1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 3, 2021.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

2. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

The sweet sound of a Bottle of Buckfast being cracked open.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  3. JamesM09

Love this guy so much for his attitude.

Could’ve sat on a bench earning big bucks or went abroad but wanted to play, wanted the pressure, wanted the thrill, wanted the big crowds with the cheers and the boos.

Not only that he’s worked hard to get back to his best and contribute.

Not spoken about enough IMO. Bucks the trend of the modern game.

4. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This, plus the fact he committed to a 3 year deal gives us a degree of welcome stability over the next few years to look for a suitable understudy/successor.

5. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
  6. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Hes mentoring Oluwayemi to eventually take over

NomDePlum likes this.
  7. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Exactly

Lupis likes this.
  8. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Not only is he still a quality keeper...he's exactly the type of character to have in our goal.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  9. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

He just seems so aware of what's going on in front of him and is willing to show more than a bit of leadership, basically acting as a captain....he's been such a welcome addition to the team.

Pacific Ocean Blue likes this.
  10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Big man on Talk sport later..

11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

About 1230 apparently.

AdamRS likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Joe Hart admits he's fallen in love with Celtic since moving to Scotland.

The 34-year-old goalkeeper was signed by Hoops boss Ange Postecoglou from Tottenham Hotspur in the summer

Hart has solved Celtic's goalkeeping problem and he's developed into a key figure in the dressing room.

The former England number one spoke to colleagues about the Parkhead side before moving north and he's been blown away by the experience.

Speaking on TalkSport, Hart said: "When I did my research on the club, the common message was that you don't know what you're getting yourself into until you're up there.

"And it's so true. I don't say that because I'm trying to impress anyone.

"I'm not particularly bothered whether people believe me or not. It's something you have to experience and when you do, like my friends and family have, it's special.

"It's a great place to be and I'm enjoying it."

Hart revealed that he held honest talks with Postecoglou in the summer before joining Celtic.

The former Manchester City stopper was at a crossroads in his career but the 56-year-old boss convinced him to move north.

Hart has worked under some top managers in his career but he's a huge admirer of Postecoglou.

He added: "What I'm really enjoying about him as a manager is that he's very clear in what he wants.

"It's very simple and there is no wriggle room, which I like from the way I've been brought up in football.

"You like to be told what to do and how to do it with a little bit of room to express yourself.

"Especially in my position as a goalkeeper, I like to keep things simple and that's what his guy does.

He spoke to us all as individuals before we came and sussed us out as characters.

"The thing I like is that allowed me to speak very honestly.

I've been around football a long time and I was a little unclear on what I wanted from it.

"So I told him how I felt and what I needed to get the best out of myself.

"If that wasn't going to work up here then I totally understood but he felt like it was a good match."

The Hoops are on an incredible run of form after a difficult start to the season.

Hart was always convinced that Postecoglou would turn things around as the Celtic boss always trusted the process.

He added: "Nobody is looking for excuse but it's just facts that a lot of new players, and the manager came in.

I've got great respect for what he did because he came in by himself with the intentions of working with the staff.

"From the moment that I walked in, although the results were indifferent, he was very confident in his processes and the way he wanted to do things.

"We had to focus on what was being of asked of us and believe in the end result.

"We are on a good run at the moment but we haven't completed anything in the league yet."

Celtic claimed the first silverware of the season with a 2-1 win over Hibs in the Premier Sports Cup final on Sunday.

Hart was delighted to win his first trophy in Scotland but he's already targeting more success.

"It was something that we set out to do at the start of the season. We've taken care of that one.

It felt good but we move now and we've got four games before we look to the winter break so the focus has to shift.

14. ThatBhoyLarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings, At the moment Scott Brown, Lustig or Matthews.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenry, YNWA,
    Is he injured? or is just a rest?

15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

16. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    This is why we need to get another decent keeper in January as Bain is woeful. I am now * myself about tonight's game no matter how supposedly weakened the St Mirren team is

Slaw likes this.
  17. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Calm yourself my man, we're all short on confidence in Bain's ability but he's got good bhoys in front of him. We play our game and St Mirren will be very limited in their chances.

Chill pill mate :34:

18. Mr Diggler

Bain is not a bad keeper. I think he is a decent back up.

tarboltontim likes this.
  19. Pearse67*

Strange hes not in the squad at all.

20. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Think Joe is another EPL player that got a bad name in England for whatever reason, then just floated into teams to fill voids, it's the massive difference between the SPFL and EPL. You make a mistake at celtic you'll be forgiven the next world class save you make (he's had a few of them this season) where in the epl you have a bad game your behind the ballboy in terms of squad position. EPL is so cutthroat it's insane that pressure to perform error free all season must constantly play in your head.

Much like Sinclair come to Scotland then realises how big our club is and how well supported we are is an eye opener. I grew up down south so didn't hear much or very little of Scottish football, not sure if it's still like that or not due to Sky etc.