1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Japanese bhoys Aye or Nay?????

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by NakasofSteel, Feb 10, 2022.

Discuss Japanese bhoys Aye or Nay????? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NakasofSteel

Evening all,
    So I’m planning to travel to Glasgow from London on the 19th of March to watch the mighty hoops play Ross County at home.
    I really want to catch some of the Japanese bhoys play that day but Japan have a critical World Cup qualifying game to play in Australia on the 24th of March.
    Given that its 4/5 days after the Ross county match, what do you think the likelihood of them playing against Ross county will be?
    I’m thinking because of the long flight the Japanese federation might request for them to be out in Australia a long time before they play. Typically do international players arrive the day before A game or do they arrive days before to adjust to the time difference / jet lag?
    Thoughts and opinions anyone?
    Hail hail!!!!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
    Luis1967 likes this.
  2. TheHappyLoss

They aren’t Japanese now they are Celts. Japan has no power over them now.

Hope you get up for the game :50:

NakasofSteel likes this.
  3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'd guess they have a good chance of playing, mate. It is a long flight but not quite 4/5 days long. :50:

NakasofSteel likes this.
  4. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Good question but fact that Maeda was quite happy to play a part v the Huns 24 hours after playing a part in a Japan game, then it should work both ways 4 to 5 days, Japan can fk off and they’ll fly out after the game on same flight as Rogic, my worry is usually play 2 games so assuming the second match would be 28,29 march cutting it fine for Huns game, kyogo hopefully not in the squad

5. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL

6. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Sorry meant to reply no quote

7. brisbaneceltic

The Ross county game is being played at 1am Monday morning Australian time. The international window starts after that weekends game so traditionally players won’t arrive in Australia until late Monday evening or early Tuesday morning Australian time if they played on Sunday in Europe. Obviously from a national team point of view players playing on Saturday is better as you can get a extra training session. So I guess a federation could ask for a player to be let go early but the club doesn’t have to let them go as the window doesn’t start until after the Ross county game. So can’t see Celtic allowing that to happen if a request was given from * or Aus.

As such you’d assume that both rogic and any of the Japanese boys that are selected will play against Ross county.

8. brisbaneceltic

Both the Japan and Australian 2nd games are being played the 29th. Japan are at home so will be played Tuesday morning uk time and Australia away to Saudi Arabia so that is played Tuesday afternoon uk time.

obviously Mid East is a closer flight to the uk then Japan so they will rough be back at the same time probably Wednesday morning before the rangers

9. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Could be talking completely out my * here but if we beat Bodo we will play on Paddy's Day in next round of conference so we should have the Ross county game moved to the Sunday which is the 20th. Can see maeda and hatate in next Japanese squad. Could come too early for kyogo. Either way as far as I'm aware they are Celtics to do what they want until the Sunday evening of the 20th

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  10. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    * off, seriously again with this international *, are we gonna be missing Rogic, Kyogo and the rest for the huns at the shitbox on april 3rd now.

11. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

* i hadn’t even noticed that, possibly fs.:triplomur

12. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Calm down, the answer is no. They play on the Tuesday/Wednesday before the huns game at the weekend.

TheHappyLoss and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  13. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

So what games are they missing for? If any at all?

14. scootz

Personally I think our Japanese Bhoys should be banned - their inclusion is a clear slap in the face to those who fought in the Second war.

:fear:

15. GavCFC1

None

Tommy25 and Luis1967 like this.
  16. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Nice. Shat maself when I read this thread thinking we would be playing a few games without Kyogo, Maeda, Hatate, Rogic ect…lol

17. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    seriously? thank * for that

18. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

The question should be….

Japanese Bhoys, yes or aye?