1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jere Uronen

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by MickeyyMack, Sep 17, 2020.

Discuss Jere Uronen in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Reports this morning have linked Celtic with a move for Finnish defender Jere Uronen.

Neil Lennon is looking to bring in defensive reinforcements after Boli Bolingoli was loaned out earlier this week.

Full-back Uronen is currently plying his trade with Genk in Belgium, where he has racked up over 150 appearances. He's also played 42 times for his country.

Reports in Italy suggest that Celtic have shown a "concrete interest" in the defender and they could make a move.

Uronen does, however, have two years left on his contract so the Hoops would have to splash out a healthy fee.

The Parkhead club have already been linked with Preston's Ben Davies and Charlton's Alfie Doughty this week.

2. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    26 Yo LB plenty international experience. I know it’s being reported the initial mob who broke this are Italian press but a quick check and they seem credible
    Sky sports reporter Mario Giunta follows them Aswell as the Bold Gianluca Di Marzio

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Never heard of him but looks well experienced for his age, won the Belgian League, plenty of caps and European experience and a lot of games for a 26 year old, capped when he was 17 as well.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  4. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Foley1888

I am sure we have been linked to Uronen before, possibly even a while back when he was first coming through.

Either that it was last year he was mentioned as a KT replacement. Seems a good player with good experience, if he has any attacking talent at all he will be better than what we have.

7. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Hes no finnished hes only 26

8. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Looking at his stats he's been a good player for Genk but doesn't seem too attacking, 5 goals and 16 assists in 150 games

6 and 13 in 90 for helsingborg, not the quickest going off of his fifa stats (not a great metric I know) he is slower than Taylor there.

Still looks as if he could be a good option in the position

9. Big C

If he’s slower than Taylor I’d give it a miss.

10. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    He went by a player! Sign him up!

MagicBallBhoy and MickeyyMack like this.
  11. Pearse67*

Underwhelming!

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

FIFA sticker required

13. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    A well-established, even experienced player is something we've not been quick to buy, these past few years. A yes from me.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  14. Belgian_lad

Decent player, plenty of experience, when fit he is always one of the first on the team sheet. I like the look of him. Genk fans really rate him, likes to be attacking minded. Was one of the strong holders in the year they won the lg. Last season battled with injuries. This season played it all und a manager that was sacked three days ago.

Dont know the fee Genk would expect, but bar Hagi they never seem to sell cheap.

My opinion easely within three best LB in Jupiler pro lg in the past year or 5. Defo better option then Taylor.

15. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Tough to pick which one I'd prefer between him and Doughty: one's got proven experience at a good level and the other a ton of potential to reach a much better standard than Uronen. I think if Taylor were a better option than he is, it'd be Doughty 100%, but we need someone to fill the LWB role urgently. If Taylor were to be sold, I'd take both.

16. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Simply put, we need both. Doughty would give us much needed depth at RW and LW, while also seemingly being a good prospect at the LWB position. Uronen would hopefully give us an immediate and much needed upgrade at LB/LWB over Taylor.

Uronen would effectively be Boli’s replacement, while Doughty would be Hayes’.

Hammy89 likes this.
  17. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Decent point, mate: can always do with more overall depth. Only thing is we don't want to become overloaded in the wing positions when it looks like we might be going ahead with just one player on each side (in a 3-5-2), but keeping our options open can only be a good thing.

18. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I don’t think we’d be overloaded at all. As it is right now, we don’t have a player capable of playing on the left side of a 3-5-2. Taylor is a decent left back with potential, but he’s not a wing back or a winger in a million years. I’m sure we’ll play 4-2-3-1 on plenty occasions this season too and right now we only have three wingers in our squad; one of which is horribly off form (Forrest), one is seemingly injury prone (Johnston) and one we don’t own (Elyounoussi).

If we signed a left back capable of playing LWB (I’ll use Uronen as the example), plus a left sided winger capable of playing LWB (and even in Doughty’s case as an inverted RW, which is a huge bonus), we’d effectively have:
    RB: Frimpong, Elhamed
    LB: Uronen, Taylor
    RWB: Frimpong, Forrest
    LWB: Uronen, Doughty
    RW: Forrest, Doughty
    LW: Elyounoussi, Johnston

That’s exactly the type of strength in depth and variety of options we should be aiming for.

19. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    ...Plus Connell, plus Christie who can play either side. Not arguing with you, mate. I just want to see some consistency in formation/tactics and transfers. Atm, it looks like 3-5-2 will be the go-to and we're barely being linked with a LWB. It's a joke.

Crilly likes this.
  20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Just saw that Genk finished 7th in the Belgium league last year, what a fall for them. Would probably take another 5 million bid at the very least but if we don't get Doughty I hope this is who we sign.