us, he was brand new but we bought into it very quickly and the trust grew throughout the season.

“We know exactly where we stand, he knows us and we know him, so hopefully that will put us in a good place.

'I don’t think we can get away from the fact that the only way we had success last year was because we were united and worked so hard, and the manager made that point every single time.'

“The analysis was always about how hard we worked and how we didn’t give the opposition the chance to breathe.

“I’m super aware of not coming away from that and that comes with age as I know I don’t have as long as I once had in this game, so I’m going to try and get every little thing I can from it.

“That comes from working hard, good team spirit and mentality, but we’re going to try and have a good time while doing it.”

AussieGreek likes this.
  15. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

Great interview above . Really wasn’t sure when we signed him but glad to be proved wrong and his personality is totally different to what I thought it was . The guys been brilliant, when I thought he was on a downward spiral with his career. Could have sat on a bench earning probably more down south but great to see he still has the hunger and desire to play and win . I think Seigrist will push him more than bain .

bagforlife and greengrocer like this.
  16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He will be crucial in Europe. Gonna need some big moments.

17. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    I've been over the moon with him. The way he has embraced our club and his presence in the squad is clear to be seen. True leader. Truly humble. Top keeper.
    And he's still got a few years left.

Honestly.....took me by surprise how much a * love this man

bagforlife and jimbobers like this.
  18. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

Definitely mate , yeah seems to be a big presence . Love how he’s won loads but still seems hungry for more success , has a fantastic attitude and can only rub off on the younger players.

bagforlife and greengrocer like this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Coming into the new season, Joe Hart moved from the number 15 jersey to number 1, but at a club like Celtic, there’s always competition coming in the door to battle for the jersey.

On day one of pre-season training, Hart had four other goalkeepers for company, including new signing Ben Siegrist.

Having joined the Scottish champions after an impressive spell with Dundee United, Siegrist comes in to strengthen the goalkeeping union, and the former England internationalist has been impressed with what he’s seen from the Swiss stopper.

Speaking exclusively to Celtic TV, he said: “He’s been great, he’s a familiar face with what he did at Dundee United.

“He’s a big welcoming guy and it’s important we work together and appreciate that he’s coming in to make the group better.

“He will come in and only improve us as a squad and we can only welcome that.

“I’ve always had the same mentality that I can only do what I do, it’s not about Ben, or Scott Bain, or anyone else.

'I can only put myself in the best position and put myself in the best place I can and work to the best of my ability, that’s all I can offer and that’s what I focus on.'

Pre-season is where the hard work begins for Hart and the rest of the group as they head to Austria and then the Czech Republic, allowing the team to bond together on and off the park.

At 35, Hart has been on numerous trips like these before and he believes they are vital to pushing the team further forward during the season.

He added: “These are great times and moments for the group, a group that’s still fairly new.

“We have a lot of time together to grow and to sort the dynamic and the habits we want as a team.

“The manager has plenty he wants to implement but we have to do that as players as well and as soon as everyone is pulling in the same direction, then you have a chance to succeed.”

AussieGreek likes this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member