1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

January transfer window

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Skelleto, Sep 15, 2022.

Discuss January transfer window in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Nah a don’t think so mate like @McGrory1888 said at the time Celtic thought deal was all but done and he * us over

Gazzi79 and AdamRS like this.
  2. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    If he wanted him, im 100% sure he will

Gazzi79 likes this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Dunno mate a don’t think giving if what I heard and McGrory heard was true gave his word he would sign like mcgree then * us about

McGrory1888 likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou sparks Celtic transfer excitement as he reveals a 'couple' of signings lined up

Ange Postecoglou will be glued to the box like the rest of the globe during the World Cup. But the Celtic boss admitted he might be tuning in for several different reasons. Postecoglou will cheering on the Socceroos of course.

He’s taken Australia to a World Cup and led them to another one, but this time he is watching his team like a punter. He’ll also be keeping tabs on the Celtic stars performing elsewhere, such as Josip Juranovic for Croatia or Daizen Maeda with Japan. Postecoglou can’t wait to see the drama unfold over the coming weeks but the Parkhead gaffer also revealed he might be casting his eye on a couple of potential new recruits.

The Aussies were in action against France last night and he said: “I’ll watch it (the World Cup). It’s one of those events you get engrossed in when it comes around. There are always great stories and we’ve got a few participants in there. There might be a couple of others I’m looking at as well..."

Postecoglou might be on the lookout for some players who catch his eye in Qatar. But the Celtic boss admitted he’s already well underway when it comes to his January shopping plans. Postecoglou is not the type of guy who enjoys a last dash supermarket sweep.

He likes to do his business nice and early to allow any new faces to settle in at Celtic and then hit the ground running. The manager will always remain tight-lipped on actual targets but he conceded he’s well down the line on the New Year recruitment drive.

Vissel Kobe defender Yuki Kobayashi is likely to check in, but he won’t be the only one. Postecoglou said: “It’s fair to say there’s a couple lined up.

"It’s how we’ve done things and how I believe we need to be. It’s how I’m built. I don’t like rushing around last minute. It’s not always the case. Matt O’Riley we did in three days last year.

"We saw an opportunity and moved really quickly. We need to be agile when we need to and when we don’t, we can methodically plan to make sure we get things done. If we can get guys early, once January 1 hits they are already part of this football club.”

Postecoglou has been a master at exploiting different markets – such as raiding Japan for stars such as Kyogo, Reo Hatate and Maeda. He’s set to dip in against for Kobayashi but the Aussie gaffer admitted he’s determined to cast his net far and wide for bargain buys he can turn in to major assets.

Postecoglou said: “Yes, absolutely. For us to challenge the teams we want to challenge, we need to do things a bit differently. We have to box clever. It’s worked well for us so far. The markets we’ve tapped into have been really beneficial for us and we’ve got great value in terms of what they’ve provided to our football club. We’ll be looking to do it again.”

Postecoglou doesn’t like the stress of panic buying but he does get a kick out of digging out gems and polishing them in to something special. And that’s exactly the aim in the next transfer window as he bid to tool up for the second half of the title race – and another assault on Europe next term.

Postecoglou said: “I’m always happy, always excited. There’s always something that needs to be done. It’s not just about brining in new players for the sake of it. It’s one we feel can take us to the next level. What we have done in the league so far is a strong foundation for us and the target is now to finish the season better than we started.”

Celtic are nine point clear in the Premiership and closed rivals Rangers have just bagged Gio van Bronckhorst, with the new man across the city facing a hefty rebuilding job. The Hoops are settled and in a position of strength – Postecoglou insisted he’s out to turn the screw.

He said: “We’ll definitely be stronger. I’ve said this was the difficult period for us we’ve just been through. No doubt we’ll be stronger – we’ll need to be stronger. We can’t stand still, no matter if people are saying we’ve had a great start. I refuse to stand still. Whatever the watermark has been, we aim to raise it when we get back. It has to be the way. I think that’s what the club has always strived to be.

“I get the sense sometimes you get distracted by other things, but the goal for us should be to always be stronger every year and bridging the gaps with the ones we want to compete with. You have to do that in all areas.”

Skelleto, Slaw, Rydo1888* and 2 others like this.
  5. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Big Ange excites me the way he talks.

6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

7. bhoy81

I will be honest, I have not seen any reports about him wanting to leave.

is there any links saying he wants to move on?

8. EddieBhoy1986

Can you direct me to the interviews where Josip has said he wanted to leave?

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  9. bhoy81

Can you direct me to where I said he wanted to leave? I think you have me mixed up with the other lad who is pretty much saying both of them are going to be sold.

Edit- just to add, I think you may have crossed your wires with the bold replies I made above to the other poster.

He clearly states that both JJ and O’Riley see their futures elsewhere and what I have posted is in bold. Clearly showing that I haven’t stated about either of them leaving.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  10. PaddyJamieson

Petition to rename it the November transfer window.

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Shuchi gonda for goalkeeper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Looked pish. Couldn't catch a cold.

13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Did you watch the game he pulled off 3 great saves in quick succession

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Aye, quick about the goal but small and wanted to punch everything. Don't think he would be good enough to be a number 1 for us.

15. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Apparently after Johnston at RB for Canada, he’s playing really well.

Taylor1 likes this.
  16. Lecs

I know our board like signing young guys with sell on potential but the Japanese right winger Ito impressed me today, absolute flying machine, really terrorised the German left back, 29 right enough. Plays in the j-league.

The boy they subbed on up front for Maeda, Asano. He was a real handful for the German defense, took his goal really well. 28 and plays for Brest in the French Premier league.

The Japanese team off the ball was total Ange ball haha. The way they pressed was ridiculous. So pleased for them. Their fans were fantastic as well.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  17. Lecs

Also, another player I just love watching and he really shines in the World Cups, said it in 2014 and again in 2018, Guillermo Ochoa is * brilliant. Mexican goaly, brilliant penalty save, and then later catching the ball with one hand and aw that, cool as *.

37 so no chance we'll sign him now but I would have loved him in the hoops. A madman, but one of the best shot stoppers I've seen.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  18. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    He’s simply not good looking enough to be in our team.

19. celtic warrior

Could do worse than signing the entire japan national team after their performance

20. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic